Cowboys owner Jerry Jones remains committed to Jason Garrett

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Cowboys owner Jerry Jones remains committed to Jason Garrett
By Ryan Wilson | CBSSports.com
December 30, 2013 8:18 am ET

Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones remains committed to coach Jason Garrett, despite the team's third-straight 8-8 finish and their fourth-straight season without a playoff appearance.
"I said that a month ago," Jones reiterated Sunday night (via ESPN), following Dallas' 24-22 loss to Philadelphia in the regular-season finale that determined the NFC East winner. "I stand by what I said a month ago."

And while Garrett's job appears safe, Jones wouldn't comment on the rest of the staff, including defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin, who replaced Rob Ryan last offseason only to field one of the worst units in the NFL in 2013.

"I'm not discussing that at all," Jones said. "I have spoken a little more appropriate time here about three or four weeks ago. I said at that time that I was with Jason, that I thought that his future and what he's going to be doing with us was good. But this isn't the time and I don't even like the way it feels or looks to speak to anything about our coaches."

Kiffin, 73, has no plans on calling it a career and hopes to return to the Cowboys next season.

"I don't plan on retiring," Kiffin said. "I want to keep on coaching. I really would. It's no laughing matter. I'm proud to be a Cowboy. I'd like to get another shot next year. We'll see."

Garrett, who was promoted to head coach midway through the 2010 season when Wade Phillips was fired, sports a 29-27 record in Dallas.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
CONTINUITY!!!

junk

Not So New Member
I'll throw Chudzinski out as an OC candidate. Played under Jimmy. Coached under Norv.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Injuries should not be an excuse for Garrett maintaining his job. Look at Belichick and the Patriots. They suffered just as many key injuries as Dallas but since they have a stable organization and a coach who has a clue they still rattle off 12 wins as if it were nothing.

So Jerry needs to shelve the injury excuse and get away from Garrett unless he's fine with more of the same. Which it appears that he is.

D

Deuce

Injuries should not be an excuse for Garrett maintaining his job. Look at Belichick and the Patriots. They suffered just as many key injuries as Dallas but since they have a stable organization and a coach who has a clue they still rattle off 12 wins as if it were nothing.

So Jerry needs to shelve the injury excuse and get away from Garrett unless he's fine with more of the same. Which it appears that he is.
The Giants had massive amount of injuries but still went 7-3 down the stretch. You don't see a run like that with us.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
The Giants had massive amount of injuries but still went 7-3 down the stretch. You don't see a run like that with us.
The sad thing is even when conditions are damn near perfect, meaning we don't have any significant injuries, the results are still the same. 8-8.

Like I said in the gameday thread, if Jerry is serious about winning he needs to make drastic changes within the organization. Swapping out a few assistant coaches won't move the needle.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
How sick are the rest of you guys going to be seeing Garrett's emotionless face on the sidelines next year?

I mean seriously, fuck him.

I'm thinking whatever fans show up to the games next year will turn at the drop of a hat.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I'll take Norv and a combo of Frazier/Marinelli on the defense.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Norv could make a difference but could you imagine how inspiring the offensive meetings would be with Norv and Garrett? Wow.

D

Deuce

Norv/Frasier combo might be the best possible solution but damn that is still uninspiring.

Donpingon

DCC 4Life
Norv could make a difference but could you imagine how inspiring the offensive meetings would be with Norv and Garrett? Wow.
If only we had David Buehler still around...cue Ben Stein, "Bueller...Bueller"

Top Bottom