Eagles at Cowboys | Week 17 Gameday Chatter Thread | 12/29/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Why would anyone wanna stay in that circus with zero chance of winning a Super Bowl?
Yep. Good for Hatcher.

Hopefully we let him walk and don't throw an absurd amount of money at him. I like the player but he's getting older and we need to get our salary cap situation under control.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Come talk to me when he learns how to read defensive coverages. The last time I checked, all he plays is the same reckless sandlot football as Romo. And the last time I checked, that doesn't get us very far....and Romo can read coverages. Manziel will be a massive bust in the NFL unless he learns how to diagnose coverages...and quickly.
Feh. He improvises as needed.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Well folks all I can think of now is the movie Groundhog Day. It is a continual disappointing loop for this team over the past three years. I thought it might be different but it looped again. Maybe I should go into hibernation as well. Wait until next year seems to be the fan mantra.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Well folks all I can think of now is the movie Groundhog Day. It is a continual disappointing loop for this team over the past three years. I thought it might be different but it looped again. Maybe I should go into hibernation as well. Wait until next year seems to be the fan mantra.
Something drastic needs to happen in order to break the cycle. New coach, homerun draft, clean house and get rid of aging vets with high salaries. I'd even target Ware and Witten.

Yeah they're fan favorites but this is shown business not show friendness.

Until Jerry is willing to make some of those changes we are stuck in neutral.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Who gives a shit if Garrett is fired? Jerry will just replace him with more of the same. As long as the games are close and the merchandise is moving he is happy
Exactly. Nail on the head smilie..

Rev

Staff member
1. Houston Texans - 2-14 (.559)
2. St. Louis Rams (via Washington Redskins) - 3-13 (.516)
3. Jacksonville Jaguars - 4-12 (.504)
4. Cleveland Browns - 4-12 (.516)
5. Oakland Raiders - 4-12 (.523)
6. Atlanta Falcons - 4-12 (.553)
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - 4-12 (.574)
8. Minnesota Vikings - 5-10-1 (.512)
9. Buffalo Bills - 6-10 (.520)
10. Detroit Lions - 7-9 (.457)
11. Tennessee Titans - 7-9 (.504)
12. New York Giants - 7-9 (.520)
13. St. Louis Rams - 7-9 (.551)
14. Chicago Bears - 8-8 (.465)
15. Pittsburgh Steelers - 8-8 (.469)
16 or 17. Baltimore Ravens - 8-8 (.484)
16 or 17. Dallas Cowboys - 8-8 (.484)
18. New York Jets - 8-8 (.488)
19. Miami Dolphins - 8-8 (.523)
20. Arizona Cardinals - 10-5 (.529)

What are the odds we win that coin flip? Even draft position is a nail biter for the Cowboys.
Dont forget the possible loss or switch of draft choice with Pittsburgh and Baltimore.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I thought I would be used to this by now, but still a kick in the nuts. Disappointing when we actually showed some heart.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Assuming we bring back Garrett and flame out next year I think that could be the impetus for cleaning house. It's not a guarantee but I think it's very possible that we only win 4 or 5 games next year if Romo misses any kind of time with his back, the team will be ready to quit on Garrett in an instant if we lose 3 or 4 games in a row.

If that does indeed happen I wouldn't be surprised to see us clean house and let go of guys like Ware and Witten who will be going on 33 in 2015 so that we can extend guys like Smith and Bryant who are clearly the future. I'd also expect to see us go after a QB with what I'm sure would be a top 6 or 7 pick, we might not be able to get the rapist but perhaps a guy like Mariota, Hundley or a relative unknown who hasn't blown up yet.

The question is what would happen to Romo, would we take our medicine all at once and shed all of our huge salaries or give him another year or two to allow the rookie to sit and learn and also to get out from under some of the guaranteed money?

Rev

Staff member

09?

D

Deuce

09?
He was our DB Coach.

kidd

DCC 4Life

09?
Wasn't he our secondary coach then?

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Can not say that the game last night was not entertaining. Good to see the defense show a little life up front.

Seemed to me that, again, they got away from the run game. Orton had a nice game, but I don't understand why they put the game on the QB's shoulders like they do. Late in the game is when Murray should be punishing the DL, and yet they set Orton up for failure by continually passing it.

It's house cleaning time, Jerry. Look in the mirror and ask yourself if your GM did a good enough job fielding a competitor this year. This should be the first firing. Let the new GM sort the rest of it out.

D

Deuce

From last night:

@wingoz: Orton 46 attempts. DeMarco Murray 17 rushes. Dallas never learned

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
From last night:

@wingoz: Orton 46 attempts. DeMarco Murray 17 rushes. Dallas never learned
Bad enough that they don't adjust during the game, but they haven't learned the lesson all year.

Murray came out busting heads, annnnnnnnnd he's done.

Just don't get it.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Sure, Murray fumbled. Take him out a series if you must and then give him back the ball.

Witten helped cause the INT by not adjusting to the pass behind him and sat out a bit, but they went right back to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom