Tony Romo Press Conference

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
At this point, that's difficult to fathom. If he were going to shit the bed, I think we would have seen the slightest bit of evidence.
I don't think it's gonna happen.
They don't lean on Dak, so it's hard to see him screwing up that badly.

It's been 9 games, and Dak passed a real test in Pittsburgh, though I think that's the only real test. He lost one divisional game because he stunk up the 2nd half and nearly botched another one. The biggest division tests are coming up.

To me it's simple. Romo's better than Dak and so you play him. If Tyron Smith suddenly stops blocking as well because Romo's behind him, Dez half-asses his patterns, Zeke can't find his footing anymore, and Beasley crawls into a tank-- all dreaming of chemistry lost, you bring Dak back.

Down the stretch I want Romo playing at home with the best team he's ever had.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
That article about Romo wanting to compete explained a lot to me.

While everyone was praising Romo for being such a great leader for willingly putting the team first, his facial expressions and body language during the press conference told a different story.

If you paid attention, you saw a guy who was a bit upset and annoyed. To me it had a similar look and feel as a player who is made to read a prepared statement of apology after a screw up.

And I get it. He's a competitor who just lost his job. Not exactly something that you'd be cheery about. I just wanted to comment about how the story of him asking to compete strengthened my belief that he just wrote and read what everyone wanted to hear; but deep down he has alternate feelings.

Again, I'm fine with that because it's completely understandable under those circumstances.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
That article about Romo wanting to compete explained a lot to me.

While everyone was praising Romo for being such a great leader for willingly putting the team first, his facial expressions and body language during the press conference told a different story.

If you paid attention, you saw a guy who was a bit upset and annoyed. To me it had a similar look and feel as a player who is made to read a prepared statement of apology after a screw up.

And I get it. He's a competitor who just lost his job. Not exactly something that you'd be cheery about. I just wanted to comment about how the story of him asking to compete strengthened my belief that he just wrote and read what everyone wanted to hear, but deep down he has alternate feelings.

Again, I'm fine with that as it is completely understandable under those circumstances.
It's a god-damned travesty this organization has no faith in Romo.

They are gutless to a man.

I can understand Belichick favoring the shifty short-accurate (then) Brady over Bledsoe who was a tree trunk pocket passer who threw deep all the time when he didn't have the offensive horses.

But Romo? On THIS offense?

Gutless, disloyal, scaredy-cats.

1bigfan13

Staff member

I can understand Belichick favoring the shifty short-accurate (then) Brady over Bledsoe who was a tree trunk pocket passer who threw deep all the time when he didn't have the offensive horses.

Romo with this offense performed about the same as Zeke.

What are we missing production wise?

During the 2014 season, which is widely regarded as Romo's best year as a pro, he only topped 300 yards passing once. So it's not like we're missing out on all these 300-400 yard passing games that Romo would be putting up. Nope, he was putting up the same 250-270 yards per game that Dak is providing us.

We're still scoring close to 30 points per game and are in the top 5 of many other offensive categories. What significant improvement is Romo going to bring to the table?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Romo with this offense performed about the same as Zeke.

During the 2014 season, which is widely regarded as Romo's best year as a pro, he only topped 300 yards passing once. So it's not like we're missing out on all these 300-400 yard passing games that Romo would be putting up. Nope, he was putting up the same 250-270 yards per game that Dak is providing us.

We're still scoring close to 30 points per game and are in the top 5 of many other offensive categories. What significant improvement is Romo going to bring to the table?
Romo is just better, OKAY?!

1bigfan13

Staff member
Romo is just better, OKAY?!
Ravi seemed pretty emotional in that post too.

I envisioned him looking like this guy as he typed and posted that last message.

p1_

DCC 4Life
He lost one divisional game because he stunk up the 2nd half.
Ok, you need to pin that loss on the man who wasted precious time at the very end of what should have been Dak's first
come from behind victory. In which case, he would be a sterling 9-0. When did Romo ever do anything remotely as impressive,
much less as a rookie 4th round pick?

Jiggyfly

Banned

:lol

The easiest thing in the world would be to go back to Romo, I really have no idea what you are talking about.

