2016 Random NFL Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
And ultimately, he tells his agent what to do.
Sure but it's not rocket science. The agent explains to him how he would make more money by asking for a trade right after the draft. Or even during the draft saying he doesn't want to play in San Diego. Do you think that Bosa would say no to that?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Sure but it's not rocket science. The agent explains to him how he would make more money by asking for a trade right after the draft. Or even during the draft saying he doesn't want to play in San Diego. Do you think that Bosa would say no to that?
I have no idea.

dallen

Senior Tech
So glad SD took him. After Zeke I was torn between Buckner and Bosa. Although if we hadn't taken Zeke I think it would've been Ramsey. But anyways, so glad we aren't dealing with Bosa.
If it were another team besides San Diego I might believe it is the player or his agent, but they have a history of this sort of thing

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
If it were another team besides San Diego I might believe it is the player or his agent, but they have a history of this sort of thing
I know. But reading what SD supposedly offered it sounded more than fair. I think it's a little of both SD and Bosa. But more than likely he'd probably have been signed if he were drafted by anyone else.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
They should. It's basically breech of contract. Maybe if these morons start losing more of their guaranteed contract, they will smarten up. Make your millions, then smoke as much as you want afterwards.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Browns have traded Barkevious Mingo to the Patriots.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Yikes

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/08/25/blanket-coverage-dallas-cowboys-dak-prescott-tony-romo

Settle down

Aguay-o: Buccaneers kicker Roberto Aguayo, a surprise pick in the second round as an underclassman by general manager Jason Licht, has gotten off to a terrible start with a missed extra point in his first exhibition, two missed field goals in the second, and a practice so bad this week that fans heckled him. Aguayo, who had a stellar career at Florida State, is obviously going through a mental slump. While everybody’s having fun piling on Aguayo and Licht, and there is the possibility that he never recovers (a la former Dodgers second baseman Steve Sax), the odds are Aguayo pulls himself out of this at some point. Like losing streaks, all it takes is one good game, or kick in this instance, and Aguayo can get back on track. But, boy, Licht has to be nervous.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I'm not so sure Aguayo was that good in college either.

Even if he turns out pretty good it was a retarded pick.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm not so sure Aguayo was that good in college either.

Even if he turns out pretty good it was a retarded pick.
Kickers are weird. One day they can be great and the next they go in a funk and never recover. I would never draft one before the sixth or seventh round. Too unpredictable for a position that ranks low on importance.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
At least they will get to see their second round pick play this year. :unsure

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
This was partially in place with salaries forfeited for each game missed.

They could already force refunds of "guaranteed" bonus money for unexpected retirements.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Whotta homo.

Cotton

Staff member
Colts signed Stevan Ridley.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Patriots part ways with 'Pot Roast' Terrance Knighton

By Conor Orr
Around The NFL Writer
Published: Aug. 29, 2016 at 09:11 a.m. Updated: Aug. 29, 2016 at 09:26 a.m.
Pot Roast will not be served in New England this season.

The Patriots parted ways with the veteran nose tackle on Monday, according to Terrance Knighton himself. The 30-year-old tweeted the news amid a hectic morning for veterans. Teams need to cut down from 90 players to 75 by the close of business on Tuesday at 4 p.m.

Knighton saw this one coming after he didn't play a single snap against the Panthers this past week in the team's third preseason game.

"You're always concerned when you're not playing," he said, via ESPN.com. "I prepared myself to play, the coaches made the decisions on who they wanted to play, and I'm not going to ask any questions or make any excuses or look for any explanation. I'm just going to get dressed, get back on the plane and see what happens."

This is the second time in as many years the Patriots signed a big-named veteran, paid him some real money and watched him walk away (Reggie Wayne in 2015). Knighton already made about $650,000, according to various reports. He'll earn more than that when he is snapped up over the next two weeks.

Knighton seemed to be an obvious Vince Wilfork stand-in. With few true nose tackles in the NFL operating with such success, Knighton had his pick of a few teams this offseason and ended up choosing the Patriots over his former team, the Washington Redskins. The Patriots also tried out former first-round pick Nick Fairley before watching him sign with the Saints.

Knighton logged 1.5 sacks over his only season in Washington last year.

Cotton

Staff member
Bosa signed. Drama over.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Bosa signed. Drama over.
Not quite. Mom is still talking.

How embarrassing is that? She isn't doing anything but making it harder on Joey.

Cotton

Staff member
Not quite. Mom is still talking.

How embarrassing is that? She isn't doing anything but making it harder on Joey.
I must have missed that. What is she saying?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom