2016 Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

p1_

DCC 4Life
That's how you win, just play 12 guys on defense...

Terrell McClain starting still rubs me the wrong way. But oh well, McClain and Thornton is better then Hayden every day of the week. And it's not even close.
its called listing 3 starting CB's. Where'd this come from?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Click on this tweet to see some pretty imaginative same suggestions for Jerry's new toy. Best one, I thought, was Glory Helo. :lol

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
Pretty damn cool.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is why we suck in the draft. We never have extra draft resources because we always value our own guys more then draft picks. The teams that do best in the draft are the teams with more picks.

I'm sure it feels great having a top notch backup guard on a 6-10 team. But the pick would be a lot more useful.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
This is why we suck in the draft. We never have extra draft resources because we always value our own guys more then draft picks. The teams that do best in the draft are the teams with more picks.

I'm sure it feels great having a top notch backup guard on a 6-10 team. But the pick would be a lot more useful.
Yep.

Jiggyfly

Banned

The trade deadline is not close and we have cap to take on contracts.

Why say anything other than this?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

So tell teams that your door is shut to offers? How does that get you closer to anything positive?

Genghis Khan

We don't exactly have a history of doing this, so I find it hard to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Jiggyfly

Banned
We don't exactly have a history of doing this, so I find it hard to give them the benefit of the doubt.
I don't give them that either I just have no issue with them saying what they are saying.

But I will say the difference with Leary is they know he is not coming back with other guys they seem to want them back but at a certain price.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, that's really what they are telling teams.:picard
So what do you think he is telling teams when he says he doesn't want their draft picks because he wants Leary for depth?

What he should be saying if anything is that he hasn't received a good enough offer to take the hit to depth on the O-line. But that's not what the tweet suggests anyway.

Jiggyfly

Banned
So what do you think he is telling teams when he says he doesn't want their draft picks because he wants Leary for depth?

What he should be saying if anything is that he hasn't received a good enough offer to take the hit to depth on the O-line. But that's not what the tweet suggests anyway.
This type of talk is used by every team nobody goes out and says a guy is available unless they are going to release anyway.

You sure are giving this random utterance a lot of weight.

Genghis Khan

I don't give them that either I just have no issue with them saying what they are saying.

But I will say the difference with Leary is they know he is not coming back with other guys they seem to want them back but at a certain price.
I don't think McFadden will be back next year either.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Ex-Dallas Cowboys WR Devin Street thrilled to land with New England Patriots: 'It's just more my fit'

FOXBOROUGH — For about 1,000 NFL players, cutdown week is a miserable week.

For a fraction of those players, the disappointment is only temporary.

Former Cowboys receiver Devin Street, a new addition to the New England Patriots practice squad, hopes he falls into that category.

"Maybe (getting cut) is a blessing in disguise, because I'm at a place where I want to be," Street said Tuesday, "and I feel like they have a little want for me, too, just from working me out before."

A 6-foot-3, 200-pound receiver, Street was selected by the Cowboys in the fifth round of the 2014 NFL Draft. He played in 31 of 32 games, but recorded only nine catches for 132 yards. Street, who played his college ball at Pitt, overlapping for one year with Patriots running back Dion Lewis, said he "always wanted to come" to the Patriots.

"I wanted to come here before the draft, but it just didn't work out that way," Street said. "It's just more of my fit, I feel like. Just go about your business, hard work, a humble atmosphere even though they have had so much success."

Despite his tall frame, Street occasionally played in the slot in college. He left Pitt as the school's all-time leading receiver with 202 receptions.

"In college, that's where I made a lot of my money — inside," Street said. "I wasn't utilized in that aspect in Dallas, which is fine. Just got to do what you need to do. But I'm looking for the opportunity to be moved all around here."

After two seasons with the Cowboys, Street got the sense this summer that he would not make the 53-man roster.

"Just kind of, the culture down there," Street said. "I knew it was coming."

Although Street is not on the Patriots' 53-man roster, New England seems to be an ideal landing spot. As Bill Belichick has said, there are many ways a team can carry depth. The Pats have only four receivers on the active roster. Street is joined on the practice squad by rookie Devin Lucien.

Bigger than the rest of New England's receivers, Street would bring unique skill set if promoted to the active roster.

:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom