Training Camp Thread...

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Once Bryant felt the position he had on Brown, he broke hard across the field. Romo put the ball on Bryant at eye level which kept him on the dead sprint. Jeff Heath was in the middle of the field and was in position to drive on the ball, but he wasn’t able to close the ground quick enough to make a play
When shitbags like Heath are off this team, I'll know Jerry is serious about building a contender.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Did Jimmy care about the health of the asthma kid?
People love to wax poetic about Jimmy being tough on players, but that asthma kid was nothing but a scrub rookie kicker that Jimmy made an example of because he knew he had no chance of making the team.

Not quite the same thing as the number 4 overall pick now, is it?

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
If you don't understand the difference between asthma and a hamstring then the convo is useless.
of course there's a difference. the asthma kid could have died. who dies from a hammy?

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
People love to wax poetic about Jimmy being tough on players, but that asthma kid was nothing but a scrub rookie kicker that Jimmy made an example of because he knew he had no chance of making the team.

yes, I'm well aware that Jason has a penchant for preferential treatment, which is why vets (and now rookies) feel entitled to take huge chunks of camp off. Dez had a no-big-deal hammy last August that he milked into a six week vacation.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
yes, I'm well aware that Jason has a penchant for preferential treatment, which is why vets (and now rookies) feel entitled to take huge chunks of camp off. Dez had a no-big-deal hammy last August that he milked into a six week vacation.
That's nice. Not sure what it has to do with your example of sending Elliot to the hammy field, tho. Especially since Jimmy freely admitted to doing the exact same thing with preferential treatment.

Scrub vs 4th overall pick. Think Jimmy would have sent him to the hammy field? Yeah... Me neither.

Jiggyfly

Banned

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
That's nice. Not sure what it has to do with your example of sending Elliot to the hammy field, tho. Especially since Jimmy freely admitted to doing the exact same thing with preferential treatment.

Scrub vs 4th overall pick. Think Jimmy would have sent him to the hammy field? Yeah... Me neither.
the life/welfare of a top 5 pick is more important than a scrub's? that's a helluva indictment of Jimmy. remember, all lives matter.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I'm not really sure why Showers deserves the opportunity. I mean I get it with Dak a little. The guy was a fourth round pick and a very decorated college QB. You want to give guys like that a chance. Showers on the other hand was a marginal college QB who went undrafted. He is sort of the epitome of fourth string QB. A guy who has some physical tools but will have to get extremely lucky to ever get a chance in the NFL and for the most part is used as a camp arm and practice squad guy.
I recall another recent Cowboys QB who wasn't drafted.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life

LOL exactly. Jimmy's "examples" were always marginal players he'd totally blindside-- the Asthma guy, John Roper, Curvin Richards, and Frank Cornish (target of a drunk tirade on the charter flight after a loss).

He wouldn't take on a starter or anybody he needed straight up and openly like that.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I recall another recent Cowboys QB who wasn't drafted.
Sure it's just one of multiple factors. I'd love for Showers to become something but this is a guy who never really even threw for 2000 yards in a season in college and that was while starting a couple seasons at UTEP. So I guess it's a big jump for me personally to say he had a couple nice practices and now deserves second string NFL reps and first crack at that position this season.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
LOL exactly. Jimmy's "examples" were always marginal players he'd totally blindside-- the Asthma guy, John Roper, Curvin Richards, and Frank Cornish (target of a drunk tirade on the charter flight after a loss).

He wouldn't take on a starter or anybody he needed straight up and openly like that.
The legends grow with time. Reality is substituted with myth. Such is the case with some of the Jimmy lore.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me

?

he dragged Haley into a bathroom stall and told him he was flushing his career down the toilet

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Way to fall down Byron Jones.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
?

he dragged Haley into a bathroom stall and told him he was flushing his career down the toilet
He never benched, suspended, fined, openly called him out, or cut him for whatever behavior made him pull him aside.

Jimmy did manage his players, like Nate and Charles-- which was good. I'm not disputing that.

But this reputation of being a bad-ass ready to cut the next fool who got out of line is totally overblown.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
the life/welfare of a top 5 pick is more important than a scrub's? that's a helluva indictment of Jimmy. remember, all lives matter.
:lol

You're trying to spin it in to a life/welfare thing now? We're talking about a player with a minor injury. You brought up the "hammy field", and the difference between that and the kid with asthma, which was plenty stupid enough. If you want to go the life/welfare route, I suggest you take it over to www.retarduniverse.com I'm sure it will make more sense to morons like doomsday and sacamano.

Top Bottom