2014 College Football Chatter...

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
The Manziel Heisman House commercial was pretty funny.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I do wish I could have stuck around Texas a little longer. I wanted to check out Baylor's new stadium.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
We travel to Lubbock.

Speaking of which, looks like the Raiders are in a dog fight with Central Arkansas.
yeah. Its pretty disgusting right now.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
We travel to Lubbock.

Speaking of which, looks like the Raiders are in a dog fight with Central Arkansas.
That defense might be terrible. I expect them to settle down and pull ahead pretty easily though. Early season problems like a bunch of teams.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Sooners clearly look like the team to beat this year.

On paper FSU may be able to to match up with them. And that's a weak may be.
Are you getting that from the performance against LT?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Gurley has a ton of ability, but I wonder how his upright style will hold up in the NFL.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The same as it does for Adrian Peterson. WGAS when you have that much talent.
Good point, but he doesn't have anywhere near Peterson's natural talent.

Heck of a runner, but he's not a freak like AP was and is.

D

Deuce

Good point, but he doesn't have anywhere near Peterson's natural talent.

Heck of a runner, but he's not a freak like AP was and is.
No, he's not. But he's pretty close and I think AP proved that that running style can have a lasting career.

D

Deuce

Good job running the ball for 24 yards and getting 246 yards on the day.

UCF :laff
2nd string RB and stacking the box because a starting QB can't complete a pass will do that to you. 2nd half was a different story. 210 of those yards happened from the middle of the 3rd on after a QB change was made.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
2nd string RB and stacking the box because a starting QB can't complete a pass will do that to you. 2nd half was a different story. 210 of those yards happened from the middle of the 3rd on after a QB change was made.
In all seriousness, I was impressed with the fact that y'all were able to hold the score down that low even though Penn moved the ball well between the 20s.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Looks like it may be shootouts all year for us. That defense scares me yet again this year.

D

Deuce

In all seriousness, I was impressed with the fact that y'all were able to hold the score down that low even though Penn moved the ball well between the 20s.
GOL has always played a bend but don't break style and Hackenburg took that all day. They just waited for him to make a mistake which he did a few times. Problem is, you can't play that style when you can't give up a winning FG.

Either way, as pissed as I was earlier, knowing what we have in our QB situation makes it all worth it. There's a clear cut choice at this point and he's good enough to win games this year.

D

Deuce

Girley is taking a massive dumb on Howard's Rock.

I remember doing that in the old NCAA league. Good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom