2014 College Football Chatter...

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deuce

The AP has crowned 78 national champions in college football. Fifteen programs account for 63 of those 78 championships. The sport hasn't had a first-time national champion since Florida won in 1996.

Parity in college football, at least when it comes to national champions, is a myth.

This a pretty interesting stat...
The system has always been stacked heavily in favor of the top 4-5 conferences and each conference has at least one historical powerhouse that dominate the vast majority of the time. I don't know if I would have guessed 63, but it isn't shocking.

D

Deuce

FWIW, the AAC has issued a statement in agreement with the rule change and commiting to their programs going forward with whatever it entails. Not sure I think it's legit, but it's keeping them from being put in the conversation with the smaller conferences that won't be able to compete.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
The Big 12 has been adamant about not adding teams. Pretty stupid idea if you ask me. Not conference championship game really sucks.

I wonder if BYU will make a really hard push to jump in again. It makes sense to add teams now. If only Texas hadn't cock blocked us from jumping it the PAC 12. That conference is ran so much better than the Big UT conference. There was a deal in place but the PAC 12 commissioner told UT they couldn't have their own network so they ran home to further weaken and destroy the Big 12 for their own gain. Bunch of freakin jerks.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
TCU is lucky as all get out. Thanks to Texas, those greedy bastards, we have TCU screwing things up. It is absolutely unbelievable that Texas is allowed to have the longhorn network when the SEC has their own network and the PAC 12 has the same. Doesn't the Big 10 have one too? Texas essentially was allowed to block the conference from having one so they could have their crappy failure network. As a result of that and years of them bastards running things we lost ATM, Mizzu, Nebraska and Colorado. What did we gain? WV and TCU?! WV is a decent add but they are way the frick over there and not really a good fit. It does feel good to be TCU get raped in the Big 12 though. Hopefully that continues.
Yes the Big 10 has one, with a whole rack of Maryland programming coming to a television near you.

D

Deuce

The Big 12 has been adamant about not adding teams. Pretty stupid idea if you ask me. Not conference championship game really sucks.

I wonder if BYU will make a really hard push to jump in again. It makes sense to add teams now. If only Texas hadn't cock blocked us from jumping it the PAC 12. That conference is ran so much better than the Big UT conference. There was a deal in place but the PAC 12 commissioner told UT they couldn't have their own network so they ran home to further weaken and destroy the Big 12 for their own gain. Bunch of freakin jerks.
I wish this would have happened as well. UT and OK joining the Pac 12 while the remnants of the Big 12 and the Big East would make their own sizable conference. Not the best one by far, but good enough with enough name recognition to be relevent in these discussions.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I wish this would have happened as well. UT and OK joining the Pac 12 while the remnants of the Big 12 and the Big East would make their own sizable conference. Not the best one by far, but good enough with enough name recognition to be relevent in these discussions.
That wasn't the deal. There were at least 4 teams set to make the jump. Still, that would have left the Big 12 open to pick up what was left of USA.

D

Deuce

That wasn't the deal. There were at least 4 teams set to make the jump. Still, that would have left the Big 12 open to pick up what was left of USA.
At most it was 4 teams. I remember the Pac 12 only wanting the 2 and OK St stopped it because their state legislature said it had to be a package deal with OK. I don't remember who else would have been included, but TT, Baylor, TCU and the likes were most likely staying put.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
At most it was 4 teams. I remember the Pac 12 only wanting the 2 and OK St stopped it because their state legislature said it had to be a package deal with OK. I don't remember who else would have been included, but TT, Baylor, TCU and the likes were most likely staying put.
Not true. The commish was in Lubbock for two days. It was a done deal. UT had their way with us like always though.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I'm glad they are going to be paying the players now. I always thought amateurism was bullshit. It's a billion dollar industry. They can afford to pay minimum wage to the employees.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

I don't know why you're surprised. That is a typical UT move.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
That's not true at all. We were basically already on the conference when UT pulled their douche move.

D

Deuce

That's not true at all. We were basically already on the conference when UT pulled their douche move.
I don't remember reading that at all. Maybe there were rumors cause of people on campus, but that didn't make it a done deal. UCF has had reps from conferences on campus over the years and it never materialized until last season.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I don't remember reading that at all. Maybe there were rumors cause of people on campus, but that didn't make it a done deal. UCF has had reps from conferences on campus over the years and it never materialized until last season.
It was not rumors. Definitely not rumors.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I cannot wait for college football to start. My team still needs some work along the defensive line. Still, I'm very excited about the future.

I'm thinking 8 wins this season. Still plenty of work to do.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I cannot wait for college football to start. My team still needs some work along the defensive line. Still, I'm very excited about the future.

I'm thinking 8 wins this season. Still plenty of work to do.
Do we need our 17th defensive coordinator to step in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom