Week 13 Thursday Night Gameday Chatter | Cowboys vs Vikings | 12-1-2016

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Absolutely.

This is the year where we really have as shot, and that's why this defense being crap is so unfortunate for us.

We finally have a team with the talent and character and a watered-down NFL with no dominant teams, and yet we don't have the complete team ourselves.

Still, because all those teams are flawed we can still do the job......assuming we aren't starting to come back down.

The Giants game will tell us.
It's very rare for a truly complete, dominant team to exist in today's NFL. I mean look at the Broncos last year, they won the Super Bowl with a completely dominant defense and horrific quarterback play, like, Peyton Manning was basically bad Jay Cutler for most of the season and they still won it all.

The Saints and Packers won titles in the last 10 years with no defense, Baltimore won a Super Bowl with an invalid quarterback because he got hot for a few weeks, San Francisco came within like 5 yards of winning it all with Colin Kaepernick at QB.

This is the new NFL, because of the salary cap and the practice restrictions I doubt we will ever have to worry about truly complete, dominant teams on a year in, year out basis.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
The problem is Seattle can play defense like that, and can take advantage on offense.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Beggars can't be choosers. We haven't come close to winning anything in 20+ years. I'm not turning my nose up at this win.

:towel
Yep. Don't complain about a gift. Santa may put a lump of coal in your playoff hopes.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The problem is Seattle can play defense like that, and can take advantage on offense.
Seattle's offense has been capable of some real stinkers this year though. They can't run the ball and they can't block anybody. The difference between them and the Vikes is literally Russel Wilson.

The Vikes defense really didn't stop us though. And I know that sort of sounds like a cop out but penalties killed our offense. We were moving the ball just fine against the Vikes. We just couldn't overcome the massive penalties.

D

Deuce

Seattle's offense has been capable of some real stinkers this year though. They can't run the ball and they can't block anybody. The difference between them and the Vikes is literally Russel Wilson.

The Vikes defense really didn't stop us though. And I know that sort of sounds like a cop out but penalties killed our offense. We were moving the ball just fine against the Vikes. We just couldn't overcome the massive penalties.
Schlereth said the same on SC this morning. Great teams have games where they face adversity and don't play well and still overcome. That was us last night.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Schlereth said the same on SC this morning. Great teams have games where they face adversity and don't play well and still overcome. That was us last night.
Yeah. The 90s Super Bowl Teams had plenty of squeezers. I saw several in person. They still won SBs.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
And they can also tie at Arizona in a game where no one scores a TD then go on the road and score 5 points at Tampa Bay.

As Simp pointed out, there are no complete teams and we can beat any of them and probably lose to any of them ourselves. We just have to hope that come playoff time, we play the better and cleaner game as we did vs Pittsburgh and Washington.

2233boys

Not So New Member
Two questions.

Did you all think that was a hold on Free?

On the two point conversion, it sure looked to me like the LT false started.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Two questions.

That was very borderline the call on Free much worse happens all the time.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Two questions.

The LT did jump. I noticed that too. And no way in hell was that a hold on Free.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Two questions.

Yeah it definitely was a false start again on the second 2 point attempt.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I don't agree that we moved the ball just fine last night if you take away the penalties. We were not good.

But it was one game against the best defense in the league and we probably won't see them again. We were also playing our 3rd game in 11 days on the road. They get a pass.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
[MENTION=70]Simpleton[/MENTION]

This is what I meant about not wanting or necessarily needing a Cowboys loss before the playoffs. You can have your bad game and it still not be a loss and you can take the same types of lessons away from it.

We had our sloppy game vs Philly and found a way to win, then followed it up with a domination of Cleveland, an impressive road win at Pittsburgh, a convincing all around effort vs Baltimore, then a big divisional win against a hot Washington team.

We just played an even worse game last night than we did vs Philly but still came away with a win, so now I'm hoping they respond with the same type of stretch that they did after the Philly game.

It's a mark of a winner when you can go into games like these and still find ways to win.

Last edited:
Top Bottom