2015 Season | Week 10 Gameday Chatter | Dallas at Tampa Bay | 11/15/2015

Donpingon

DCC 4Life
id bet we go .500 the rest of the way with a healthy romo. miami is a mixed bag but they beat sam bradford...if romo takes a few hits they might just pull him

GShock

DCC 4Life
That'd be fine if it means we take a chance on a QB with our definite top 7ish pick. There is also an outside chance that Garrett is fired if we finish about 4-12, although it's quite small. I do think that if we end up picking around 4-7 that Stephen will realize how rare of a situation we would be in and would push to take a chance on a QB, especially considering that the top of this draft does not look extremely strong.

We all know that if we end up picking like 6th we will go with either Jalen Ramsey or Vernon Hargreaves though, both are great prospects, but the idea of drafting another DB in the 1st round, in the top 10 at that, makes me sick.
Well someone has to replace Claibust.

It's an interesting group at the top right now -

1. Cleveland Browns: 2-8 (.514 strength of schedule)
2. Tennessee Titans: 2-7 (.465 SOS)
3. Baltimore Ravens: 2-7 (.507 SOS)
4. San Diego Chargers: 2-7 (.513 SOS)
5. Dallas Cowboys: 2-7 (.524 SOS)
6. Detroit Lions: 2-7 (.531 SOS)
7. Jacksonville Jaguars: 3-6 (.440 SOS)
8. San Francisco 49ers: 3-6 (.532 SOS)
9. Houston Texans: 3-5 (.493 SOS)

Cleveland and Houston obviously have QB needs, but the others don't in any sort of pressing way. Of course, that just makes them more likely to trade the pick to a team that does.

And Romo magic notwithstanding, we stand a very good chance of being top 5 when this is all done.

@ Dolphins
Panthers
@Redskins
@Packers
Jets
@Bills
Redskins

There are about 3 almost certain losses in there, and if Romo gets hurt hanging in the pocket trying to make something happen, losing out is not off the table.

I would hate it, but assuming we get a franchise QB, it's what's best for the franchise.

dallen

Senior Tech
It would be for the best if Romo had to sit for the rest of the season. Just claim he is experiencing elbow soreness and keep him on the IR

townsend

Banned
It would be for the best if Romo had to sit for the rest of the season. Just claim he is experiencing elbow soreness and keep him on the IR
That'd be my preference. Tank the season without admitting you're tanking the season. Of course if I'm Garrett I want Romo playing immediately, since what's in the Cowboys worst interest is in Garrett's best interest.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I agree with everybody saying that losing 7 in a row is an indictment on Garrett's coaching ability, or inability to galvanize this team enough to pull one god damned win out of their ass over 2 months. When Romo went down I said give me 4-5, and if we were 4-5 we'd honestly be in the driver's seat, hell if we were 3-6 I think I'd still pick us to win the division, but these fools couldn't even pull one damn game out of their ass without Romo there to save them and it says alot.

To me Garrett is a no-value add in terms of providing anything tangible on the field, he is just along for the ride. We have a top 10 QB, an elite WR, an elite OL and a defense that can do well enough when they have the offense giving them leads most of the time. Last year we rode a streak of good health and good fortune in terms of turnovers to a 12-4 record, as well as a breath of fresh air in terms of play-calling with Linehan. If we were healthy I think we'd be 7-2, no worse than 6-3 and probably on our way to winning the division again, but I really don't think that has much to do with Garrett.

All he does is talk in platitudes and try to create a theoretical atmosphere that he has in his mind, there is nothing wrong with that necessarily, but to me that's all he really does, aside from providing a copacetic atmosphere for the front office to live with as they come to "consensus" decisions.

Garrett is not exactly a bad head coach, he's just not a good one, he just seems to be there, not really doing much of anything. With that said, he deserves to be fired for this travesty, although he won't because the front office will want to give Romo another chance for a year or two before he's done and they probably think there's no point to starting over with a new head coach just yet.

We'll probably end up with 6 or 7 wins, just enough to put us at the back end of the top 10.
I think this is spot on analysis of Garrett. He's just there and adds nothing of tangible value.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
While true in most cases I dont believe its so in Dallas. Ever since Johnson has left Jones has his been in everything and I believe gameplanning to be true with the exception of the Parcells reign. His ego requires it. Maybe not every offensive meeting but I believe he has input.

I will say that he does seem to have let Stephen have a bigger role in the last year. Then again who has Stephen learned from.
I could have sworn I read somewhere he sits in on the gameplan meetings occasionally.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think this is spot on analysis of Garrett. He's just there and adds nothing of tangible value.
I totally agree. I'm just so sick of watching games and feeling like the other team has game planned and schemed to beat us. I watch our team and we are having Witten run 3 yard routes on third and 5. We are only passing the ball out of shot gun formations and never seem a step ahead of the defense.

I hate to say it but I'm ready for Romo to take over and just sit at the line and call his own plays again.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
While true in most cases I dont believe its so in Dallas. Ever since Johnson has left Jones has his been in everything and I believe gameplanning to be true with the exception of the Parcells reign. His ego requires it. Maybe not every offensive meeting but I believe he has input.

I will say that he does seem to have let Stephen have a bigger role in the last year. Then again who has Stephen learned from.
He is portrayed that way but I have yet to hear any coach that has been here validate that portrayal. Some have refuted it including Johnson, Switzer and Parcells. Jones is hands on regarding team matters but coaching or directing the coaching doesn't seem to be a routine occurrence. His biggest shortcoming is that he wants to be the spokesperson rather than allowing the coach to speak for themselves.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
He is portrayed that way but I have yet to hear any coach that has been here validate that portrayal. Some have refuted it including Johnson, Switzer and Parcells. Jones is hands on regarding team matters but coaching or directing the coaching doesn't seem to be a routine occurrence. His biggest shortcoming is that he wants to be the spokesperson rather than allowing the coach to speak for themselves.
Do you really expect them to say otherwise?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Do you really expect them to say otherwise?
Well then what other source is more credible to say otherwise. News people? Sportscaster? Talk show hosts? Fans?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I totally agree. I'm just so sick of watching games and feeling like the other team has game planned and schemed to beat us. I watch our team and we are having Witten run 3 yard routes on third and 5. We are only passing the ball out of shot gun formations and never seem a step ahead of the defense.

I hate to say it but I'm ready for Romo to take over and just sit at the line and call his own plays again.
The way this team plays early in games tells me a lot. They seem to shoot their wad early, then the other team out coaches them the remainder of the game. It just says that we have an old fashioned and stubborn philosophy on both sides of the football.

Rev

Staff member
Well then what other source is more credible to say otherwise. News people? Sportscaster? Talk show hosts? Fans?
You can use all of that stuff but don't expect a coach to come out and say " I can't do my job because Jerry is constantly in my business". They just aren't going to do that. Just use your head and read the articles. He has been the focal point of the Cowboys for years now.

dallen

Senior Tech
I don't think Parcells or Jimmy would have had a problem saying that after they left.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
As you all know, my homer side reared it's head after last year. That part of me is now suppressed, yet again. I was actually pissed off after the game and let it ruin my day yesterday. After knowing the game was meaningless. I haven't let a Cowboys game ruin my Sunday in quite a few years now. It happened yesterday, and it pissed me off even more that I was pissed off.

dallen

Senior Tech
That'd be my preference. Tank the season without admitting you're tanking the season. Of course if I'm Garrett I want Romo playing immediately, since what's in the Cowboys worst interest is in Garrett's best interest.
Peyton Manning all of a sudden has a has torn plantar fascia

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I don't think Parcells or Jimmy would have had a problem saying that after they left.
Well, to be fair, Jimmy did say it.

Rev

Staff member
I don't think so either but I don't think Jerry was as much an issue with those two. Gailey, Campo, Wade, and Garrett I do.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
“He’s not a talent evaluator. Now, some days he thinks he is. Some days I think I’m an oilman, but I’m not. He’s an oilman.” -Parcells

Also just yesterday Jimmy said the players are only accountable to Jerry not Garrett.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Exactly. Especially Jimmy. He seemed to enjoy sticking the needle into Jerry when he could. If he could point out that Jerry was in on game planning as one of the reasons he left, he would have.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
As you all know, my homer side reared it's head after last year. That part of me is now suppressed, yet again. I was actually pissed off after the game and let it ruin my day yesterday. After knowing the game was meaningless. I haven't let a Cowboys game ruin my Sunday in quite a few years now. It happened yesterday, and it pissed me off even more that I was pissed off.
CSB

Top Bottom