Nice.

Carp

DCC 4Life

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member

ouch.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
One timeout. 40 seconds. Do I agree with it? No but it's easy to play MMQB.
Belichick not calling TO kind of forced Carroll's hand.

With 40 seconds left he needs to get three plays in to maximize his chances. He has one timeout, so if he runs on 2nd down he can't stop the clock if they miss on both 2nd and 3rd down, MAYBE denying them a 4th down attempt.

But if he passes JUST ONCE with his QB who has been very good overall in the playoffs, he likely gets a clock stoppage after 2nd down and can call timeout after 3rd down, setting up a do-or-die 4th down. He basically maximizes his chances-- two runs plus a high-percentage pass.

Only Belichick was ready for the pass, and was hoping for it by NOT calling timeout, having even his 4th string CB ready for that play in particular.

All in all, a brilliant awareness of situational football and one of the biggest reasons this guy is maybe the best ever to have the job.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

:lol

Damn.

Carl

RIP Brother
I kinda liked that halftime show
Why, coz you can't dance either.

Sorry, I have been away, and do need to send one nasty thing to you, weekly. How are you by the way?

Carl

RIP Brother
Why even line up shotgun there?

It makes our 3rd and 1 shotgun play vs the Packers look like a minor offense in comparison.

I mean....why would you do that?

Unreal.
I am been sick since Sunday and haven't gotten on line; but yes, nonsensical. If they didn't run Lynch, I actually thought Wilson might take a knee to burn some time; then just give it to Lynch next play to win the game.

Kbrown

Not So New Member

LeGarrett Blount
Blount's story should be a lesson to young men everywhere. If you aren't satisified with where you are, pout and quit on your current team, then wait for a better team to pick you up and take you to success. Poignant.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member

p1_

DCC 4Life
Why does Butler get no credit for making the play? All parties executed well, but Butler took it away. It was brilliant .

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Why does Butler get no credit for making the play? All parties executed well, but Butler took it away. It was brilliant .
No question it was a tremendous play by Butler. He read the play beautifully and broke on the ball at the perfect time.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
No question it was a tremendous play by Butler. He read the play beautifully and broke on the ball at the perfect time.
Agreed. He deserves immense credit. His coaches prepared him for the play and Belichick's non-TO set up the passing situation, but Butler executed as well as anyone in this league ever has in that situation with highest possible stakes at risk.

Top Bottom