Soccer Thread

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Is the Word

D

Deuce

Messi is on fire in this tournement. I hope it dies down by the 2nd round when he plays the US.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Messi is pretty much telling Ronaldo right now - "Thanks for keeping my Balon D'or warm for me"

D

Deuce

@CloydRivers: Did We Tie Germany in WWI?
Did We Tie Germany in WWII?
Hell no. We beat Germany. And we'll beat them Thursday in the World Cup.
Merica.

:towel

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
@CloydRivers: Did We Tie Germany in WWI?
Did We Tie Germany in WWII?
Hell no. We beat Germany. And we'll beat them Thursday in the World Cup.
Merica.

D

Deuce

Muntari and Boateng both suspended indefinitely from the Ghana squad and sent home. Good news for the US as a small margin Portugal win would be great.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Muntari and Boateng both suspended indefinitely from the Ghana squad and sent home. Good news for the US as a small margin Portugal win would be great.
Muntari was already out but hopefully this is an indication of even more issues with the team.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
He has a point.

D

Deuce

This game could be ugly. It's been raining consistently for going on 20 hours and the roads leading into the stadium are flooded.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Omar Gonzalez is starting, that can't be good. He is a Terp though so that's something.

D

Deuce

Gonzalez is the same guy who's sole job on crossing routes is to put a head on the ball to clear it and he whiffed in the final seconds against Portugal. Excited to see Brad Davis play though.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Gonzalez is the same guy who's sole job on crossing routes is to put a head on the ball to clear it and he whiffed in the final seconds against Portugal. Excited to see Brad Davis play though.
That goal was Cameron and Johnson's fault.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Johnson was trailing the Striker from the beginning. Not sure how much he could have done. Cameron was bad all game.
He loafed a bit while the guy ran right by him, if he had ran hard and stopped his momentum a bit with his body it could've made the difference. I don't fully blame Johnson for it considering the conditions and the amount of work he put in throughout the game, but he was definitely more at fault than Gonzalez.

Gonzalez wasn't even near the dude who scored, it was mostly Cameron, Johnson and Besler somewhat.

D

Deuce

He loafed a bit while the guy ran right by him, if he had ran hard and stopped his momentum a bit with his body it could've made the difference. I don't fully blame Johnson for it considering the conditions and the amount of work he put in throughout the game, but he was definitely more at fault than Gonzalez.

Gonzalez wasn't even near the dude who scored, it was mostly Cameron, Johnson and Besler somewhat.
I'm pretty sure it was Gonazlez right next to Cameron when they didn't clear the cross.

Top Bottom