Archer: Cowboys position breakdown - RBs

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is where I disagree most. He has this burst in his step for like five minutes after which it's like I'm watching Troy Hambrick circa 2003 where the guy gets insta-tackled.

Lacking both speed (4.63 compared with Murray's 4.41) and power, Randle takes exactly what the OL blocks for him and little to no more. His underwear theft makes me seriously doubt the kid's smarts and common sense.

Randle on paper is a perfect backup in a zone-blocking scheme. He's a decisive, one-cut runner with Murray's exact size. But in practice he doesn't meet the eye-test, no matter what the stats (largely thanks to that huge run vs. Washington) say.
So he is slow, but he breaks off long runs...

Makes perfect sense. Move past the 40 times already. With pads on the guy has speed.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Makes perfect sense. Move past the 40 times already. With pads on the guy has speed.
He is also a dumb shit who won't pay for cologne and underwear. I won't speak for you, but I am not trusting that player touching the ball 25 times a game.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
He is also a dumb shit who won't pay for cologne and underwear. I won't speak for you, but I am not trusting that player touching the ball 25 times a game.
Why, you think he'll steal it?

Carp

DCC 4Life
Pretty positive words from Murray:

Cowboys running back DeMarco Murray was on The Dan Patrick Show on Thursday talking about his thought process heading into free agency. Murray obviously said all the right things about wanting to return to Dallas, and hoping the team can sign him and Dez Bryant, who will also be a free agent, to long-term contracts.

However, Murray was also very forthcoming about the notion of playing for another NFL team.

“Yeah. I understand the business aspect of it,” he said, per The Dallas Morning News. “There's no hard feelings if we can't reach a deal together. But hopefully we can and we'll see what happens.”

Murray, who rushed for a career-best 1,845 yards in 2014, will likely sign the most-lucrative contract of his career this offseason. But he added money won't be the only factor in who he signs with.

“I don't think about [the one big contract], I'm thinking about winning a Super Bowl,” Murray said. “What's best for me to win a Super Bowl and win one now. At the end of the day, the money is irrelevant to some degree. But you definitely want to get what you're worth and things like that.

“At the end of the day it's about winning a Super Bowl.”

ravidubey

DCC 4Life

When he's broken long runs the blocking has been very good. Randle could have driven a truck through that hole against a broken Washington team.

Most backs can break long runs in that situation, but few can do so when the blocking isn't there. Randle never will.

Jiggyfly

Banned
When he's broken long runs the blocking has been very good. Randle could have driven a truck through that hole against a broken Washington team.

Most backs can break long runs in that situation, but few can do so when the blocking isn't there. Randle never will.
What about his runs against the Giants and Jacksonville?

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Whats the basis for that belief?
I think he has the potential to be a better primary back than Randle based on how I saw him run in the preseason. It is only an opinion, but he hit holes just as fast and didn't go down as easily when hit. I think that he, like Murray would be the type that get at least 2-3 on most carries while breaking off a good run every so often. He didn't seem like the type that would go down immediately when hit at or behind the line like Randle did a lot/

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
CRock, seriously, you're calling the grazing of his left arm a broken tackle?

Then the chasers in the secondary started over ten yards to either side of him. No matter how fast they are they can't catch him when he has that kind of lead, but they end the play nearly touching him, despite that he runs a straight line.

The entire middle of the field was left wide open as the defenders are on the line and the blocking blows them all up, like I said.

And on top of everything this is a fresh player late in the game vs. a broken defense on a team 20 points behind at home.

What about his runs against the Giants and Jacksonville?
I don't recall the run vs NY, but vs. JAX it was almost the same play as Washington. Randle breaks a 40 yard TD late in the game against a team that is down 24-7 and he is touched for the first time at the 10 yard line.

Randle's finest play all year was his 1st quarter 38-yard run against the Seahawks, and unfortunately he disappeared the rest of the game.

Top Bottom