When Romo is completely healthy, who do you play?

When Romo is completely healthy, who do you play?

• Dak

Votes: 36 90.0%
  • Tony

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
Yep. I seem to remember last years winner as being just a whelp.
Oh, you mean the guy that their HC told not to throw it any more because they were concerned about giving away the game?

Poor example.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Oh, you mean the guy that their HC told not to throw it any more because they were concerned about giving away the game?

Poor example.
Of course. Everything that doesn't align with your thought process is a poor example. I am not anti Dak get that straight. I just dont get all the venal expressions regarding Romo. Its like grade school circles. You can have only one buddy and everyone else is to be hated.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
How about the year before that?
So now you're going to compare Romo to Brady? Yeah, he's totally in the same league as the guy that is 22-9 in the playoffs.

:lol

As I've said countless times before if he had similar stats then it would be a no brainer.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
Of course. Everything that doesn't align with your thought process is a poor example. I am not anti Dak get that straight. I just dont get all the venal expressions regarding Romo. Its like grade school circles. You can have only one buddy and everyone else is to be hated.
2-4. That's really all that needs to be said.

Time for a new era that doesn't include one of playoff failure after playoff failure.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yep. I seem to remember last years winner as being just a whelp.
There is an exception to every rule. But if experience was the over riding factor you would think 36 + year old QBs in the superbowl would be the norm.

A rookie QB in the superbowl is unheard of but so was a 39 year old winning it until last year. Roethlisberger won the Superbowl at 23 years old. Russel Wilson won it at 25. Tom Brady did it at 24. Dan Marino lost it at 23.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
There is an exception to every rule. But if experience was the over riding factor you would think 36 + year old QBs in the superbowl would be the norm.

A rookie QB in the superbowl is unheard of but so was a 39 year old winning it until last year.
I believe you are taking liberties now. I didn't even come close to saying 36 year olders are the norm with anything. In fact you brought up that topic and I gave your an example. There are enough posters on the site already who get creative with peoples words I would hate to see you succumb to that approach.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I believe you are taking liberties now. I didn't even come close to saying 36 year olders are the norm with anything. In fact you brought up that topic and I gave your an example. There are enough posters on the site already who get creative with peoples words I would hate to see you succumb to that approach.
Nope didn't intend to imply you said that. Was simply pointing out that there isn't a strong correlation between years of experience in this league and playoff success. Otherwise the older the QB the more likely they would be to win a Superbowl.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
2-4. That's really all that needs to be said.

Time for a new era that doesn't include one of playoff failure after playoff failure.
How does that align with zero. When there is even one that will be just fine with me regardless of who is at the helm.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I think there are just a lot of guys who are tired of the Romo roller coaster. Count me as one of them. Just too much up and down play.

I honestly didnt believe I'd see another Aikman or Staubach in my lifetime- especially with the way Jones has drafted and ran this team. Meaning, trusting him to find another QB that just has "it".

Dak seems to have "it". Maybe its a fad..maybe its luck...maybe it comes crashing down soon. But damn its fun now.

kidd

DCC 4Life
I said that we should stick with Dak for now and I'm not backing off of that.

That being said, can we please stop pretending Romo is some mediocre QB who isn't worthy of carrying Dak's jock?

It's getting ridiculous.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Nope didn't intend to imply you said that. Was simply pointing out that there isn't a strong correlation between years of experience in this league and playoff success. Otherwise the older the QB the more likely they would be to win a Superbowl.
Experience is experience whether it is with a 26 year old or a 40 year old. It is valuable in both instances. Experience doesn't always entail age however it is true that age will usuallly relate more experience. Even some experience is generally better than none. It isn't something that can just be disregarded.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I think there are just a lot of guys who are tired of the Romo roller coaster. Count me as one of them. Just too much up and down play.

I honestly didnt believe I'd see another Aikman or Staubach in my lifetime- especially with the way Jones has drafted and ran this team. Meaning, trusting him to find another QB that just has "it".

Dak seems to have "it". Maybe its a fad..maybe its luck...maybe it comes crashing down soon. But damn its fun now.
I love the kid as well. I just happen to have a pretty high regard for Romo's skills as well.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

That being said, can we please stop pretending Romo is some mediocre QB who isn't worthy of carrying Dak's jock?

It's getting ridiculous.
That's where I am coming from as well.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member

It's getting ridiculous.
I can only speak for me....I know for a fact Romo is a really good QB. But I just look at the injury history, his big game history, and his age and I realize the chances of him taking us to a SB are pretty slim.

I just prefer to ride Dak and see if he is the guy. If not, then you still have to plan for the future. Romo isn't the future.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I can only speak for me....I know for a fact Romo is a really good QB. But I just look at the injury history, his big game history, and his age and I realize the chances of him taking us to a SB are pretty slim.

I just prefer to ride Dak and see if he is the guy. If not, then you still have to plan for the future. Romo isn't the future.
I can't take issue with that. Dak is the future. Only time will tell whether Romo has any future with Dallas but my guess is that will unfold even as early as before the end of the season.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member

My question is why wait for the future? We've seen what Romo has done and quite honestly I refuse to accept that as being an acceptable performance come playoff time.

Maybe being 2-4 playoff record is acceptable if he played for the Browns but we're the fucking Cowboys for crying out loud and I expect much better than that pathetic showing.

Yeah, I'll agree he's been an exciting regular season player but just doesn't get it done when it actually matters.

Factor in all the above and it's time to see what Dak can do.

Get us to the divisional round and he's matched the best that Romo has done. Win a playoff game and he's half way to Romo's record.

People need to quit pretending like he's done so much more in those winner take all games.

At this point I've seen what Romo can do, now it's time to see if Dak can match it or exceed it.

I for one think he can if we quit living in the past already.

Personally I don't want to wait for the future when it's already here.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
It's not smart to credit a QB with a team's playoff record. There's like an entire team, coaching staff, and front office involved, all of which we've been highly critical of in Dallas for some time.

To about face and then put it all on Romo is disingenuous.

Dallas plays a certain way with Romo to cover up weaknesses in other places. Historically this approach has gotten them to about .500.

When was the last foundational DT this team has had? What about playmaking LB or Safety who are leaders that stay on the field? Or DB that steps up and consistently makes plays in the secondary?

Outside of some streaks here and there, there's none of the above.

Same with RB's. Julius, Barber, Murray-- all make a brief splash then leave.

What we've had at the foundational positions is Romo and later Dez and Tyron. That combination alone is not enough to make a perennial contender.

Top Bottom