Archer: Like Pats, Cowboys have to do more with less

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Saints fired a guy who just couldn't get it done and took a gamble on a guy and it paid off. Similar to what everyone here but one person is willing to do.
Yeah, and somebody wins the lottery every week too, doesn't mean that we should go invest our life savings in Powerball tickets.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Smitty

DCC 4Life
The odds are very much against Jerry Jones pulling a coordinator and turning him into an elite head coach.

Our best move remains to wait for a guy who has the pull to force Jerry into the background a little.

That's not gonna change any time soon.

If we can find him this offseason, fine.... but I don't see one.

data

Forbes #1
In other words, wait for years until Tomlin, Harbaugh, McCarthy or Payton get fired.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Ironically, everyone hated Payton when he was here too.

Not saying Garrett = Payton, but the offensive coordinator always takes shit.
Question... Did Payton show ANY of the the ineptness Garrett has shown?

No?

Stupid comparison.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Question... Did Payton show ANY of the the ineptness Garrett has shown?

No?

Stupid comparison.
People bagged on his playcalling nonstop. He wasn't the head coach here, so of course people weren't complaining about his game management. Stupid question.

The point is... he's not as bad as people are pretending he is. Other coaches who are actually good coaches come through here and get shit on by the fan base too, Garrett is experiencing the same.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
People bagged on his playcalling nonstop. He wasn't the head coach here, so of course people weren't complaining about his game management. Stupid question.

The point is... he's not as bad as people are pretending he is. Other coaches who are actually good coaches come through here and get shit on by the fan base too, Garrett is experiencing the same.
What I remember about Payton was that he didn't call all the plays when he was in Dallas. He primarily worked with the QB initially and later got to do the play calling.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Ironically, everyone hated Payton when he was here too.
I've always been a fan of Payton. Ironically, he seems to be the only one of that Parcells grouping
that has succeeded in a head coach capacity.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

I didn't say anything about his being the HC or game management. But an OC and play caller still manages the game from their standpoint. So the question stands... Do you recall him making any retarded gaffs along the magnitude of Garrett's?

As far as Garrett getting shit on, there are very few coaches that have come thru Dallas that has deserved it as much as he has. And before you get your frilly Garrett panties in a bunch, I'm not saying he's the only one to deserve it. But he's in the discussion as one of the worst whether you like it or not. Even Fat Wade and the Poodle didn't have as many gameday screw ups as the Ginger embarrassment has. But they didn't talk about processes and such, so he does have that going for him, I guess.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Even Fat Wade and the Poodle didn't have as many gameday screw ups as the Ginger embarrassment has. But they didn't talk about processes and such, so he does have that going for him, I guess.
Uhhh...Campo was as bad or worse than Garrett on gamedays. In fact, they are remarkably similar in that regard.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Uhhh...Campo was as bad or worse than Garrett on gamedays. In fact, they are remarkably similar in that regard.
Oh, I'm certainly not saying Campo was even passable as a coach. But he was bland. Didn't do much at all, letting his coordinators do their thing. It's just that we had shitty coaches and players, so they didn't do much.

But I don't remember Campo making any blatantly stupid mistakes that cost us games. Do you? If so, refresh my memory.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Too bad "gameday screwups" isn't the only measure of a coach.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
It's all we need for RedPubes. His inability to coach has been costing us multiple games every god damned season.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Why wouldn't it be a chief reason when that is really all he can improve to win more games?

What else is more important to have squared away?

He doesn't dazzle with game plans or clock management. His situational football skills are sub par.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Why wouldn't it be a chief reason when that is really all he can improve to win more games?
It is one of the reasons he should be replaced, it doesn't make him one of the worst coaches in the league though. Just another guy who isn't good enough to get over the hump.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

What else is more important to have squared away?

He doesn't dazzle with game plans or clock management. His situational football skills are sub par.
As are his game plans and preparations

Let's not act like his game management deficiencies are his only problem, Smitty.

He's mediocre and needs to be replaced but I will always run to His defense!

D

Deuce

It is one of the reasons he should be replaced, it doesn't make him one of the worst coaches in the league though. Just another guy who isn't good enough to get over the hump.
I'm curious which coaches would be worse than him at this point? Not looking at the young, first timers just hired or last offseason, who's left? Maybe Philbin is on his level. Dennis Allen too. But there's really nobody left. You're boy is at best maybe the 3rd worst coach in the league after having some time to prove himself.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Top Bottom