Official Manziel To Dallas? Griffin To Dallas? Thread

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I have said this before but I have friends that now the Manziel family and the primary reason he is like he is (somewhat nutzo) is because that's the environment he was raised in. Some of his family members are thugs and his parents gave him everything he wanted. He doesn't know how to be normal. How he is acting is normal for him. Chances are he will spend time in prison sooner or later or meet his demise.
Oh, poor guy has affluenza. What a shame.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

So so done.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

So so done.
Jesus, 12,000 in legal fees is an absolute joke. They only did that because he is famous.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Holy crap. He made the national nightly network news.

So done.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I have said this before but I have friends that now the Manziel family and the primary reason he is like he is (somewhat nutzo) is because that's the environment he was raised in. Some of his family members are thugs and his parents gave him everything he wanted. He doesn't know how to be normal. How he is acting is normal for him. Chances are he will spend time in prison sooner or later or meet his demise.
Sounds like a case of affluenza to me.

Uppity North Texas kids have the market cornered on this affluenza thing.

Stars

DCC 4Life
I grew up and still live around Tyler. There were stories about the Manziel family for as long as I can remember. Long before Johnny Football was around. I assumed most of them were partly based in truth. Claims of mafia ties, bribery, embezzlement, huge drug deals...basically general thuggery. They had a lot of money at least in relation to most people in this area. So they were a big target for a lot of publicity, suspicion, hate..etc.

When Johnny was the in the draft, I wanted Dallas to take him because I knew we needed a QB behind Romo and I liked his "fuck you" attitude because I think our team doesn't have enough of that. I think a lot of people on here were rightly concerned about his size and skill set and how it would work in the NFL. Even if he had no outside problems, he might not ever be good enough to be a starting quarterback. I see that now. But I also knew without Romo, we had zippo at quarterback and where we were picking, I thought he would be a good fit. Sit him on the bench for a few years, learn from Romo. All that good stuff.

Looks like we dodged a huge bullet though. Not only did we not take him but we actually made a good pick that helped our team immensely. Manziel's "fuck you" attitude that I liked, is more like a deranged narcissist. Fits right in line with his family history. Apple doesn't fall far from the tree, I guess. I don't know how much of what his gf said is true, but as with anything Manziel, I'm sure it's based in a lot of truths.

data

Forbes #1
I grew up and still live around Tyler. There were stories about the Manziel family for as long as I can remember. Long before Johnny Football was around. I assumed most of them were partly based in truth. Claims of mafia ties, bribery, embezzlement, huge drug deals...basically general thuggery. They had a lot of money at least in relation to most people in this area. So they were a big target for a lot of publicity, suspicion, hate..etc.

When Johnny was the in the draft, I wanted Dallas to take him because I knew we needed a QB behind Romo and I liked his "fuck you" attitude because I think our team doesn't have enough of that. I think a lot of people on here were rightly concerned about his size and skill set and how it would work in the NFL. Even if he had no outside problems, he might not ever be good enough to be a starting quarterback. I see that now. But I also knew without Romo, we had zippo at quarterback and where we were picking, I thought he would be a good fit. Sit him on the bench for a few years, learn from Romo. All that good stuff.

Looks like we dodged a huge bullet though. Not only did we not take him but we actually made a good pick that helped our team immensely. Manziel's "fuck you" attitude that I liked, is more like a deranged narcissist. Fits right in line with his family history. Apple doesn't fall far from the tree, I guess. I don't know how much of what his gf said is true, but as with anything Manziel, I'm sure it's based in a lot of truths.
Manziel family read this and they're coming after you now.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Attorney for Colleen Crowley: Johnny Manziel ruptured client's eardrum

Pat McManamon
ESPN Staff Writer

Johnny Manziel hit Colleen Crowley so hard that it ruptured her left eardrum, Crowley's attorney told Dallas-Forth television station KXAS-Channel 5 on Monday.

"They expect (the ear) to heal, but it'll take a while," attorney Kathy Kinser told KXAS.

Kinser said Crowley still could not hear out of the ear.

Manziel is the subject of a criminal investigation into the alleged assault that took place in the early hours of Jan. 30. Crowley spoke with Dallas police on Friday to file the compliant.

Manziel told TMZ that the assault did not happen. A call to the attorney listed as Manziel's representation was not immediately returned.

A Dallas police spokesperson said Monday there was nothing new to release on the investigation.

Crowley filed for a protective order last week in Tarrant County, Texas. The order was issued, and Manziel has to stay away from Crowley for two years.

A copy of Crowley's affidavit asking for protection was included in the KXAS story.

Included are the details that she states led to her being hit in the left side of the head.

The affidavit states that Manziel dragged Crowley down some back steps to the hotel exit. As they passed a valet, Crowley states she pleaded with a valet as the pair left, saying: "Please don't let him take me. I'm scared for my life!" The valet responded he didn't know what to do.

Manziel took her to Crowley's car, where she states she got in the car's passenger seat "against my will." As he was backing up, she jumped out, ran across the street and hid in some bushes.

Manziel did a U-turn to where she was, grabbed her by her hair and threw her in the car.

"He hit me with his open hand on my left ear for jumping out of the car," the affidavit states. "I realized immediately that I could not hear out of that ear, and I cannot today (Feb. 3, the date of the filing)."

Crowley writes that the argument continued on the way to her apartment, and in her apartment.

"I continue to be extremely concerned for my health and well-being," she wrote.

The judge issued the protective order Feb. 4, the day after Crowley's filing.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Report: Browns lied about Johnny Manziel arriving at practice drunk

Cleveland Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel reportedly arrived at practice drunk near the end of the season, according to NFL Network’s Mike Silver.

“I was with a Browns player yesterday,” Silver said. “Johnny Manziel going into what would have been a start late in the season, showed up drunk at practice on a Wednesday.”

According to Silver’s report, the Browns lied to cover up for Manziel, claiming that he was in concussion protocol instead of admitting that he was intoxicated.

“The Browns lied to try and protect, and I would argue enable, this irresponsible and very troubled young man,” Silver said.

Manziel, who has been involved in a series of controversies throughout his two-year NFL career, is currently at the center of an investigation surrounding the alleged physical assault of his ex-girlfriend.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/02/09/johnny-manziel-cleveland-browns-drunk-practice-team-lied

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Report: Browns lied about Johnny Manziel arriving at practice drunk

Cleveland Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel reportedly arrived at practice drunk near the end of the season, according to NFL Network’s Mike Silver.

“I was with a Browns player yesterday,” Silver said. “Johnny Manziel going into what would have been a start late in the season, showed up drunk at practice on a Wednesday.”

According to Silver’s report, the Browns lied to cover up for Manziel, claiming that he was in concussion protocol instead of admitting that he was intoxicated.

“The Browns lied to try and protect, and I would argue enable, this irresponsible and very troubled young man,” Silver said.

Manziel, who has been involved in a series of controversies throughout his two-year NFL career, is currently at the center of an investigation surrounding the alleged physical assault of his ex-girlfriend.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/02/09/johnny-manziel-cleveland-browns-drunk-practice-team-lied
Do you think Comrade Goodell has the stones to follow his own precedent by confiscating their 1st round pick for undermining the integrity of the game? He's obsessed with that bullshit excuse, and loves to strip teams of draft picks. But, would he have the balls to confiscate the second overall pick?

Top Bottom