Doug Williams agrees with Cam Newton's comments regarding race

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I don't hate Newton at all but I do think his persona is fake to an extent, he definitely plays it up for the cameras. It's not the worst thing in the world but I don't want to hear people talk about how humble he is.

data

Forbes #1
Why is Muhammad Ali beloved? He seems to be a bigger asshole than any black athlete since.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
I don't hate Newton at all but I do think his persona is fake to an extent, he definitely plays it up for the cameras. It's not the worst thing in the world but I don't want to hear people talk about how humble he is.
I completely agree with this... now when TO (whichever team he was on) was doing things like this, it was funny and entertaining. With Cam, it just seems contrived... like in the episode of the Big Bang Theory where Sheldon "learns" to smile, it's just not natural.

As far as the racist thing, it's like being an addict... one of the "signs" you are an addict is denying you're an addict. :crazy

It's impossible to prove a negative.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
If Tony Romo decided to be all fake Cam and got me 15-1 and a Super Bowl?

Yes. I am a cheap disgusting whore.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I completely agree with this... now when TO (whichever team he was on) was doing things like this, it was funny and entertaining. With Cam, it just seems contrived... like in the episode of the Big Bang Theory where Sheldon "learns" to smile, it's just not natural.

As far as the racist thing, it's like being an addict... one of the "signs" you are an addict is denying you're an addict. :crazy

It's impossible to prove a negative.
And everyone who wasn't a fan of the team Owens played for hated him for his antics. I don't think there is anything wrong with hating Cam for being an arrogant prick and while at the same time acknowledging if he was on my team I would love him.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Yeah, fuck Gronkowski. When he was flailing around on the field carrying on like he'd been shot, I was hoping that he actually was.

kidd

DCC 4Life
So anyone here still like Cam?

I lost all respect for him after seeing him act like a spoiled child at the end and after the game.

When he's winning, he's running around doing his little Superman dance but when he loses?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
He just showed who he really is.

Carp

DCC 4Life
So he admits to not going after the fumble because he didn't want to risk injury. That is delicious.

dallen

Senior Tech
Holy shit, he admitted to that?
"I didn't get the fumble,'' Newton said. "We can play tit for tat. I've seen numerous quarterbacks throw interceptions, and the effort afterwards ... they don't go. I don't dive on one fumble, because of the way my leg was, it could have been [contorted] in a way.

"We didn't lose that game because of that fumble. I can tell you that.''

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14745754/super-bowl-50-cam-newton-carolina-panthers-defends-walking-reporters

-------------------------------
I mean, you pretty much did lose because of it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
"I didn't get the fumble,'' Newton said. "We can play tit for tat. I've seen numerous quarterbacks throw interceptions, and the effort afterwards ... they don't go. I don't dive on one fumble, because of the way my leg was, it could have been [contorted] in a way.

"We didn't lose that game because of that fumble. I can tell you that.''

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14745754/super-bowl-50-cam-newton-carolina-panthers-defends-walking-reporters

-------------------------------
I mean, you pretty much did lose because of it.
Cam gave up in that game. He is a front runner who falls to pieces when things go bad.

Top Bottom