2016 Mock Drafts

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't know... I like Wentz a lot, but giving up #4 for #7, #68 a first in 2017 and a 2nd in 2018 would be hard to pass up...
:lol Well that would be a pretty good haul and rape in a trade. I'm just not sure how good it will make me feel after Romo breaks his collarbone and retires midseason. And we are left hoping Deshaun Watson is a legitimate NFL QB. (Which by the way I think when it is all said and done Watson is nowhere close to the top 5 of the draft. Just too short and small to go that high. People thought Tajh Boyd would go a lot higher at one point too).

Last edited:

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
:lol Well that would be a pretty good haul and rape in a trade. I'm just not sure how good it will make me feel after Romo breaks his collarbone and retires midseason. And we are left hoping Deshaun Watson is a legitimate NFL QB.
A definite possibility.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
:lol Well that would be a pretty good haul and rape in a trade. I'm just not sure how good it will make me feel after Romo breaks his collarbone and retires midseason. And we are left hoping Deshaun Watson is a legitimate NFL QB. (Which by the way I think when it is all said and done Watson is nowhere close to the top 5 of the draft. Just too short and small to go that high. People thought Tajh Boyd would go a lot higher at one point too).
Yeah, come next April I doubt Watson is a top 10 pick.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I don't know... I like Wentz a lot, but giving up #4 for #7, #68 a first in 2017 and a 2nd in 2018 would be hard to pass up...
And those picks won't do you a damn bit of good if you have the likes of Quincy Carter and Chad Hutchinson competing to be your starting QB.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Well that would be the least I would take if I'm trading away my franchise QB, like in everything you can't just say you hate it without knowing the whole story.
Would my first choice be to draft Wentz? Absolutly! Would I be open to a trade? Always. The RGIII trade was from #2 to #6 and they got #39 plus the next two 1sts, are you telling me my "#68 a first in 2017 and a 2nd in 2018" is far fetched compared to that? Who do you think got the best of that trade?

There isn't a single player in the NFL that is not tradeable, not even Brady after his 2nd SB, it just comes down to compensation.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The RGIII trade was from #2 to #6 and they got #39 plus the next two 1sts, are you telling me my "#68 a first in 2017 and a 2nd in 2018" is far fetched compared to that? Who do you think got the best of that trade?
From 2 to 6 is a lot different then 4 to 7. But I understand from a practical perspective you're talking about a team sitting at 6 or 7 moving up to get their "franchise" QB. I think the Rams did extremely well in that trade. But I've never been a big RGIII fan. If Dallas was sitting at 4 in this draft and I thought Wentz was the same thing as RGIII I'd be begging to trade out. But I like Wentz more. Not all that different then if Mariota from last year was there (Just a QB I wasn't very high on) I would trade down with a team wanting him.

I just happen to think Wentz and Goff are legit franchise guys.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
From 2 to 6 is a lot different then 4 to 7. But I understand from a practical perspective you're talking about a team sitting at 6 or 7 moving up to get their "franchise" QB. I think the Rams did extremely well in that trade. But I've never been a big RGIII fan. If Dallas was sitting at 4 in this draft and I thought Wentz was the same thing as RGIII I'd be begging to trade out. But I like Wentz more. Not all that different then if Mariota from last year was there (Just a QB I wasn't very high on) I would trade down with a team wanting him.

I just happen to think Wentz and Goff are legit franchise guys.
You think it, I think it, why shouldn't another team think it? The question is what would it take for you to trade out of that spot?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You think it, I think it, why shouldn't another team think it? The question is what would it take for you to trade out of that spot?
More then someone is willing to pay probably. But I guess something not all that different then the Titans just got. That's my cost for giving up a franchise QB and hoping I have another shot down the road at one.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
And we are left hoping Deshaun Watson is a legitimate NFL QB. (Which by the way I think when it is all said and done Watson is nowhere close to the top 5 of the draft. Just too short and small to go that high
I thought you didn't buy into this. He's 6' 2", which is fine for a QB. Are you saying he's too light? :)

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I thought you didn't buy into this. He's 6' 2", which is fine for a QB. Are you saying he's too light? :)
He is losted at 6'2" which means he will actually measure in at closer to 6'1" if not shorter. Guys are almost never listed at their actual height.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Brugler's latest:

1 (4) – Jalen Ramsey, CB, Florida State
2 (34) – Kevin Dodd, DE, Clemson
3 (67) – Dak Prescott, QB, Mississippi State
4 (101) – Rashard Higgins, WR, Colorado State
4 (135) – Jonathan Williams, RB, Arkansas
6 (189) – Joe Thuney, OG/OC, N.C. State
6 (212) – David Perkins, DE, Illinois State
6 (216) – Cory James, LB, Colorado State
6 (217) – Greg Milhouse, DT, Campbell

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Brugler's latest:

I like Dodd and the rest can GTFO.

Hell even Dodd I'm just so so on. I think I'd rather draft a DT who falls then Dodd. I don't think Dodd is the short term answer at RE and honestly I don't think he is the long term answer over Gregory either (Assuming Gregory stops smoking).

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Even if we draft Wentz, we still have to pray that Romo holds it together for 3 more years.

There is no way a QB from Bum Fucked Dakota St will be ready before then.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Brugler's latest:

Dodd at 34 would be great, I'd also like the Williams pick in the 4th and the Milhouse pick at the end of the 6th.

Other than that it ranges from meh (Ramsey at 4) to horrific (Prescott in the 3rd).

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Cavanaugh’s Mock Draft 3.0, Picks 1-34
April 19, 2016 7:25 AM By Jeff Cavanaugh

With all of the recent developments and changes in the NFL Draft pick order, The Fan’s Jeff Cavanaugh has submitted his latest mock draft picks – Version 3.0. (Click here to see KT’s latest mock draft.)

1 . LA Rams – Jared Goff (QB) California: He’s the best QB in this draft. I can’t see them going any other direction.

2. Cleveland Browns – Jalen Ramsey (DB) Florida State: I’m starting to believe the Browns lost their guy when LA traded up. My gut is they won’t take Carson Wentz. They may try and trade out of this spot.

3. San Diego Chargers – Laremy Tunsil (OT) Ole Miss: He’s a franchise LT that you can plug and play.

4. Dallas Cowboys – Ezekiel Elliott (RB) Ohio State: Carson Wentz could be a consideration here, as could Paxton Lynch. I’m not 100% sold on either one. I think Dallas will take calls for this pick. Maybe someone wants to come up for a QB. Joey Bosa a consideration as well.

5. Jacksonville Jaguars – Joey Bosa (EDGE) Ohio State: Adding Bosa in with Malik Jackson and Dante Fowler makes the Jaguars front pretty formidable.

6. Baltimore Ravens – Ronnie Stanley (OT) Notre Dame: Another plug and play guy at LT. Pass protection is so easy and natural to him. Would like to see him get stronger as a run blocker.

7. San Francisco 49ers – Carson Wentz (QB) North Dakota St: Doesn’t look like Chip loves Kaep, and Blaine Gabbert……probably not the guy.

8. Philadelphia Eagles – Vernon Hargreaves III (CB) Florida: Philly was awful at defending the pass last year. VH3 can help.

9. Tampa Bay Bucs – Shaq Lawson (DE) Clemson: Everyone is mocking a CB to them, in this scenario the best one is gone and they need help rushing the passer.

10. New York Giants – Noah Spence (DE) Eastern Kentucky: Getting the best pass rusher in the draft with the 10th pick isn’t too bad.

11. Chicago Bears – Deforest Buckner (DE) Oregon: If you run a 3-4 and have a shot at Buckner this far down the board, pretty easy pick.

12. New Orleans Saints – LaQuon Treadwell (WR) Ole Miss: Mr. Brees will appreciate the pick.

13. Miami Dolphins – Darron Lee (LB) Ohio State: Speed, speed, speed. Lee is a guy that can fly around and make tackles and has the athleticism to be a solid coverage guy.

14. Oakland Raiders – Reggie Ragland (LB) Alabama: Plug him in the middle of the field and don’t worry about that spot for a decade.

15. Tennessee Titans – Jack Conklin (OT) Michigan State: Conklin seems like a natural guy to move over to the right side to help protectMarcus Mariota.

16. Detroit Lions – Taylor Decker (OT) Ohio State: They couldn’t protect Stafford last year. Decker can step in and start.

17. Atlanta Falcons – Josh Doctson (WR) TCU: The idea of facing single coverage is really fun for the best bad ball catcher in the draft.

18. Indianapolis Colts – Ryan Kelly (C )Alabama: Dear Ryan Grigson: Pick an offensive lineman.

19. Buffalo Bills – Sheldon Rankins (DL) Louisville: Rankin can play multiple spots along that front and help Marcell Dareus make like hard on everyone playing offense against them.

20. New York Jets – Paxton Lynch (QB) Memphis: They don’t know what they’re doing at QB. Lynch can watch some random veteran play for a year and then take the reins.

21. Washington Redskins – Mackensie Alexander (CB) Clemson: Breeland was a good player at CB for them last year. That was about it.

22. Houston Texans – Corey Coleman (WR) Baylor: Big plays matter in the NFL. Having two guys that can make them at the WR spot? Sure. Throw it as far as you can Brock.

23. Minnesota Vikings – Michael Thomas (WR) Ohio State: Get Teddy a guy that can play outside and win with route running ability.

24. Cincinnati Bengals – Andrew Billings (DT) Baylor: Billings next to Geno Atkins? Yikes.

25. Pittsburgh Steelers – William Jackson III (CB) Houston: I’ve heard that they love him. Big corner with great ability when the ball is in the air.

26. Seattle Seahawks – Jason Spriggs (OT) Indiana: I made this pick because well, Seattle doesn’t really have anyone to play OL at this point.

27. Green Bay Packers – Jarron Reed (DT) Alabama: BJ Raji out, new refrigerator in. Reed is hard to move and the motor never stops.

28. Kansas City Chiefs – Karl Joseph (S) West Virginia: Joseph has all the talent in the world. If he can play a little more under control the sky is the limit. Misses too many tackles going 200 MPH.

29. Arizona Cardinals – Eli Apple (CB) Ohio State: Cardinals need to find someone reliable to play opposite Patrick Peterson.

30. Carolina Panthers – Will Fuller (WR) Notre Dame: Something about Kelvin Benjamin, Will Fuller and Ted Ginn sounds fun to me.

31. Denver Broncos – Cody Whitehair (OL) Kansas State: Their guard play wasn’t good last year. Whitehair’s the best one in this draft to me.

32. Cleveland Browns – Sterling Shepard (WR) Oklahoma: I wanted to make him last 2 more picks, but Cleveland needs guys to throw to and he’s sitting here.

33. Tennessee Titans – Kendall Fuller (CB) Virginia Tech: Got good news at the medical rechecks. Versatile secondary guy.

34. Dallas Cowboys – Myles Jack (DB/LB/RB) UCLA: Hey a guy can dream right? When that dream doesn’t come true, I’d look at names like Kevin Dodd (Clemson DE) and Jonathan Bullard (Florida DE).

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dodd at 34 would be great, I'd also like the Williams pick in the 4th and the Milhouse pick at the end of the 6th.

Other than that it ranges from meh (Ramsey at 4) to horrific (Prescott in the 3rd).
I think there will be much better RB options in the fourth then Jonathan Williams. Just too high for him in my opinion.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cavanaugh’s Mock Draft 3.0, Picks 1-34
April 19, 2016 7:25 AM By Jeff Cavanaugh

With all of the recent developments and changes in the NFL Draft pick order, The Fan’s Jeff Cavanaugh has submitted his latest mock draft picks – Version 3.0. (Click here to see KT’s latest mock draft.)

1 . LA Rams – Jared Goff (QB) California: He’s the best QB in this draft. I can’t see them going any other direction.

2. Cleveland Browns – Jalen Ramsey (DB) Florida State: I’m starting to believe the Browns lost their guy when LA traded up. My gut is they won’t take Carson Wentz. They may try and trade out of this spot.

3. San Diego Chargers – Laremy Tunsil (OT) Ole Miss: He’s a franchise LT that you can plug and play.

4. Dallas Cowboys – Ezekiel Elliott (RB) Ohio State: Carson Wentz could be a consideration here, as could Paxton Lynch. I’m not 100% sold on either one. I think Dallas will take calls for this pick. Maybe someone wants to come up for a QB. Joey Bosa a consideration as well.
This is just dumb. The odds of Wentz making it to the fourth pick are basically slim to none. The odds of him making it past the fourth pick all the way to the seventh are just down right stupid. Why people waste their time writing a mock this bad is beyond me.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Cavanaugh has had a hard on for Jack for a while. Not surprising.

Top Bottom