Official Manziel To Dallas? Griffin To Dallas? Thread

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I'm just gonna point out that Lee has been QB coach of the Bills, then Jets, and then Bills again from 2012 onwards.

Don't think he did much for Geno Smith or the other shitpiles those teams have had at QB either.
Tyrod Taylor, #7 in passer rating. 99.4. Turn an afterthought backup into the #3 QB in the conference by performance, and probably a pro bowl alternate? Yeah, that's doing something.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

dallen

Senior Tech
Report: Johnny Manziel drunk at Cleveland Browns practice

Johnny Football just can’t seem to keep himself on straight and narrow.

After missing more important meetings and concussion evaluations, being seen in Las Vegas in a disguise and having a drama-filled season overall, it seems that Manziel has added another black mark to his NFL resume.

According to New York Daily News, Manziel showed up to Browns practice “disheveled and inebriated” last week.

It’s no surprise the Browns are planning to release him. Maybe it’s all a part of his plan since he reportedly wants to play for the Cowboys whose QB Tony Romo has suffered a number of injuries over the years.

The biggest question now is: Who is willing to take the risk on Johnny Football?

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/report-johnny-manziel-drunk-cleveland-browns-practice/

-----------

Sounds like a winner

Jiggyfly

Banned
Report: Johnny Manziel drunk at Cleveland Browns practice

Johnny Football just can’t seem to keep himself on straight and narrow.

After missing more important meetings and concussion evaluations, being seen in Las Vegas in a disguise and having a drama-filled season overall, it seems that Manziel has added another black mark to his NFL resume.

According to New York Daily News, Manziel showed up to Browns practice “disheveled and inebriated” last week.

It’s no surprise the Browns are planning to release him. Maybe it’s all a part of his plan since he reportedly wants to play for the Cowboys whose QB Tony Romo has suffered a number of injuries over the years.

The biggest question now is: Who is willing to take the risk on Johnny Football?

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/report-johnny-manziel-drunk-cleveland-browns-practice/

-----------

Sounds like a winner
It also sounds like people are making shit up.

I can't believe this is just getting out now after all the stuff that came out this weekend.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

I can't believe this is just getting out now after all the stuff that came out this weekend.
It's kind of curious that there's no picture of him in Vegas. It's not like he's camera shy

dallen

Senior Tech

Jerry is probably leaking it to drive the price down

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Tyrod Taylor, #7 in passer rating. 99.4. Turn an afterthought backup into the #3 QB in the conference by performance, and probably a pro bowl alternate? Yeah, that's doing something.
That is fair enough but the guys who haven't developed under him as higher draft picks is pretty glaring -- Geno Smith and EJ Manuel to name two.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
While getting caught up in all the Manziel drama, going forgotten here is that RG3 is just as likely if not more likely IMO.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'd far far far rather have Griffin.
Not me. I know Griffin can't play outside of a gimmick offense designed for him. Off the field crap aside, I cannot say the same yet about Manziel.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
That is fair enough but the guys who haven't developed under him as higher draft picks is pretty glaring -- Geno Smith and EJ Manuel to name two.
Sometimes QBs are legitimately not suited to the NFL. I thought both of those guys were horrible draft picks and so did a lot of other people. Geno especially is a weak minded born loser, that's why he fell in the draft until the Jets fell for the temptation of the perceived "value". Conversely, I don't think anyone had Manuel as a first rounder besides Buffalo when they reached for him.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
Ugh, I'm really beginning to truly hate this team. More importantly Jerry, which I didn't think it was possible. The fact that our jackass owner seems perfectly content with keeping Kellen fucking Moore as our backup and bringing in Johnny the retarded jackass Manziel when we have a top 4 pick after suffering our worst season since 1989 largely due to losing our QB and idiotic coaching (which also won't be addressed) is just plain sickening.

It's very clear that our stupid owner doesn't give a flying fuck about actually winning and only seems to care about putting just enough on the field to keep our retard fans coming into Jerruh World.

It's just evident that this team will never win anything until the stain of his family no longer has anything to do with this team.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Not me. I know Griffin can't play outside of a gimmick offense designed for him. Off the field crap aside, I cannot say the same yet about Manziel.
I don't think manziel can play. Griffin at least has tools you can work with. And I have far more confidence that Griffin would put in some work to try and get better.

I'd rather take Goff or wentzel if it's me. But between the two knuckleheads, keep manziel far far away, please.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Griffin has to be released by like March 10 or his contract becomes fully guaranteed so I'll be shocked if he's not a free agent by then. What team would trade for him to keep him and guarantee his contract? And why would the Skins keep him on that contract? He will be free to all bidders come March, and he's from Texas. If Jerry wants Jerry will get.

Same logic applies to Manziel but it's less clear if he will outright be cut before the draft or whether the Browns will try to get something for him.

Bigger issue is that I want a top rated rookie QB. Taking a long shot retread in RG3 or Manziel, and drafting a longshot developmental QB in the third or fourth, is not as sure a bet as taking a high pedigree guy in the top 5.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I don't think manziel can play. Griffin at least has tools you can work with. And I have far more confidence that Griffin would put in some work to try and get better.

I'd rather take Goff or wentzel if it's me. But between the two knuckleheads, keep manziel far far away, please.
What tools does Griffin have? His mobility is gone. He can't function in the pocket. He can't read a defense. You are picking the tallest midget between these two. One might be an inch taller if you are splitting hairs.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member

I'd much rather take Goff as well. The fact that we're even considering bringing in Manziel is ridiculous.

It's déjà vu all over again with how we handled the RB position last year.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I think Manziel is much more coachable than Griffen and is much more of a team guy.

I also think Manziel would be more ok with being a backup for a couple of years.

Top Bottom