Vikings Trading For Sam Bradford

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
:lol

Peak 8 wins?

They won 11 with Bridgewater throwing 14 TD's and 9 INT's last year, I'm fairly certain Bradford can manage something similar to that. Barring further serious injuries this at least a 7 win team with upside of 10 or 11.

At any rate, yea, it's a nice trade in a vacuum, but if Wentz goes out there, takes a beating and never fully recovers because he's forced to go in before he's ready then this trade will be an underrated reason for him not evolving into what they hope he can be.

And Chase Daniel is not as good as Bradford. The difference might be negligible, say maybe a 7 win season with Bradford and 5 with Daniel, but 2 wins will make a big difference as far as when Wentz comes in.
And Bradford has won 25 games in 5 years so yeah, I'll go with the under on 8 wins.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Now ESPN is saying Wentz is going to start Week 1 if he's recovered from the rib injury.

Is playing a raw, rookie QB who threw about 600 college passes, missed almost the entire preseason, and is surrounded by poor offensive talent a good idea?
Wow. No, no it's not a good idea.

This just tells you the eagles have no plan. Daniel has sucked out loud in the preseason, but the idea was always to sit wentz the whole year. Now he might start week 1 with virtually no preseason? And the one game he played 3 weeks ago he wasn't particularly good? It reeks of the eagles flying by the seat of their pants.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaha

It's a small victory but at least the Vikes won't have to give up a third or second.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

This just tells you the eagles have no plan. Daniel has sucked out loud in the preseason, but the idea was always to sit wentz the whole year. Now he might start week 1 with virtually no preseason? And the one game he played 3 weeks ago he wasn't particularly good? It reeks of the eagles flying by the seat of their pants.
The Eagles offensive line has looked like garbage all preseason. Hell their team has looked like warmed over garbage all preseason. If they go with Wentz to start they could legitimately ruin him.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
And Bradford has won 25 games in 5 years so yeah, I'll go with the under on 8 wins.
When is the last time he had a defense like Minnesota's and a RB like Peterson?

Bridgewater didn't do a single thing more than Bradford has done his entire career.

And I don't care that Peterson is 31, if he's healthy he's good for at least 1200 and 10 TD's.

Genghis Khan

The Eagles offensive line has looked like garbage all preseason. Hell their team has looked like warmed over garbage all preseason. If they go with Wentz to start they could legitimately ruin him.

That's true too.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

Yea, this is why I said this trade has unintended consequences as far as Wentz goes.

I loved Wentz coming out because of the raw tools and the fact that he could sit, learn and develop behind Romo (theoretically at least), but in no way is this guy ready to play 12-16 NFL games with subpar talent surrounding him.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Now ESPN is saying Wentz is going to start Week 1 if he's recovered from the rib injury.

Is playing a raw, rookie QB who threw about 600 college passes, missed almost the entire preseason, and is surrounded by poor offensive talent a good idea?
I need him to start and do well. :unsure

I had to get him to replace Bridgewater. Sucks ass, but there was nothing else available.

Genghis Khan

Mike Garafolo
Mike Garafolo – Verified account ‏@MikeGarafolo

Told same as @caplannfl: It's the Carson Wentz show in Philly when he's healthy. Source says Chase Daniel not happy.

LOL. Chase f'n Daniel is offended?

Genghis Khan

Jeff McLane ✔ @Jeff_McLane
#Eagles are over the moon about Carson Wentz, even just based on one preseason session. If healthy, he should start in Game 1.
11:39 AM - 3 Sep 2016
393 393 Retweets 358 358 likes

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
When is the last time he had a defense like Minnesota's and a RB like Peterson?
He had some pretty good defenses with the Rams. And Steven Jackson wasn't exactly the worst RB either.

Bradford's career QB rating is 80. Teddy Bridgewaters QB rating is 87. I have no idea why people continually delude themselves into thinking Bradford is a good NFL QB.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
#Eagles are over the moon about Carson Wentz, even just based on one preseason session. If healthy, he should start in Game 1.
I love Wentz as well. I think the need for him to sit a year gets overrated. But he is going to get the ever living piss beat out of him by a shitty surrounding cast in Philly. The talent on that offense is nowhere to be found. It's not just a little bad, there is none.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
What in the name of God has happened for them to be over the moon?

One below average preseason game and like two weeks of training camp?

Dude missed more than half of camp and 3/4th of the preseason.

Jiggyfly

Banned
What in the name of God has happened for them to be over the moon?

One below average preseason game and like two weeks of training camp?

Dude missed more than half of camp and 3/4th of the preseason.
Job security.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
With the news of Wentz possibly starting week 1, he's gotta be the early favorite for OROY.

And a serious contender for MVP.

data

Forbes #1
Teams have spent a combined six first rounders on Bradford and RG III. Wow.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
What the fuck is wrong with the Vikings?

Why in the hell would you give up a first round pick for a QB who is supposed to take a backseat when your franchise QB Bridgewater returns next year?

A first rounder for a rental? Do they think they are winning the Super Bowl this year? This trade might be more idiotic than the Hershel Walker trade.

Once your starting QB goes down, your super bowl hopes are pretty much shot since there aren't more than 32 QBs out there capable of taking a team to a Super Bowl.

So what is the point of this trade? It's worth a first round pick for them to go 9-7 and get to the wildcard round? What is it they think they are buying? Their chances of winning anything meaningful have already been stripped, so they are essentially giving away a top-10 pick and therefore top-10 talent for a decade in exchange for one season of 9-7 MAYBE.

Dumb doesn't describe this. I would be firing anyone who was on board with this if I owned the Vikings.

Last edited:

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
See... the Vikings have that pretty new stadium, so they desperately need asses in the seats. This was most definitely a desperation move.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I guess they're looking at how Denver won a title with their QB doing almost nothing and thinking that while their defense may not be that level, perhaps you mix in a still top D with Peterson and who knows?

Short-sighted as hell for sure, and they probably could've gotten Bradford for less, but I'm sure they think they could contend for a SB this year.

And I assume you mean they're giving up a top 10 pick by getting Bradford, as in if they just went ahead with Hill they would've gotten a top 10 pick, not that they are going to end up giving the Eagles a top 10 pick right?

Top Bottom