The Colin Kaepernick Thread...

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
In California, it's called Section 8 housing, maybe it's the same across the nation, but let's just call it government-assisted low-income housing...projects, if you will. I'm sure you'd fight one of those projects being considered for your neighborhood.
I wasn't going there at all as far as what I would want in my neighborhood. I was addressing policeman making traffic stops and dealing with individuals that have certain earmarks that have been problemic in the past.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
The face of BLM...so clueless

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The face of BLM...so clueless
But, but, it was about Malcolm X and stuff.

Just proves to me that Kaepernick is not even smart enough to be an effective social crusader.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

midswat

... soon
Did he seriously hashtag negro financed league?

Eye rolling smiley goes here.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Jim Brown on Colin Kaepernick: 'I don't desecrate my flag and my national anthem'

A.J. Perez, USA TODAY SportsPublished 2:49 p.m. ET Aug. 25, 2017 | Updated 2:53 p.m. ET Aug. 25, 2017

Jim Brown became active in the Civil Rights movement even before his retirement, although the Cleveland Browns legend said he'd never "desecrate" the flag or "The Star-Spangled Banner" as he claims Colin Kaepernick did last season.

In an interview with ThePostGame, Brown said he understands Kaepernick fighting for a cause but doesn't approve of his approach.

"I want to be in his corner, and I do think, 'God bless him,' " Brown said. "I'm going to give you the real deal: I'm an American. I don't desecrate my flag and my national anthem. I'm not gonna do anything against the flag and national anthem. I'm going to work within those situations. But this is my country, and I'll work out the problems, but I'll do it in an intelligent manner."

Kaepernick, a free agent, sat out the national anthem last year, his final year with the San Francisco 49ers, to draw attention to the treatment of minorities as well as police brutality. While those are issues that Brown has spoken out about for decades, he said Kaepernick should have found another way.

"If you have a cause, I think you should organize it, present it in a manner where it's not only you standing or sitting on one knee, but a lot of people that is gonna get behind each other and do something about it," said Brown.

Kaepernick has pledged to donate $1 million and all of his 2016 jersey proceeds to charities. The Colin Kaepernick Foundation announced earlier this week that $800,000 has been paid to several charities so far.
---------

In other words, Jim Brown, a man who lived through real oppression, just told this guy to get some perspective.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article117033883.html
Almost a year later, but this is awesome. Shows how clueless so many of our youth are about communism. It's sickening that they've been brainwashed into thinking it's some noble cause.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
The way I look at it race is an aspect of the issue. Officers react differently to an old lady than a full grown man, they react differently to guy in a suit compared to a guy covered in tattoos. They react differently to a black man than a white man, something in their brain tends to sense more danger when the person they're dealing with is black. Most of the unarmed black men are shot by people who are on high alert, they'd probably feel the same way about a white guy if he looked like a member of a Biker gang.

From what I've heard from people with education in criminal justice you frequently hear "Racial profiling is wrong, but it may save your life some day." I think young officers are frequently conditioned to associate black men with immediate danger.
While this may be true for some officers, honestly, officers react and perceive threat more from circumstance now than from the person involved. While we try to remain vigilant at all times, circumstance and behavior raises threat level sensitivity far more than race or color. If I'm driving through any neighborhood and I see a black man jogging wearing what most joggers would wear, I wouldn't think "OMG that man is black so he must be up to something!" I'd wave hello and be on my merry way.
Now if it's a nice 90 degree day and he's wearing a hoodie trying to conceal his face and acting suspiciously, I'd likely stop and talk to him to see what's up. If he didn't want to talk to me and I had no other reason than just that, he could tell me to screw off and all I could do is keep an eye on him.
Your biker gang analogy is also spot on.
Lasty, I've liely profiled far more white folk than black in my career. Wealthy looking whites in a not so good black area in the evening or at night are begging to be stopped. :happydance

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think it is black balling in this particular situation. But I have no doubt that the NFL commits collusion on a regular basis and turns around and punishes any NFL team that doesn't step in line. Those punishments may not be fines like we saw with the uncapped year bullshit. But I'm sure the NFL finds more covert ways to punish franchises.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Baltimore Ravens Chose Not To Sign Colin Kaepernick After Girlfriend’s Tweet
By Anthony DiMoro - September 6, 2017

According to Ray Lewis, the Baltimore Ravens were close to signing free agent quarterback Colin Kaepernick but elected not to thanks to a tweet sent out by the signal caller’s girlfriend.

