Archive - Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

p1_

DCC 4Life
On one side great that we are not considering keeping him, on the other his "trade value" (if he had any) is gone...
Oh I think we want to keep him, we just can't compete with other teams and DM can't compete with Dez for cap dolla's.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Too soon.

dallen

Senior Tech
Papa John is going to have a word with Jerry about this

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Carp

DCC 4Life
Any leverage we had now is gone...welcome back Murray.

dallen

Senior Tech
Cut him. No need for the disraction

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Any leverage we had now is gone...welcome back Murray.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Hill can say what he wants, but I definitely think it plays a part in the Murray signing.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4740130/cowboys-position-breakdown-rbs-2

A look ahead: What happens to Murray will be the story of the Cowboys' offseason. Do the Cowboys pay him a nice reward or do they let him walk as a free agent? Depending on the day, hour, minute that answer can change.

Murray has value to the Cowboys for more than just his ability to run the ball. Finding how to come to a financial agreement with all those things considered will be difficult. It won't be impossible. The Cowboys can certainly afford Murray, Dez Bryant and make plays in free agency with their salary cap. If they don't keep Murray, it will be a decision that they don't want to overpay for a running back.

If that happens, then Randle will get a chance to prove he can be effective as a full-time back. There are those at Valley Ranch who believe he can be a 1,400-yard rusher, but they also acknowledge there is more to the position than running the ball.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Right or wrong, the front office appeared to be counting on Randle as a viable starting candidate for next year...without him, they have no leverage.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Right or wrong, the front office appeared to be counting on Randle as a viable starting candidate for next year...without him, they have no leverage.
I wouldn't be so fast to believe that, Spags said it first on Talking Cowboys and then Archer parroted him in an article but pretty sure that's it.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I wouldn't be so fast to believe that, Spags said it first on Talking Cowboys and then Archer parroted him in an article but pretty sure that's it.
Why would they lie about that?

p1_

DCC 4Life
You and I know that's a very flawed approach. In my opinion it was never what we'd call credible leverage. Murray would just laugh at such foolishness. Kinda like we do.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Why would they lie about that?
Maybe he's not and he did hear something but Spags has been saying for awhile Murray is just a product of the OL and does nothing special while steadily pimping Randle :shrug Either way it shouldn't matter, they should have a number in mind for Murray and stick to it

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't know that I go that far but at the same time I'm not handing out a big contract to a RB who isn't Peterson in his prime. Shelf life is too short and it's a position that is heavily reliant on the blocking in front of them.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
There's a lot of people that McClain cut off and distanced himself from in the process of coming back from his "retirement". He used to be surrounded with bad people and it might have pissed them off when he decided not to be around them any more. I wouldn't be surprised if an enemy set the fire, rather than it being an insurance scam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom