Archer - Mock draft: Cowboys upgrade D line

Carp

DCC 4Life
Hear me out...if we draft Manziel Jerry will find a way to get him and Romo on the field at the same time.

BOOM

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Tuitt would be a fine first rounder, he could play a little DT and strongside DE, has great size and has been productive, what's the issue?

Pet cat of mine in the second is Aaron Donald from Pitt.
I think Donald is going to end up being a first rounder. I'd take him over Tuitt.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I think Donald is going to end up being a first rounder. I'd take him over Tuitt.
He's only about 6-0 and probably not even 290, I don't think any 3-4 team will take him that high and I'm guessing only a team that runs primarily a 1-gap 4-3 would even consider him in the first. I wouldn't be surprised if he went in the 1st, I wouldn't even be surprised if we took him if we keep this scheme since he's a perfect fit for it, but I wouldn't be surprised if he drops to the 2nd either because of his size.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He's only about 6-0 and probably not even 290, I don't think any 3-4 team will take him that high and I'm guessing only a team that runs primarily a 1-gap 4-3 would even consider him in the first. I wouldn't be surprised if he went in the 1st, I wouldn't even be surprised if we took him if we keep this scheme since he's a perfect fit for it, but I wouldn't be surprised if he drops to the 2nd either because of his size.
Yeah, the second is where he's projected now, I just see him being a guy who rises into the bottom of the first at least as teams really start looking at how he plays.

In most years, yeah, his size drops him. But I think a lot of teams...well the smart ones anyways...are not sticking to the tried and true conventions about size. If the guy can play, a smart team will take someone like him.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yeah, the second is where he's projected now, I just see him being a guy who rises into the bottom of the first at least as teams really start looking at how he plays.

In most years, yeah, his size drops him. But I think a lot of teams...well the smart ones anyways...are not sticking to the tried and true conventions about size. If the guy can play, a smart team will take someone like him.
I agree to an extent but he's really small, this isn't a 6-2/6-3, 290-295 lb guy that a 3-4 team is taking when the supposed prototype is a 6-5/6-6, 300-310 lb guy. I wouldn't be surprised if he measured in at 6-0, 285 or maybe even a little less, he could still go in the first if the right team is there but I don't think he has appeal to at least half of the teams in the league, in the first round at least.

It depends where our pick ends up, I could see him making it to like the teens in the 2nd round, mabye not to the 20's if we miraculously win the division.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Agreed. Dallas could use an upgrade at every single position except kicker (unless they can't re-sign Bailey), center, and probably left tackle.
Probably left tackle?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Probably left tackle?
No doubt. He has had a pro bowl season. I think we have found our long term answer.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I always have hope. That's all that is available with the existing scheme.
OK. Was just wondering and don't want to turn it into one of those debates again.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Oh I was just venting. I would apologize but ..............nay.
Old people don't have to apologize. They can say whatever. I'm looking forward to being a very confusing racist who mixes up his stereotypes and can't get his slurs right when I'm 70.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
70 year old Clay: "God damn black people, go back to China and live in your wigwams with your whiskey and potatoes!"

Top Bottom