Gameday Chatter Thread |Cowboys v. Giants| 09-11-16

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Bad coaching indeed. Another example of bad coaching would be not making nearly enough of an effort to put the ball in your best offensive playmakers hands then declaring that you have no issue with the way he was used, all the while riding out the "taking what they give you" philosophy to another loss.
Its an epidemic.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Williams is an impressive runner.
I always liked him.

He kept getting nicked in Carolina and the Steelers really stole a good one getting him cheap.

Above that, he is a quality person.

Just the kind of guy you want on your team.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member

Yep.
100% accurate. There's absolutely no excuse for it.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member

I guess the natural thing is to say Morris did better. Well yeah, he's more experienced.

I think a lot of people are quick to pull the "bust" card.

My biggest issue was the lack of screens to the guy. One of the reason you take a back at 4 is that they can do more than just carry the football.

Yet late in the game, we had Turd Dunbar getting targeted.
My issue is not that he played like shit so much. I mean it was obvious that happened for one reason or another.

My issue is that our dumb ass owner and head coach who anointed him without him having to earn a damn thing. Yeah, he's the #4 pick.. I get that. But when we're playing to win and he's done jack shit put someone in there who can make that plays.

Right now that's Morris until Zeke proves otherwise.

22cowboysfan22

Brand New Member
For anybody who thinks that Dak didn't look that great yesterday, watch Case Keenum in this game and then think about the fact that Goff is so bad that he not only couldn't beat out Keenum, he couldn't even beat out Sean Mannion for the backup job.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
For anybody who thinks that Dak didn't look that great yesterday, watch Case Keenum in this game and then think about the fact that Goff is so bad that he not only couldn't beat out Keenum, he couldn't even beat out Sean Mannion for the backup job.
Yeah, I don't get any of the Dak hate that he's been getting now. Granted I'm sure that so much of it was due to the hype that he was getting from the media.

After watching RG3 and Keenum, etc I'm beyond thrilled we have Dak. I think it's only up from here.

Yes, he has some things to work on including his accuracy when throwing from his back foot, etc. That'll come in time.

Hell, he's already doing some things that Romo still hasn't learned such as throwing the ball away rather than taking the sack.

I feel more confident with Dak than I ever did with Weeden, Moore or Cassel. Hell, I feel more confident with Dak than wasting time starting Dirty Sanchez.

Did I wish Romo could have started the season and have Dak learn from the bench? Abso-fucking-lutely! But Romo's not here and we're going to have some growing pains like we experienced Sunday.

For all the talk of Romo likely winning yesterday. You're probably right. But then again there would have likely been some ill advised INTs and making the game much closer than it should have been by him trying to do too much as always.

With that being said we were still in a position to win last night despite all the fuck ups from our team and coaches. And oddly enough the penalties didn't come from our rookie QB making his first start but rather our veterans.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Anybody bashing Dak for yesterday is a bona fide idiot. As for Romo, we would've won by about 10 with him yesterday.

Top Bottom