And once again WTF has Romo done to be owed all of this loyalty?

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
A full season vs. 9 games, and we're not missing production, we're missing our QB. Dak has been great, but he's not where Tony Romo is.

We've had this discussion and it's not about stats. I believe Romo is better than Prescott and the team will be better off with him starting and Dak backing up.

Jiggyfly

Banned
They don't believe in Romo, pure and simple.

Are you serious? What does he have to do?
Win a freakin ring or you know at least have a deep playoff run.

And they showed all of the loyalty necessary when they paid almost 100 million knowing he needed back surgery.

p1_

DCC 4Life
10 years, 2 playoff victories. Enough said.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Win a freakin ring or you know at least have a deep playoff run.

And they showed all of the loyalty necessary when they paid almost 100 million knowing he needed back surgery.
If they had the ability to take back the money, they would so let's not talk about loyalty.

Again, had this been Ben, Brady, Brees, or Rodgers they would have benched Dak.

They are thinking about "the future" and "chemistry" that they are conveniently ignoring the fact that as a rookie Dak will likely face uneven games. They lack faith in Romo because he hasn't won a championship, and that's flawed reasoning.

The OL, running game, and/or pistol offense can protect Dak like it did Wilson and RG3 in 2012 or Roethlisberger in 2004, but sooner or later you face the best in the league in the playoffs.

All those rookies lost.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
If they had the ability to take back the money, they would so let's not talk about loyalty.
You are delusional if you don't think Jerry and Garrett aren't 100% loyal to Romo. That's stupid to even insinuate.

data

Forbes #1
This threads gonna be good when Dak has his first stinker.

~Week 7, 2019~

I TOLD YOU!!!!!!

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
You are delusional if you don't think Jerry and Garrett aren't 100% loyal to Romo. That's stupid to even insinuate.
Do you think they'd have benched Brady, Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees?

This team doesn't have the chops to make that call.

But Romo, the team player who is too willing to stand aside-- sure. They can stay with the "hot hand", not have to deal with the media, and think of all that cap space we get to save next year.

This fan base is too ready to dismiss what Romo's done and what he's capable of. Aikman would have crapped himself with the supporting casts Romo's had most of his career.

There is no football reason to bench Romo.

And to keep him running the scout team is a fucking insult.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
They don't believe in Romo, pure and simple.
:dunce

They believe in Dak. Has nothing to do with Romo. Right now you have a team that is the favorite in the NFC for the superbowl with Dak leading it. I'd say Dak has given them reason to believe in him. It's not about Romo.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, Jerry took Romo to his nephews highschool game for gods sake. And then they rode his private jet together to the Steelers game. So yeah, Jerry is pretty loyal to Romo.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
They believe in Dak. Has nothing to do with Romo. Right now you have a team that is the favorite in the NFC for the superbowl with Dak leading it. I'd say Dak has given them reason to believe in him. It's not about Romo.
Yeah, Jerry took Romo to his nephews highschool game for gods sake. And then they rode his private jet together to the Steelers game. So yeah, Jerry is pretty loyal to Romo.
Liking someone and believing in someone are two separate things. They believe Dak is better than Romo. It's that simple.

Had it been Brady, Brees, Rodgers, or Ben there's no way they keep playing Dak. Each game gets harder, especially vs the division and especially in the playoffs.

They don't hold Romo in higher regard than a rookie who is due some bad games-- and the reason comes down to #9 not winning a championship. It's like they can't wait for him to go away and reclaim the cap space.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
They don't hold Romo in higher regard than a rookie who is due some bad games-- and the reason comes down to #9 not winning a championship. It's like they can't wait for him to go away and reclaim the cap space.
:lol what?

How about they don't hold Romo in higher regard then a QB who has gone 8-1 and has the second best QBR only to Tom Brady. You keep bringing up rookie like it's some sort of a secret disability that will eventually destroy Dak. But what Dak has done as a QB is nothing short of great. Not just great for a rookie but great for any NFL QB. He is in the MVP discussion.

By the way, I bet if the Saints went 8-1 with their backup they wouldn't even think about Brees going back in.

Top Bottom