Coach Firing/Hiring Thread...

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
:lol

So true.

Geng was losing his damn mind in a panic, ready to crown the Eagles division champs way back in October....because according to him, them losing to the Giants at that time was actually a bad thing since it was going to spur them on to some monster winning streak.

Good times. :art
Oh, fuck you.

Genghis Khan

If you noticed, actually, it turned out I was right. The eagles were in it til the end basically, and the Giants fell way out.

Rooting for the Giants in that game was the right thing to do.

Also, I never said that the eagles would go on a monster winning streak.

:art

D

Deuce

If Hue Jackson has an all minority staff, do we get a reverse Rooney Rule out in place?

dallen

Senior Tech
I'm sure Horton will do a much better job than he did 2 years ago when they fired him. Hell, I think they were still paying him anyway. Might as well make him work for it

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
If Hue Jackson has an all minority staff, do we get a reverse Rooney Rule out in place?
You are racist for bringing that up! Quotas don't work that way!

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I might be mistaken but this is the first staff I can recall with an African American head coach, DC and OC.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Report: Todd Wash to be next Jaguars defensive coordinator

Posted by Josh Alper on January 21, 2016, 4:13 PM EST

The Jaguars have interviewed a handful of outside candidates for their defensive coordinator vacancy, but it looks like they’re going to turn to a coach already on their staff.

Ryan O’Halloran of the Florida Times-Union reports that the Jaguars have promoted Todd Wash to fill the opening created by Bob Babich’s firing. O’Halloran reported Wednesday that Wash was the front-runner for the job.

The Jaguars interviewed Marquand Manuel, Jerome Henderson, Lou Anarumo and Jim Schwartz, although Schwartz’s candidacy ended when he joined Doug Pederson’s staff in Philadelphia.

Wash has been the defensive line coach in Jacksonville for the last three years and also got the title of run game coordinator for the 2015 season. His history with head coach Gus Bradley dates well beyond Jacksonville as he was also the defensive line coach with the Seahawks when Bradley was the defensive coordinator. The two men also coached together at North Dakota State in 2002 and 2003, where Babich was the head coach in 2002, and with the Buccaneers in 2007.
--------------
I went to high school with this guy. Cool.

Wash played football for the NDSU Bison during the '88-'91 seasons, and was part of Championship teams in '88 and '90. After we draft Wentz and run Garret off, we need to hire him. THE DALLAS BISON, BABY!! :towel

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I'm sure Horton will do a much better job than he did 2 years ago when they fired him. Hell, I think they were still paying him anyway. Might as well make him work for it
I think Horton is a good coach that's been caught following the bad parts of the Cowher coaching tree.

Cotton

Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Report: Titans hiring Russ Grimm

Posted by Zac Jackson on January 22, 2016, 3:32 PM EST

The Titans will hire veteran coach Russ Grimm to coach their offensive line, Alex Marvez of FOX Sports reported Friday.

A Hall of Fame guard for the Redskins, Grimm has not coached since 2012. He was most recently assistant head coach and offensive line coach for the Cardinals.

He has 21 seasons of coaching experience with the Steelers and Cardinals. Grimm worked with Titans head coach Mike Mularkey in Pittsburgh.

Grimm is 56. He was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2010.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Chip Kelly fires Eric Mangini as 49ers defensive coordinator

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 22, 2016, 4:56 PM EST

Chip Kelly hasn’t named his new defensive coordinator in San Francisco, but it won’t be the old defensive coordinator.

Eric Mangini has been fired, Alex Marvez of FOX Sports reports. Mangini served as defensive coordinator last year on Jim Tomsula’s staff after serving as an offensive assistant the previous two years on Jim Harbaugh’s staff.

Now Mangini may struggle to find a new coaching job elsewhere, as his firing comes fairly late in the game after most teams have filled out their staffs. Mangini spent two years out of coaching after he was fired as head coach of the Browns following the 2010 season, and it wouldn’t be surprising to see him spend a year out of coaching again.

There’s no word on who Kelly will hire as his new defensive coordinator. Mike Vrabel has already turned the job down, but Kelly presumably has someone else in mind.
--------------------

I think his former DC in Philly, Phil Davis is available. That's probably the direction he will go in. He has worked with SF before, so it makes sense.

Cotton

Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Genghis Khan

Really head scratcher type moves. Maybethey could hire Juan Castillo to run the defense.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Report: Jim O’Neil to be 49ers defensive coordinator

Posted by Josh Alper on January 26, 2016, 6:02 PM EST

49ers head coach Chip Kelly has reportedly found his defensive coordinator.

Matt Maiocco of CSN Bay Area reports that the 49ers have decided to hire Jim O’Neil to fill the role. O’Neil served in the same position with the Browns for the last two years. The Browns dropped from 9th in points allowed in 2014 to 29th in 2015.

O’Neil worked under head coach Mike Pettine in Cleveland after also serving on the staffs for the Jets and Bills when Pettine was with those teams. O’Neil played high school football for Pettine’s father, so it’s a relationship that goes back a long way.

His charge with the 49ers will be devising a defense that can improve on last year’s results while being asked to be on the field more than other units thanks to the uptempo offensive scheme employed by Kelly. The Eagles defense was on the field for the most plays in the league in two of Kelly’s three seasons in Philly and they came in second during Kelly’s other year on the job.

Maiocco also reports that the 49ers have hired former Dolphins running backs coach Jeff Nixon as the team’s tight ends coach. The 49ers have not formally announced any hires yet, but these two additions should push that announcement closer as Kelly has reportedly put together most of his staff at this point.

Top Bottom