2016 Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I saw pretty much every game Woodson played in a Cowboys uniform. And a shit load of Ronnie Lott's games, too. And as great as Woodson was, I agree that Lott was better. They're not nearly as far apart as the HOF voting guys would have people believe, but Lott is the GOAT.

I would say there is a legitimate argument that Woodson is better than Lynch and Dawkins. While those guys were dominant in certain areas I feel that overall, Woodson was just better.
Listen to this man.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I agree Woodson was better than Lynch.

Dawkins took over games from the safety position on teams that had average front sevens. Dawkins was better at creating turnovers and blitzing. We would like to think that Woody could have done those things but frankly he didn't-- it doesn't matter why he didn't.

My only point is there are several things that distract from and dilute the perception of Woodson from the perspective of a HOF committee voter.

#1 being the lack of ROH

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Listen to this man's advice to listen to me.
Not sure if I should take your advice.

Will wait for Rev to chime in.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Random thought - Demarcus Ware seems to be an easily forgotten Cowboy
He has numbers, and his time in Denver gives him a shot at the HOF.

My pet peeve with him was how he would flash dominance, get his sacks, then fade into the background.

Until that awesome game vs New Orleans in 2009, I never got the feeling wins mattered to him more than stats. And I'm a fan, Hell, Ware's is my only authentic Cowboys jersey from the past 20 years.

He just came to us at the wrong time. If only the guys he and Ratliff came in with-- Spears, Canty, Burnett-- were better.

From Cabo to our gutless D, I think soft Wade being in charge did a lot of damage to every great player from the mid to late 2000's

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have total faith his health will be fine (assuming he isn't just injury prone). I just hope that he turns into everything that was advertised in college. Reminded me a ton of Derrick Johnson from the way he played.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I have total faith his health will be fine (assuming he isn't just injury prone). I just hope that he turns into everything that was advertised in college. Reminded me a ton of Derrick Johnson from the way he played.
He's better than Johnson.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I agree Woodson was better than Lynch.

Dawkins took over games from the safety position on teams that had average front sevens. Dawkins was better at creating turnovers and blitzing. We would like to think that Woody could have done those things but frankly he didn't-- it doesn't matter why he didn't.

My only point is there are several things that distract from and dilute the perception of Woodson from the perspective of a HOF committee voter.

#1 being the lack of ROH
He is in the ROH.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He's better than Johnson.
God I hope so. In college he looked like he could cover like a DB but never seemed to miss a tackle either. Maybe a little soft in that he wasn't a punishing hitter and wasn't plowing guys over but who cares. He has the potential to be a truly elite difference maker on our defense. I hope he lives up to that level of play. Even if he falls short he should still be a speed and talent upgrade.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
God I hope so. In college he looked like he could cover like a DB but never seemed to miss a tackle either. Maybe a little soft in that he wasn't a punishing hitter and wasn't plowing guys over but who cares. He has the potential to be a truly elite difference maker on our defense. I hope he lives up to that level of play. Even if he falls short he should still be a speed and talent upgrade.
he's been rated as one of the best linebackers to come out in the past 10-15 years, a truly special talent. Todd Archer is talking about him being optimistic for 2017 all over twitter. I'm remaining patient but this could be potentially great

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
he's been rated as one of the best linebackers to come out in the past 10-15 years, a truly special talent. Todd Archer is talking about him being optimistic for 2017 all over twitter. I'm remaining patient but this could be potentially great
His athletic ability is off the charts. The guy will be capable of covering any RB in the flat with his speed. He is basically everything you want in this defense.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Just heard on NFL radio that apparently Smith told Todd Archer that he was recently timed running a 4.5 40.

Holy shit that's fast. Not even taking into consideration his knee injury and nerve issues.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Just heard on NFL radio that apparently Smith told Todd Archer that he was recently timed running a 4.5 40.

Holy shit that's fast. Not even taking into consideration his knee injury and nerve issues.
He also showed pass blitz ability at Notre Dame.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
That is a very optimistic sign with Smith.

If he can come back at full strength, and we add a top D-lineman and safety, this defense could end up being pretty good next year.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Tony Romo is sick and not at Cowboys' practice Thursday, but DeMarcus Lawrence (back), Tyrone Crawford (shoulder) and Cedric Thornton (ankle) are in full pads. Tyron Smith (knee, back) and Terrell McClain (ankle) are going through resistance training off to the side. Morris Claiborne (groin) is taking part in early drills but there is no sign of La'el Collins (toe).

ravidubey

DCC 4Life

fapping sounds

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

That is pretty crazy. I wonder how fast he will run once he is 100%. He looked like a legit 4.4 kind of guy on tape which is excellent for a LBer who diagnosis plays as quickly as him.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
When was this though?

Last report I saw a month or so ago was he was still wearing a strap to keep his foot from dropping.

But damn he looks good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom