Texas Senate approves drug testing for welfare

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm not sure but I don't think they give out food stamps anymore, isn't everything put on a debit card?
I believe it is called an EBT card. The best is when someone with an EBT card offers to buy your groceries in exchange for the cash it is worth. I have had this happen to me multiple times when I lived in St Louis. Obviously the free food is not of the utmost importance to those people.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Wasn't Playmaker like the Tea Party champion at some point?

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Yep I was a conservative whore just like you, then I liked the tea party when it 1st came out. Not so much anymore.
Oh, name-calling. Stop being a little girl.

And my views are not conventionally conservative, but I don't gotta justify myself to you. Bai.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I think we all agree here...Playmaker just says the same thing with We Are The World blaring in the background.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Oh, name-calling. Stop being a little girl.

And my views are not conventionally conservative, but I don't gotta justify myself to you. Bai.
Khalid, folks generally have only a few categories and in their mind you either fit into one or the other.

I call it the America Be Stupid Syndrome

Playmaker

Brand New Member
I think you would agree that buying steak and lobster is a misuse of funds. How do you think we should handle it?
Iamtdg said there was a magical list that would stop people from buying luxuries like this with food stamps. Just posting to prove otherwise.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Iamtdg said there was a magical list that would stop people from buying luxuries like this with food stamps. Just posting to prove otherwise.
I am sure there are other instances, but all it does is show how some folks misuse the program and folks like you and I, the ones who pay taxes, have to foot the bill.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I believe it is called an EBT card. The best is when someone with an EBT card offers to buy your groceries in exchange for the cash it is worth. I have had this happen to me multiple times when I lived in St Louis. Obviously the free food is not of the utmost importance to those people.
On any given day, these people can be found outside the grocery store or Walmart. Usually the going rate is 3/4. I've heard of some offering 1/2. I've never done it myself, but have seen others do it. The checkers at Walmart don't give a shit. I've seen people swipe their card for somebody and exchange cash right there at the checkout. Don't even try to hide it.

When I was a kid growing up on the rez, people used to sell their commodities for next to nothing. 3-4 boxes of food for ten bucks. It was supposed to be "illegal", but there wasn't much fear of being arrested when you'd see city police cars at the warehouse buying commod's too. :lol

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Now you're just being obtuse. He was talking about alcohol and cigarettes, and you know it. While buying lobster and steak is stupid and shouldn't be allowed with gov't assistance, at least it is food.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
You have to be a real dumb fuck to smoke cigarettes.

I mean seriously, even I quit 10 years ago.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
That's a complete representation of what I said. But, carry on making shit up to further an already retarded argument.

Playmaker

Brand New Member
Now you're just being obtuse.
No I'm not, remember I live in Penna. I dated a woman one time that was on food stamps and I seem to remember her being only able to buy certain items. Mostly name brand weren't on the list, no junk food, soda and stuff like that. Guess thing have changed. Come to think of it it may have been something different like Wic.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
No I'm not, remember I live in Penna. I dated a woman one time that was on food stamps and I seem to remember her being only able to buy certain items. Mostly name brand weren't on the list, no junk food, soda and stuff like that. Guess thing have changed. Come to think of it it may have been something different like Wic.
You are talking about Wic actually. It is a different program and you are correct it has a very strict list of things you can purchase. It would even limit it down to allow shredded cheddar cheese but not shredded sharp cheddar. My first job was at a grocery store, I hated that shit.

Top Bottom