The Great Police Work Thread

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
The family autopsy found that Brown was shot at least six times, including two shots to his head. Three of the bullets may have re-entered his body, causing additional damage, Baden said.

One wound to his arm was consistent with a witness statement that Brown was walking away and appeared to jerk, as if shot, Parcells said. The wounds to his arm could have also have occurred while he had his hands up, possibly in a defensive posture, Parcells said.

One of the bullets entered his head and came out through his eye; another -- likely the fatal wound, Baden said -- struck Brown on the top of his head and caused irreparable damage to his brain.
Bill needs to stay the F outta this and let the authorities handle it. All we need is more speculation.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

:lol

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This partially goes with one of the eyewitnesses.

Bottom line is this. If you obey the police, you probably aren't going to end up shot.

Not agreeing with anything the cop did, but to pretend there is this underlying current of destructive racism is just silly.

It is just part of our overly self-indulgent spoiled society.

People in other countries are truly getting executed in real racial, ethnic or religious situations and we are here with our first world problems pretending our issues are more important.

Cotton

Staff member

Bottom line is this. If you obey the police, you probably aren't going to end up shot.

Not agreeing with anything the cop did, but to pretend there is this underlying current of destructive racism is just silly.

People in other countries are truly getting executed in real racial, ethnic or religious situations and we are here with our first world problems pretending our issues are more important.
Boom!

jeebs

Brand New Member

Yea, if you obey me and you won't be shot either...

Cotton

Staff member
There's actually something to be said for that. If I was in public and was carrying and got into an altercation where someone was trying to take my gun, I would shoot them. And, I believe I would be fully justified in doing so.

jeebs

Brand New Member
There's actually something to be said for that. If I was in public and was carrying and got into an altercation where someone was trying to take my gun, I would shoot them. And, I believe I would be fully justified in doing so.
Agreed, but that was about the opposite of my point. My point was to Booze's point, while true, is not the way our society runs generally.

Cotton

Staff member
Agreed, but that was about the opposite of my point. My point was to Booze's point, while true, is not the way our society runs generally.
It is if you try to take a cop's gun. As well it should be.

jeebs

Brand New Member
It is if you try to take a cop's gun. As well it should be.
If a cop wants to give orders and think he has to be obeyed because he has a gun then he probably deserves to be shot in the face. And I firmly believe that one day he will be, you dont get to be oppressive for ever before the pendulum swings the other way.

jeebs

Brand New Member
Booz said shit about taking a cops gun, just that they get to shoot you if you dont listen, "Bottom line is this. If you obey the police, you probably aren't going to end up shot."

Cotton

Staff member
If a cop wants to give orders and think he has to be obeyed because he has a gun then he probably deserves to be shot in the face. And I firmly believe that one day he will be, you dont get to be oppressive for ever before the pendulum swings the other way.
Uhh, are cops not put in a position of authority? I would guess you didn't obey all your teachers in school because, damn it, they're THE MAN, and stuff.

jeebs

Brand New Member
Uhh, are cops not put in a position of authority? I would guess you didn't obey all your teachers in school because, damn it, they're THE MAN, and stuff.
No, a cop doesn't have unlimited authority, you do not have to do something just because a cop said it, and they should not be able to shoot you for it. They are just citizen, and people like you supporting them are why they are fucking hated.

Cotton

Staff member
No, a cop doesn't have unlimited authority, you do not have to do something just because a cop said it, and they should not be able to shoot you for it. They are just citizen, and people like you supporting them are why they are fucking hated.
I didn't once say they have unlimited authority, but they do have the authority to tell you to get out of the fucking street. And, when they tell you that, you have to abide by that authority. Plus, they are only hated by a select few people. I would guess their approval rating is above the 75th percentile.

Oh, and your little jab about shooting someone for not abiding by orders is over the top and ridiculous in this case. He tried to take his gun and then charged him after already being shot because he was a dumbass by trying to take the gun to begin with.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I have to admit, I am a bad fake socially conscious person.

The information I have is that basically, he was asked to do something by an authority figure. He apparently chose to do otherwise and behave in a threatening manner. If that is not true, I get the outrage.

But I don't see a lot that says he was exactly cooperative other than the fact he threw up his hands when running away. Correct me if wrong.

I happen to believe that there are smarter ways to defy authority other than saying fuck you, I is almost where I be goin' at, bitch.

Cotton

Staff member
I have to admit, I am a bad fake socially conscious person.

The information I have is that basically, he was asked to do something by an authority figure. He apparently chose to do otherwise and behave in a threatening manner. If that is not true, I get the outrage.

But I don't see a lot that says he was exactly cooperative other than the fact he threw up his hands when running away. Correct me if wrong.

I happen to believe that there are smarter ways to defy authority other than saying fuck you, I am almost where I be goin' at.
I will correct you. He didn't get shot while running away. He stopped, turned around, and charged the cop that he just tried to take the gun from.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Booz said shit about taking a cops gun, just that they get to shoot you if you dont listen, "Bottom line is this. If you obey the police, you probably aren't going to end up shot."
And that is pretty much true. If he had complied, you just think this yahoo cop would have shot him just because he's black? Is that what you are legitimately saying?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I will correct you. He didn't get shot while running away. He stopped, turned around, and charged the cop that he just tried to take the gun from.
Well, like I said, I am a bad fake socially conscious person. I have not bothered to get into the details beyond what the sensationalist aghast narrative has been the last few days.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
If a cop wants to give orders and think he has to be obeyed because he has a gun then he probably deserves to be shot in the face.
So if your boss says do something, it is okay to shoot them in the face? How about a parent?

Top Bottom