2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
So then, you're basically saying just Obama is "the swamp"? All the rhetoric about how today's politicians are worthless was just words because deep down we wanted to keep them all in place?

Okie dokie.
The republicans will have an extraordinary affect as to whether Trumps agenda will be inacted. Voters know that and are smart enough to retain the individuals who will constitute a majority. It just a fundamental part of the general election process. Try to help the Executive branch by placing congress in an assistive mode. Been going on for years .

Jiggyfly

Banned
Between Trump flipping so many blue states and the republicans sweeping congress, you're kidding yourself if you don't think this was a referendum on democrat policies and the failure of the past 8 years.
I don't agree with that at all Trump is against as much of the Republican policies as he is Democrats.

Free trade is republican platform as well as free market policies.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Apparently LT wants to excommunicate me out of the party. :lol
No I just want you to think about your attitude regarding someone you disagree with. Your depiction of the Trump supporters is both disrepectable and elitist in that they can only be low life's.

Jiggyfly

Banned
He used it as a wedge issue because he could. He was enabled and you have to give him credit for that.
No doubt just want the people who have crying about race baiting to feel the same about Trump.

Yet not a peep.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Deuce elitist.?

What's next KBrown is a commie:lol
You should also be offended if people think they are superior to you and look down on you with a disparaging attitude. You should understand that but you are condoning it.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Same thing the other way. Romney or McCain probably beats Sanders or Clinton by double digits.
You're exactly right. My exact comments to friends were that the loser, whether it be the left or right side, would regret not having a run of the mill candidate in the general election. Because either side would have been destroyed by "Joe Blow" Democrat/Republican in a general election.

I vote Democrat about 95% of the time. Had Paul or some other well-balanced individual been the Republican nominee, I'd have voted for that person over Clinton. Which is why I'm not all emotionally worked up over the results.

As an aside, I haven't read all the way through this thread, so it may have been posted already, but I saw that only 46.9% of a total 231 million or so eligible voters bothered to vote. Amazing.

And I bet a good portion of that 231 million are the ones whining and crying on social media. That group of people can kindly STFU. If they want to be apathetic about the electoral process, then they have no reason to complain about the elected government officials.

Just like Colin Kapernick's dumb ass. You say you're kneeling to symbolically influence change but you won't take your black ass to the poll to vote to actually effect change? He can STFU as well. He's been traded to the white delegation, Dave Chappelle style. :art

Last edited:

Jiggyfly

Banned
As much as Wiki leaks killed Clinton, she made a bunch of dumb mistakes. Had she picked a better running mate, she could have pulled some strays, for example. Running on a thin vague platform that just assumed people were happy after eight years of the same was another.
It was a culmination of everything.

She could have gotten over the email thing pretty easily if she had just stopped trying to make excuses, that shit she did with Powell was especially distasteful.

And to keep acting like Colmey pretty much said you did nothing wrong was a bridge to far, nobody was buying that, it was just a bad look.

I think the real issue was the Foundation, that was some real shady shit, I don't think they did anything illegal but they were definitely using the tease that they might pull strings to enrich themselves.

It was a sign of hubris and greed considering she was still going to run.

With that said there will be a lot of money made by Trump folks the same way.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I've come to grips with the win, but the part I'm having a hard time with is waiting for his appointments. Guiliani as Attorney General makes me laugh only to keep myself from vomiting.
Man, Deuce I had never thought of that until now.:budd

D

Deuce

No I just want you to think about your attitude regarding someone you disagree with. Your depiction of the Trump supporters is both disrepectable and elitist in that they can only be low life's.
I didn't call hillbilly's low life's. Apparently that's your impression on them. I just think they're less educated in general and specifically to this process and gravitate more towards a loudmouth who occasionally spits hate because they have a similar agenda.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I didn't call hillbilly's low life's. Apparently that's your impression on them. I just think they're less educated in general and specifically to this process and gravitate more towards a loudmouth who occasionally spits hate because they have a similar agenda.
And obviously you have hung that label as a general matter without knowing anything about them. I believe that falls under the category of prejudice but I'm sure you don't see it that way because you think your opinions justify you impressions and understanding. Fine by me but it is an elitist attitude.

Jiggyfly

Banned
You should also be offended if people think they are superior to you and look down on you with a disparaging attitude. You should understand that but you are condoning it.
This sounds like most of the board and you are usually leading the charge.:lol

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
What has the democrats done that is anything close to that?
Pretty much the same thing. Pander to whatever moves the vote. Let's not pretend one is better than the other. They are both equality disgusting. Do you think that blacks were targeted only. Who were these hippies they the Nixon campaign went after?

Maybe democrats and the KKK...are you familiar with that group and its former power born out of this party? You think that is terrible by chance?

Find a hot button issue that hits emotionally with a voting group and ride the wave. That's politics. Thinking that the D party is out for the good of everyone and the Rs are teh debil is just crazy. The game is played on both sides. It is all sleezie.

Clintons - pandered to gays and abandoned them. Pandered to the poor and went to Wall Street. These candidates don't represent us. They represent themselves. Pandered to women and locked arms with Saudi, which has policies that support female brutality.

That is a very small sampling.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Could very well be Attorney General Chris Christie.

He was a U.S. Attorney, after all.
Just the thought of Guilliani makes me sick, he was an especially kind of slimy throughout all of this.

I will say Kelly Ann Conway is the big winner in all of this.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Does anyone else read W's quotes in his voice? I can't stop myself. Bill Clinton too.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
This sounds like most of the board and you are usually leading the charge.:lol
One on one is completely different than generalizations of a large segment of people and I defy you to show me where I take that approach. I will banter individually but never disparage a group just to be snide.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Pretty much the same thing. Pander to whatever moves the vote. Let's not pretend one is better than the other. They are both equality disgusting. Do you think that blacks were targeted only. Who were these hippies they the Nixon campaign went after?

Maybe democrats and the KKK...are you familiar with that group and its former power born out of this party? You think that is terrible by chance?

Find a hot button issue that hits emotionally with a voting group and ride the wave. That's politics. Thinking that the D party is out for the good of everyone and the Rs are teh debil is just crazy. The game is played on both sides. It is all sleezie.

Clintons - pandered to gays and abandoned them. Pandered to the poor and went to Wall Street. These candidates don't represent us. They represent themselves. Pandered to women and locked arms with Saudi, which has policies that support female brutality.

That is a very small sampling.
There is a huge difference from pandering as opposed to bringing down the power of the federal government on specific groups and that leading incarceration and killing.

The war on drugs has had a generational affect that is still rippling through society today.

All for the benefit of a political party.

Please show the equivalence.

Jiggyfly

Banned
One on one is completely different than generalizations of a large segment of people and I defy you to show me where I take that approach. I will banter individually but never disparage a group just to be snide.
Individual or group it should not matter.

But once again here we go with semantics.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Looks like Clinton is going to beat Trump in the popular vote.

Just like in 2000, the will of the people flushed down the shitter of an idiotic system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom