Preseason Week 1 Chatter Thread...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Glennon looks like a turd too. Not sure why he gets pub like he could start in the NFL.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Sanchez intercepted for the Broncos. Kubiak still claims he will be the starter week 1.

Cotton

Staff member
Wentz in for the Eagles, [MENTION=14]NoDak[/MENTION].

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Bears/Broncos on Fox and Saints/Pats on NFLN here. I don't GAS who it is right now, it's freaking football. Finally.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cotton

Staff member
I guess I don't see the gruesome part.

Edit: I didn't see the elbow. Was looking at the legs.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I guess I don't see the gruesome part.

Edit: I didn't see the elbow. Was looking at the legs.
I did the same thing at first. Watched it multiple times looking at the legs and saw nothing.

Then I saw the elbow.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So how about Paxton Lynch off to the nice start... our injured 2nd and 3rd round picks by comparison seem like a waste right now. But I know that's short sighted

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
So how about Paxton Lynch off to the nice start... our injured 2nd and 3rd round picks by comparison seem like a waste right now. But I know that's short sighted
Just a wee bit.

But I was surprised Jones didn't sweeten the draft-day trade offer to Seattle for Lynch. Why not toss in a sixth round pick or two to exceed Denver's offer? Does anyone seriously give a crap about 98% of all the sixth round picks this organization has ever made?

Jiggyfly

Banned
So how about Paxton Lynch off to the nice start... our injured 2nd and 3rd round picks by comparison seem like a waste right now. But I know that's short sighted[/QUOT
Really CRock?

Come on man you are better than that.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
There's a lot of enthusiasm in Philly for Wentz's debut performance last night. I thought he was pretty bad though.

50% passing and under 4ypa? Yikes. A lot his passes were way off and he's holding the ball way too long. He's got a long way to go.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I admittedly only watched a couple of series, but I thought he looked good. Surprisingly good.

Of course, Kubiak's offense is far more QB-friendly than ours IMO.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So how about Paxton Lynch off to the nice start... our injured 2nd and 3rd round picks by comparison seem like a waste right now. But I know that's short sighted[/QUOT
Really CRock?

Come on man you are better than that.
Oh I was mostly just messing around. I really do like Lynch though. I hope long term we don't regret not pulling the trigger on that trade.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I admittedly only watched a couple of series, but I thought he looked good. Surprisingly good.

Of course, Kubiak's offense is far more QB-friendly than ours IMO.
Granted it was against shit competition but 6 of 7 passing for 74 yards is pretty good. His QB rating was 110.7.

Sure beats what Wentz did out there. But in all fairness the Eagles offense looked like shit. Their WR's were terrible and their protection was equally bad. It's preseason so who really knows what any of that means but I don't think the Eagles will be very good this year.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I didn't see the Eagles game at all... I'll have to catch that on a replay sometime. But I never thought Wentz would beat out Bradford early in the year. Bradford can be pretty good when he's healthy.

I just liked the way Lynch dropped back, didn't look jumpy or jittery, and calmly got the ball out of his hand on time and with accuracy. It's just a tiny snapshot so it may mean nothing, but I liked what I saw.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
There's a lot of enthusiasm in Philly for Wentz's debut performance last night. I thought he was pretty bad though.

50% passing and under 4ypa? Yikes. A lot his passes were way off and he's holding the ball way too long. He's got a long way to go.
They're idiots then, which is no surprise.

I can understand being patient, saying you saw some flashes and seeing what the future holds but anybody excited over what he did last night is an idiot. Last night I saw exactly what I saw out of him in college, a big guy with a strong arm and some mobility but his pocket presence is poor and right now he isn't great at sliding in the pocket to buy an extra second, which leads to lots of big hits.

He also locks on to targets and panics a bit at times when he has to go through progressions and the pocket starts collapsing around him. He also seemed inaccurate last night too, which isn't something I saw much in college but it's probably due to the game speed.

Alot of things to work with for sure but he needs alot of development and you run the risk of ruining him if you throw him out there too soon, which is what the Eagles will likely do once they're 3-7, have no chance at the playoffs and the fans are calling for Wentz every week.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
They're idiots then, which is no surprise.

I can understand being patient, saying you saw some flashes and seeing what the future holds but anybody excited over what he did last night is an idiot. Last night I saw exactly what I saw out of him in college, a big guy with a strong arm and some mobility but his pocket presence is poor and right now he isn't great at sliding in the pocket to buy an extra second, which leads to lots of big hits.

He also locks on to targets and panics a bit at times when he has to go through progressions and the pocket starts collapsing around him. He also seemed inaccurate last night too, which isn't something I saw much in college but it's probably due to the game speed.

Alot of things to work with for sure but he needs alot of development and you run the risk of ruining him if you throw him out there too soon, which is what the Eagles will likely do once they're 3-7, have no chance at the playoffs and the fans are calling for Wentz every week.

Yep. Last night didn't tell us anything we didn't already know; he's got some tools but a long way to go.

The inaccuracies might be because they've been overhauling his mechanics and he probably isn't comfortable with it yet. He's been off a lot in practice too.

Top Bottom