The Gun Thread

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I picked up a ATI FX45 couple days ago from Grabagun, wanted another Rock Island but were out of stock. Fit and finish look pretty good.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I picked up a ATI FX45 couple days ago from Grabagun, wanted another Rock Island but were out of stock. Fit and finish look pretty good.
I really want to get me a 1911. Gotta let the water settle a little with the wife after this last gun buy before making another gun purchase. :lol

Cotton

Staff member
:lol

I had to have something pretty low profile for work now that I can carry on campus. Hard to conceal a .40 cal in dress clothes.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I really want to get me a 1911. Gotta let the water settle a little with the wife after this last gun buy before making another gun purchase. :lol
I love 1911's, there's so many aftermarket parts available to make it anything you want. It's like the Jeep of the gun world

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Just bought a Browning 7mm-08 X-bolt with a composite stock for my 14 year old daughter. Put a 4.5x14x40 Leupold scope on it. This thing is a sweet shooting gun. I've never owned or fired this caliber before.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Just bought a Browning 7mm-08 X-bolt with a composite stock for my 14 year old daughter. Put a 4.5x14x40 Leupold scope on it. This thing is a sweet shooting gun. I've never owned or fired this caliber before.
That was my first rifle when I was young (after the .22). My dad got it because it has little recoil, and I was a bit of a wuss. :lol

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
I took my Remmington 7mm to Wyoming in Oct. Bagged an 11 point Muley and a cow elk. That thing with a suppressor on it shot like a 22 LR. Sweetest shooting rifle I have ever shot. I'll post pics shortly

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
7mm-08 is a great round. Ammo is cheap, better ballistics than the parent case .308 and will cleanly kill just about any game animal in the US. I know you already know that but it's a really overlooked cartridge.

UncleMilti

Staff member
I bought my own Xmas present...I upgraded my Leica 1600 to these new all in one Rangefinder Binoculars....the Leica HD-B 2200.

It has a place to upload your own ballistic curves that then is used to calculate your dope (drop in mils/moa) and also uses the elevation, barometric pressure and temp to calculate everything. It is the shit.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I bought my own Xmas present...I upgraded my Leica 1600 to these new all in one Rangefinder Binoculars....the Leica HD-B 2200.

It has a place to upload your own ballistic curves that then is used to calculate your dope (drop in mils/moa) and also uses the elevation, barometric pressure and temp to calculate everything. It is the shit.

Don't forget bird watching.

kidd

DCC 4Life
Here's my Christmas present:

IMG_0003.jpg

I'm going to try it out this weekend. Looking forward to it!

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Palmetto State Armory has AR lowers marked down to $50 so went ahead and bought 2, going to be my first build from scratch ARs

UncleMilti

Staff member
Palmetto State Armory has AR lowers marked down to $50 so went ahead and bought 2, going to be my first build from scratch ARs
Nice!

I love the PSA stuff...they are 100 miles from my house and I go over there all the time. Shit is marked down and on sale at their main store, so sometimes I'll just walk thru and see what looks good. LOL

I have built 3 AR's using their stuff.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Nice!

I love the PSA stuff...they are 100 miles from my house and I go over there all the time. Shit is marked down and on sale at their main store, so sometimes I'll just walk thru and see what looks good. LOL

I have built 3 AR's using their stuff.
That's awesome, for my wallets sake it's probably a good thing they aren't near me. Going to the gun show today to see what kinda deals I can find on parts.

midswat

... soon
So, got me a Ruger .380 LCP. Will be my new carry weapon. Came in yesterday. Will go this morning to pick it up. Got it pretty cheap at the Kentucky Gun Company. They have some reasonable prices. I will be shooting it tonight out back. Will let everyone know how well it shoots.

I was recently given this same gun. Haven't taken it to the range yet. How do you like yours?

Cotton

Staff member
I was recently given this same gun. Haven't taken it to the range yet. How do you like yours?
I like it a lot. Shoots well. Perfect weight on the trigger. And, it makes for a very comfortable carry piece.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
I have Glock 27 in 40 cal that I have been carrying as a back up or plain clothes gun for years. Finally broke down and bought my first ever 9MM. I bought the Glock 43. It's a single stack and far easier to conceal. So now that I can can conceal it easier I carry it far more than I used to. Shoots like a dream as well.

UncleMilti

Staff member
I just picked up a Glock 32C in .357 Sig. Holy mother of God fire pops 12” out of the muzzle when I shoot it. And it’s got a way different sound to it...a sharp crack vs the .40 pop.

And the ballistics are phenomenal - 512 ft pounds at the muzzle at a screaming 1380 FPS.

Cotton

Staff member
I just picked up a Glock 32C in .357 Sig. Holy mother of God fire pops 12” out of the muzzle when I shoot it. And it’s got a way different sound to it...a sharp crack vs the .40 pop.

And the ballistics are phenomenal - 512 ft pounds at the muzzle at a screaming 1380 FPS.
Jesus Christ, man. :towel

Top Bottom