JJT: New deals will require creativity

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Spiller, Ingram and Helu are a couple of guys I'd look at from that group, give me a guy like Tevin Coleman on top of that and I'm feeling pretty good.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Spiller, Ingram and Helu are a couple of guys I'd look at from that group, give me a guy like Tevin Coleman on top of that and I'm feeling pretty good.
Helu especially. That guy is a very good receiver.

Jiggyfly

Banned
The one thing that has to be addressed with a new RB is pass protection, Murray was a true 3 down back.

dallen

Senior Tech
The one thing that has to be addressed with a new RB is pass protection, Murray was a true 3 down back.
I understand that is the reason we didn't see more Randle. The team didn't trust him in blitz pickups

22cowboysfan22

Brand New Member
A big feh to Spiller. Dude gets injured just thinking about getting tackled.

tnt

Whoa An Active DCCer
Let Murray walk, draft another. This line makes our running back, not the other way around. Before this season, Murray was a walking wounded player. This season was a fumbler. Our front line will make most running backs look all pro. As long as they can pick up the blitz.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Feh. We've got the uber awesome talent known as Lance Dunbar.
Tragically, I am sure that is what the staff thinks.

We just didn't get him the ball enough and stuff.

Helu racked up 696 yards of total offense on 82 touches.

Dunbar had 316 yards on 47 touches.

One of these things is not like the other.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Saw this posted in another thread... apparently Garrett is a huge fan of Ingram

http://dal.scout.com/forums/1786-the-ranch/13582358-broaddus-jason-is-a-huge-fan-of-mark-ingram?s=112
We also seriously dabbled with the idea of trading up for him in the draft.

My big deal with Ingram is that he's been nicked every year.

And I know I have said this a hundred times...we need a back that functions well in a zone scheme.

The fortunate part about Ingram is that he clearly is one of those guys. He ran behind it with Saban and didn't get that until this season in New Orleans.

it is not a coincidence that he had a career year once the Saints quit trying to make him a power runner and shifted their scheme to what he does best.

Hawkeye19

Brand New Member
The article makes no mention of Garrett.
There's a tweet at the top from Broaddus:

Bryan Broaddus ‏@BryanBroaddus 21h 21 hours ago
“@whizz17: @BryanBroaddus do you see Mark Ingram as a possible cheaper replacement to Murray?” HC huge fan.

Hawkeye19

Brand New Member
We also seriously dabbled with the idea of trading up for him in the draft.

My big deal with Ingram is that he's been nicked every year.

And I know I have said this a hundred times...we need a back that functions well in a zone scheme.

The fortunate part about Ingram is that he clearly is one of those guys. He ran behind it with Saban and didn't get that until this season in New Orleans.

it is not a coincidence that he had a career year once the Saints quit trying to make him a power runner and shifted their scheme to what he does best.
Totally agree. I think he'll flourish in the scheme we run in Dallas. Just depends how much he'll command on the open market.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Ingram.

But I think he'll be close enough to Murray's price that it won't be worth it.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I'd like Ingram a lot. He's a talented back who just hasn't been used, so he has tread on his tires.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Ingram.

But I think he'll be close enough to Murray's price that it won't be worth it.
Very doubtful, teams just don't pay RB's anymore, especially not a guy who has never even cracked 1,000 yards. Hell, there's even some speculation as to whether Murray will get a mega-deal or not.

I'm very sure we could get Ingram for no more than about 4 a year.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Very doubtful, teams just don't pay RB's anymore, especially not a guy who has never even cracked 1,000 yards. Hell, there's even some speculation as to whether Murray will get a mega-deal or not.

I'm very sure we could get Ingram for no more than about 4 a year.
If Ingram is getting 4 a year then hell no.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Not an Ingram fan. He's okay, would probably do fine behind this OL, but I don't think he's anything special.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Agreed, I wouldn't offer 3 a year for him, let him come in for a prove it contract, pad his stats behind our OL and then rip off some douche (please not teh JJ)
An incentive laden deal would be a win-win for all concerned. I've been watching Ingram on NFL rewind and I've come away impressed at how quick he finds and gets to the hole. His line is far from terrible, but put him behind ours with our ZBS running game and give him 350 carries and he'll blow up.

Top Bottom