MLB Chatter Thread

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Two quick thoughts for Gibbons while he reflects on their season and looks towards next year...

Fuck.

and

You.

Enjoy watching the WS from home again, assholes! :towel
Hell yeah. Whiny fucker. You and the rest of your whiny ass players, too. :towel

Cotton

Staff member
Indians players had so much fun picking on Blue Jays’ Jose Bautista

BY PETE GRATHOFF
pgrathoff@kcstar.com

During last year’s American League Championship Series, Toronto Blue Jays right fielder Jose Bautista faked throwing a ball to the fans at Kauffman Stadium, and angered many of the Royals faithful.

Royals fans got the last laugh as they watched the Royals win the ALCS.

Ahead of Game 5 of this year’s ALCS between Toronto and the Cleveland Indians, Bautista said Indians’ pitcher Ryan Merritt would be scared of facing the Blue Jays, because it would be just his second start in the majors (the first was against the Royals on Sept. 30).

“With our experience in our lineup,” Bautista said, “I’m pretty sure he’s going to be shaking in his boots more than we are.”

Well, things didn’t turn out well for the Blue Jays, who lost 3-0 as the Indians won the AL pennant.

The Indians players took time from the post-game celebration to troll Bautista.

See Tweets below.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
[MENTION=38]E_D_Guapo[/MENTION]

Looks like the Cubs hitting problems are gone.

Lighting up the scoreboard now.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
[MENTION=38]E_D_Guapo[/MENTION]

Looks like the Cubs hitting problems are gone.

Lighting up the scoreboard now.
They racked up the runs the past couple nights. It has been fun to watch. Kershaw in game 6 & Hill if there is a game 7 though. The Cubs scored 0 runs in the 2 games those guys started this series. They struggle with tough lefties. Should be able to win one at Wrigley but it won't be easy.

I think I said in this thread that I believe more and more people are going to realize what Cubs fans already know...Javy Baez is a star. That is bearing out in spades so far this postseason.

Jon Lester has been so damn good. That was such a huge signing for the franchise.

One more win to get to the World Series for the first time since 1945, 5 more wins for the first World Series title since 1908. Go Cubs Go!

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
As a person who grew up in a small market Midwest city, I love seeing teams like Cleveland and Kansas City have success. If the Cubs can finish off the Dodgers I’ll be rooting for the Cubs to win it all.

If the Cubs win the World Series and you’re a diehard Cubs fan, you absolutely have to do everything within your means to get to Chicago during the championship parade. I imagine a Cubs victory parade would be a once in a generation kind of celebration where public offices and schools are even closed for the day.

Cotton

Staff member
They racked up the runs the past couple nights. It has been fun to watch. Kershaw in game 6 & Hill if there is a game 7 though. The Cubs scored 0 runs in the 2 games those guys started this series. They struggle with tough lefties. Should be able to win one at Wrigley but it won't be easy.

I think I said in this thread that I believe more and more people are going to realize what Cubs fans already know...Javy Baez is a star. That is bearing out in spades so far this postseason.

Jon Lester has been so damn good. That was such a huge signing for the franchise.

One more win to get to the World Series for the first time since 1945, 5 more wins for the first World Series title since 1908. Go Cubs Go!
Definitely rooting for the Cubs to win it all this year. You guys are definitely due.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
As a person who grew up in a small market Midwest city, I love seeing teams like Cleveland and Kansas City have success. If the Cubs can finish off the Dodgers I’ll be rooting for the Cubs to win it all.

If the Cubs win the World Series and you’re a diehard Cubs fan, you absolutely have to do everything within your means to get to Chicago during the championship parade. I imagine a Cubs victory parade would be a once in a generation kind of celebration where public offices and schools are even closed for the day.
I plan to fly up there if they win. I would love to be in Wrigleyville for the clenching game and then at the parade afterwards. It will be a tough sell to my wife, but I am prepared to go deep into the doghouse and do it whether she likes it or not.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I plan to fly up there if they win. I would love to be in Wrigleyville for the clenching game and then at the parade afterwards. It will be a tough sell to my wife, but I am prepared to go deep into the doghouse and do it whether she likes it or not.
I have a spare bedroom if you need a place to hide for a bit. :lol

Rev

Staff member
FU Ryan Dempster

1bigfan13

Staff member
3 outs away. Nervous yet [MENTION=38]E_D_Guapo[/MENTION]

Rev

Staff member
Why...because of that declined trade that allowed them to get Hendricks?
Yeah. I know its all hindsight right now but its painful hindsight.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I imagine everyone was screaming DON'T TOUCH IT!!! DONT TOUCH IT!!! on that foul ball that went into the Bartman area. :lol

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
3 outs away. Nervous yet [MENTION=38]E_D_Guapo[/MENTION]
Honestly as good as Kershaw is I was remarkably calm and pretty confident that they were going to win going into that game. Then the game flow never really allowed for a lot of tension or nervousness. The jumped out early, tacked on a few more throughout the game, and just kept rolling on the mound. Kyle Hendicks, man. Wow. He was great again tonight. Thank you Ryan Dempster for excercising your no trade clause to veto a trade to the Braves. The next week they ended up moving him to the Rangers for a young soft-tossing righty named Kyle Hendricks. Huge.

Last edited:
Top Bottom