JJT: Terrell McClain finally making impact in third season with Dallas

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Terrell McClain finally making impact in third season with Dallas
9:21 AM CT
Jean-Jacques Taylor
ESPN Staff Writer

FRISCO, Texas -- This is Terrell McClain’s third season with the Dallas Cowboys. He’s finally ready to make an impact.

McClain, who missed all of last season with a sprained big toe, was the Cowboys’ best defensive lineman in their 20-19 loss to the New York Giants. He had five tackles, most among the team’s linemen, including one for loss.

“He had a terrific game,” defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli said. “A powerful man.”

McClain played so well that he kept Cedric Thornton, the Cowboys’ big offseason acquisition, on the bench. Thornton, who signed a four-year, $17 million deal in the offseason, played only 20 snaps -- 10 fewer than Thornton.

McClain, 6-foot-2 and 302 pounds, is in his sixth season. He’s in the final year of a three-year, $3.05 million deal with Cowboys.

His job is to stop the run in the Cowboys’ scheme, and he did a good job of playing with power at the point of attack, showing an ability to make plays.

“It felt good to be out there making plays,” McClain said. “The past couple years have been frustrating, but you just keep working.”

The Cowboys will need him to continue playing well because they must do a better job against the run if they’re going to have any chance on defense this season. The Giants rushed for 113 yards on 24 carries, a 4.7-yard average.

New York rushed for 61 yards on nine carries during the last two possessions.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
He did AMAZING!!!!

Remember us stopping all those Giant runs up the gut, guys?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
McClain really was pretty good actually.
He was, which really surprises me. I guess when you hear a name for 2 years and basically see nothing out of him, you kind of write the whole thing off as a bunch of bullshit. Instead I thought he looked like our best defensive lineman against the Giants. Saw him actually making plays in the backfield from the NT spot.

I still question if he can keep this up and if he will be able to do it against better offensive lines but you have to at least give the guy props when he deserves them. Better then Crawford who couldn't make a damn play on the RB even when he was in position to.

Jiggyfly

Banned
He was, which really surprises me. I guess when you hear a name for 2 years and basically see nothing out of him, you kind of write the whole thing off as a bunch of bullshit. Instead I thought he looked like our best defensive lineman against the Giants. Saw him actually making plays in the backfield from the NT spot.

I still question if he can keep this up and if he will be able to do it against better offensive lines but you have to at least give the guy props when he deserves them. Better then Crawford who couldn't make a damn play on the RB even when he was in position to.
He looked like this last year before he got hurt.

I don't think he plays more than 8 games this year he is just always hurt.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Why is Crawford so bust? I cut him slack, but now?

Top Bottom