Per NFL news....Romo to IR

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
no way. it's even more incentive to retain garrett. everything is uncertain. why make it more uncertain by switching coaches?
Sadly, I think you are pretty much dead on here.

Jones might say he's not worried about Romo, but I highly doubt he's going to upset the entire offensive structure when chances are pretty good Romo will miss almost all the offseason work.

Continuity.

asklesko

Whoa An Active DCCer
Sadly, I think you are pretty much dead on here.

Jones might say he's not worried about Romo, but I highly doubt he's going to upset the entire offensive structure when chances are pretty good Romo will miss almost all the offseason work.

Continuity.
yeah, jerry wouldn't dare make a move now.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Jerry Jones anticipates Tony Romo being back by OTAs, says Dallas Cowboys will not spend high-round draft pick on a QB

By Jon Machota

Minutes after Dallas Cowboys head coach Jason Garrett revealed that Tony Romo had back surgery Friday morning, Jerry Jones was already discussing the quarterback’s future.

“My expectation is that one of the pluses for having had it done as early as this morning is that it would really contribute to him being able to get right there when it comes time for the team to be in OTAs and do the preparation, the beginning of the preparation for next year,” Jones said on 105.3 The Fan [KRLD-FM]. “The OTAs are what we call the equivalent of our spring practice. So we would anticipate him being right on time there and expect it and we’ll see how it goes.”

The Cowboys owner and general manager also said that a 33-year-old Romo having a second back surgery in the last eight months will not force him to spend an early-round draft pick on a quarterback in May.

“You’d like to every spring pick up a quarterback,” Jones said. “I think the real issue and maybe your question would be, ‘would you seriously consider using a significant draft pick for a quarterback?’ That’s early. That’s way too early to do that with the way things are today with my expectation of Tony’s career, which I think will be for several years to come, it’s too early to be drafting a highly ranked or if you will costly quarterback.”

The Cowboys have not drafted a quarterback since using a fourth-round pick on Stephen McGee in 2009.

-------------------------------------

Yeah Jethro, lets not hint at planning for the future at the most critical position on offense. That would be foolish.

:flip

Last edited:

GShock

DCC 4Life
So, that got fixed, yes?

Top Bottom