“We [Baltimore Ravens] were going to close the deal to sign him [Kaepernick]” Lewis said on Showtime’s “Inside the NFL”.

“Steve Bisciotti said, ‘I want to hear Colin Kaepernick speak to let me know that he wants to play football.'”

“And it never happens because that picture comes up the next day.”

The picture Lewis refers to was one posted in a tweet by tweet by Nessa Diab, Kaepernicks’ girlfriend, which compared a picture of Lewis hugging Bisciotti to a scene from the Quentin Tarrantino movie ‘Django Unchained’ where Samuel L. Jackson’s loyal house slave held Leonardo DiCaprio’s cruel plantation owner.

“His girl goes out and put out this racist gesture and doesn’t know we are in the back office about to try to get this guy signed” Lewis said.

“Steve Bisciotti has said it himself: ‘How can you crucify Ray Lewis when Ray Lewis is the one calling for Colin Kaepernick?'”

Lewis said that if that tweet was never sent out Kaepernick would be in Baltimore with the Ravens.

“Then he’s flying him to Baltimore,” Lewis said.

“I am sitting with all three of them and we are all having a conversation about bringing Colin Kaepernick in.”

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
I've heard it was when he started dating that chick is when he started going off the deep end.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Did Kaepernick ever raise any of his concerns publicly BEFORE he lost the starting job?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Baltimore Ravens Chose Not To Sign Colin Kaepernick After Girlfriend’s Tweet
By Anthony DiMoro - September 6, 2017

According to Ray Lewis, the Baltimore Ravens were close to signing free agent quarterback Colin Kaepernick but elected not to thanks to a tweet sent out by the signal caller’s girlfriend.

“We [Baltimore Ravens] were going to close the deal to sign him [Kaepernick]” Lewis said on Showtime’s “Inside the NFL”.

“Steve Bisciotti said, ‘I want to hear Colin Kaepernick speak to let me know that he wants to play football.'”

“And it never happens because that picture comes up the next day.”

The picture Lewis refers to was one posted in a tweet by tweet by Nessa Diab, Kaepernicks’ girlfriend, which compared a picture of Lewis hugging Bisciotti to a scene from the Quentin Tarrantino movie ‘Django Unchained’ where Samuel L. Jackson’s loyal house slave held Leonardo DiCaprio’s cruel plantation owner.

“His girl goes out and put out this racist gesture and doesn’t know we are in the back office about to try to get this guy signed” Lewis said.

“Steve Bisciotti has said it himself: ‘How can you crucify Ray Lewis when Ray Lewis is the one calling for Colin Kaepernick?'”

Lewis said that if that tweet was never sent out Kaepernick would be in Baltimore with the Ravens.

“Then he’s flying him to Baltimore,” Lewis said.

“I am sitting with all three of them and we are all having a conversation about bringing Colin Kaepernick in.”

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I've heard it was when he started dating that chick is when he started going off the deep end.
She is muslim, and pretty militant at that.

Used to date Aldon Smith before Kaepernick.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
She is muslim, and pretty militant at that.

Used to date Aldon Smith before Kaepernick.
Am I a bigot for rolling my eyes when I see a black militant Muslim? Do they not know that Allah doesn't like the blacks?

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I don't think it is black balling in this particular situation. But I have no doubt that the NFL commits collusion on a regular basis and turns around and punishes any NFL team that doesn't step in line. Those punishments may not be fines like we saw with the uncapped year bullshit. But I'm sure the NFL finds more covert ways to punish franchises.
These franchises all have similar risk models and their front offices end up effectively thinking the same way. Then on top of it no one has the balls to stick their neck out and risk looking stupid.

Thus is how Denver and Houston got into a pissing contest to trade the least possible for Tony Romo. Now both have no QB on otherwise contending teams.

It would take a team where one or two highly respected individuals (e.g. Belichick) could make this decision against the grain of risk/collective NFL opinion.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Am I a bigot for rolling my eyes when I see a black militant Muslim? Do they not know that Allah doesn't like the blacks?
As far as I understand that is not correct, Allah is very much a Jesus clone, and your basing your idea on extreme fanatics. It's basically like saying blacks and Latinos being Christians is ridiculous based on Nazis.

Top Bottom