Jerry Jones Scandalous Pics Surface

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
You've got the verb in the correct place but I think your adjectives are in the wrong order. St. Simpleton's Soup Serving Strippers has better marketability.
I guess I'd just be a different kind of billionaire then, wouldn't I?

Newt's Nymphos Nibbling Nachos is gonna be the slutty little nacho cart I put up around industrial parks.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Well obviously more times than not the players are going to go with the team who offered significantly more money than other teams. But I'm saying if the offers were similar I truly believe you're going to to choose to play in the environment that will more likely net you a ring.

If the Browns offered you a $50M contract and the Patriots offered you $48M you know damn well you'd be on the first thing smoking heading to Boston.

Because playing there offers you stability and the chance to win. You're not going to find many who will pick Cleveland in that scenario because the difference in money is not enough for having to deal with the headache that comes with all the losing and overall dysfunction.

That's the point I'm trying to make. Whether you choose to acknowledge it or not, the team/organization atmosphere is a consideration of free agent players.
Disagree.

There are a lot more things that go into it. Playing time, coaches, history, etc... So no, I don't damn well know I'd be on the first thing smoking heading to Boston.

And I never said it wouldn't be a consideration. Just that it wouldn't be the end all/be all like you're trying to make it out to be.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Yes. Because I'm sure if you had all those billions of dollars, you'd be out starting soup kitchens.

St. Simpleton. Has a nice ring to it.
I kinda get what Simp is saying. Jones is running around preaching how Garrett is the right HC because he has brought accountability and the "right kind" of guys to the team...yet ole' Jer is out running around behind his wifes back and fucking around with girls who are young enough to be his granddaughter.

He doesn't care about having the right kind of guys....he wouldn't know one if it hit him in the face. When you're more interested in selling snake oil and blowing smoke up peoples ass, you tend to get caught saying the wrong things and being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I kinda get what Simp is saying. Jones is running around preaching how Garrett is the right HC because he has brought accountability and the "right kind" of guys to the team...yet ole' Jer is out running around behind his wifes back and fucking around with girls who are young enough to be his granddaughter.

He doesn't care about having the right kind of guys....he wouldn't know one if it hit him in the face. When you're more interested in selling snake oil and blowing smoke up peoples ass, you tend to get caught saying the wrong things and being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Are you insinuating that Jerry has been winging it since he bought the team?

:skurred

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

Oh. Well then, that brings me back full circle in this thread.

http://dccforums.com/showthread.php?3225-Jerry-Jones-Scandalous-Pics-Surface&p=119920&viewfull=1#post119920

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I wish Rant was here to see this.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I just think sooner or later his antics are going to impact the types of players that we're able to pick up in FA. Yeah we all like to pretend that players will go to the highest bidder but believe it or not, the football environment and the chance to win is actually important to a lot of players. So they'll take a little less in order to play in a sane environment.

If I'm a big time free agent hitting the market next year and I look at Dallas' personnel decisions, the coaches, and factor in Jerry's antics, I'm literally doing this......
Owner A is professional. Treats his players with respect. Allows his coaches and GM full autonomy to do their job. Is a respected member of the community. Represents himself and the league well. And football is the first priority.

Owner B is fun-loving. Treats his players with respect. Micromanages his coaches and the staff. Is the butt of many jokes. Is often caught in compromising positions. Entertainment is the priority.

If I'm a free agent who's worth a damn I'm going with Owner A 10 times out of 10.
Disagree.

There are a lot more things that go into it. Playing time, coaches, history, etc... So no, I don't damn well know I'd be on the first thing smoking heading to Boston.

And I never said it wouldn't be a consideration. Just that it wouldn't be the end all/be all like you're trying to make it out to be.
So basically you agree with me but since you have a little Schmitty in you you feel the need to argue against points that I made even though you agree with them.

I never said the owner/GM's actions would be the "end all be all". I've always maintained that the environment that the owner/GM creates would be a consideration for players.

And yes....you would damn well be on the first thing smoking to Boston, amigo.

1bigfan13

Staff member
You can't fleece Owner A for a 50 million dollar deal...
That's true.

My examples will only work if the money is close.

If JJ Watt were to miraculously shake loose from Houston and Dallas offered him $160M and New England offered him $110M, Watt's a Cowboy.

You're not going to find many people who will leave that kind of money on the table. Even if it means signing up for 7 years of fail and frustration. That extra $50M will definitely help you cope.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
So basically you agree with me but since you have a little Schmitty in you you feel the need to argue against points that I made even though you agree with them.

I never said the owner/GM's actions would be the "end all be all". I've always maintained that the environment that the owner/GM creates would be a consideration for players.

Wrong. You started out all grrr Jerry, nobody would sign here. That's what I was disagreeing with to begin with.

And you don't have one single clue about what I would or wouldn't do. Amigo.

As for "having a little schmitty in you"... gross. But you are no different, considering you think you know what others would do.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Wrong. You started out all grrr Jerry, nobody would sign here. That's what I was disagreeing with to begin with.

And you don't have one single clue about what I would or wouldn't do. Amigo.

As for "having a little schmitty in you"... gross. But you are no different, considering you think you know what others would do.
You have a great imagination. You should write a book.

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
Jerry's gotta be into something we can use to throw him out.

Like denying the holocaust or being in favor of female circumcision

1bigfan13

Staff member
Jerry's gotta be into something we can use to throw him out.

Like denying the holocaust or being in favor of female circumcision
It may take a lot more than that.

Didn't Irsay drive impaired with tons of money and enough prescription meds on him that they considered charging him with trafficking?

He did all that and nothing's been done yet.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

:lol

:unsure

BipolarFuk

Demoted
If his wife had any self esteem whatsoever she'd be loading up on high priced divorce attorneys.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
:lol

Top Bottom