Gameday Chatter Thread |Cowboys v. Chargers| - 8/7/14

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Demarcus Ware with his first sack. Denver vs Seattle.

Funny thing, I think I remember Ware's first sack as a Cowboy was against Seattle in preseason, too

Ridiculous that we got rid of him. We are so stupid it's epic.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Did Melton play at all?

How did Martin look?

Stars

DCC 4Life
First team o-line looked pretty good for the few plays they were out there. Weeden is a JAG at best.

Everything else looked terrible. Our defense looks historically bad again. I don't care that we were missing starters, it's obvious they are not going to be worth a damn.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
First team o-line looked pretty good for the few plays they were out there. Weeden is a JAG at best.

Everything else looked terrible. Our defense looks historically bad again. I don't care that we were missing starters, it's obvious they are not going to be worth a damn.
I watched part of the second quarter and turned it off because our backups look worse than our starters. I agree that our defense is going to be horrible again this year.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Dixon, Street, and Hitchens flashed a bit...so that was good. Dixon in particular was impressive. DL is real bad...worse than last year.

Carp

DCC 4Life
All that talk about Brent being a JAG...I'll take him with the quickness right now.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Who was #66 on the Dline? Was that Bishop? I was kind of impressed with the effort shown to run down a RB from behind downfield. Even if it did end with a horse collar tackle.

D

Deuce

Terrance Mitchell seemed to draw a lot of flags. Too bad, I was hoping he'd emerge as a steal early on, maybe he still will.
Unfortunately, that's just him. He'll make plays, but get a lot of flags. He was real grabby at Oregon and he's been grabby all camp too. I almost wish they'd move him to FS so he isn't stuck in man coverage as much.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I do think Mitchell will draw flags, but I think he is a player.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I thought maybe the DTs were confused and also lined up in a wide 9 too. The middle of the line was gaping.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Who was #66 on the Dline? Was that Bishop? I was kind of impressed with the effort shown to run down a RB from behind downfield. Even if it did end with a horse collar tackle.
Yes, it was Bishop.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I thought maybe the DTs were confused and also lined up in a wide 9 too. The middle of the line was gaping.
I don't know if the idea was to not keep gap integrity and just rush, but they looked horrific versus the run and didn't do shit to apply pressure on the QB. Very discouraging.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I don't know if the idea was to not keep gap integrity and just rush, but they looked horrific versus the run and didn't do shit to apply pressure on the QB. Very discouraging.
The DEs got up the field decently, but the push in the middle left gaping holes between the DE and DT...it was amazing horrid.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
was Ben Gardner hurt? He was the guy I was most excited to see today other than Devin Street.

A couple of these 7th rounders look pretty good, much more worthy than their 7th round selection which is good. Ahmad Dixon was one I was glad to see not look 100% lost. Terrance Mitchell had a rough game but I still have high hopes for him.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
was Ben Gardner hurt? He was the guy I was most excited to see today other than Devin Street.

A couple of these 7th rounders look pretty good, much more worthy than their 7th round selection which is good. Ahmad Dixon was one I was glad to see not look 100% lost. Terrance Mitchell had a rough game but I still have high hopes for him.
He's been out basically all of training camp.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
He's been out basically all of training camp.
gotta be honest, I haven't paid attention to anything regarding Cowboys training camp. This team is almost as boring as the Browns the past 5 seasons with all of the injuries

Top Bottom