JJT: Pressure's on for Darren McFadden

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Why must you go to the extreme to make a point he showed speed and the ability to make people miss on his long runs against Jacksonville and the Redskins.
No, he ran through gigantic holes in each case. Against Washington I don't even know if he was touched, and he practically ran a straight line.
The last time you said this Crock showed the videos disproving this, yet here you are again.
Showing the videos of both runs doesn't change the facts.

Late in the game, on grass, with a big lead, running out the clock against a tired defense through giant holes is something that backups do all the time.

Doesn't mean they can actually bring something to the table and start if they had to. DeMarco Murray was John Riggins and Randle is Keith Griffin... with cleptomania.
Don't forget his big runs against Seattle.
His best play the entire year was the Seattle run, especially because it came at a critical time and also early in the game-- but again NOT TOUCHED until 30 yards downfield.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
No, he ran through gigantic holes in each case. Against Washington I don't even know if he was touched, and he practically ran a straight line.

Showing the videos of both runs doesn't change the facts.

Late in the game, on grass, with a big lead, running out the clock against a tired defense through giant holes is something that backups do all the time.

Doesn't mean they can actually bring something to the table and start if they had to. DeMarco Murray was John Riggins and Randle is Keith Griffin... with cleptomania.

His best play the entire year was the Seattle run, especially because it came at a critical time and also early in the game-- but again NOT TOUCHED until 30 yards downfield.
I think this is my favorite of the Joseph Randle TD's. The one against Jacksonville was also pretty impressive.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000438959/Randle-carries-for-a-17-yard-touchdown

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Yep. I don't know how anyone can say he isn't a good running back. There is more evidence that says he is than says he isn't.
We've seen all this and it still doesn't sway me. Late game TDs on grass vs a defense getting blown out without much hope-- it's not a fair assessment of his skill. Bottom line is if the coaches thought he was special he'd have gotten a lot more carries.

He started well vs Seattle and was rewarded with carries. That was far and away his best game. Randle is not good and he is not terrible either. He is average and Dallas can do better.

Otherwise we wouldn't be concerned about drafting another back high in the draft, now would we? We'd all be talking about Randle as our next starter, McFadden signed for veteran depth, and a rookie to round out the package.

No, we all know we need a rookie to be our next bell cow.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bottom line is if the coaches thought he was special he'd have gotten a lot more carries.
Probably has a little something to do with playing behind the best RB in the NFL last year. When you have a guy running like Murray was last year, rarely do you want to put him on the bench for a relative unknown. It doesn't take away from what he did on the field.

But I forgot, it all has to do with running on grass. Maybe we should just save Randle for the grass games since he looks pretty damn elusive on grass.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
We've seen all this and it still doesn't sway me. Late game TDs on grass vs a defense getting blown out without much hope-- it's not a fair assessment of his skill. Bottom line is if the coaches thought he was special he'd have gotten a lot more carries.

He started well vs Seattle and was rewarded with carries. That was far and away his best game. Randle is not good and he is not terrible either. He is average and Dallas can do better.

Otherwise we wouldn't be concerned about drafting another back high in the draft, now would we? We'd all be talking about Randle as our next starter, McFadden signed for veteran depth, and a rookie to round out the package.

http://www.dallascowboyscentral.com/showthread.php?4482-Five-possible-draft-replacements-for-DeMarco-Murray-in-Dallas/page4.
If ypou saw this guy would you draft him. Courtsey of cowboyrock. Go to bottom of page for the clip.

p1_

DCC 4Life

He's great off the bench and in small doses. I have a feeling we will have THam flashbacks sooner than we'd like once the pressure cranks up on Randle. If he has it, he will bring it. Not gonna bet the farm.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
If he was there in the 5th round, sure :)

Nailed it.
How does anyone know enough to make that kind of statement. All anyone has seen is small doses. Let him be installed for at least 5 consecutive series for 2 of 3 games then maybe a valid assessment can be made.

Top Bottom