Week 4 Gameday Chatter | Saints vs. Cowboys | 09/28/2014

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Great performance...a couple of meaningless TDs late, but I like the confidence this team played with. Proud of the tackling and the way we flew around.
I agree, the defense put in an elite performance. I don't put much stock in the Saints scoring late with us rushing 3 guys and basically playing to try and not get beat.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I agree, the defense put in an elite performance. I don't put much stock in the Saints scoring late with us rushing 3 guys and basically playing to try and not get beat.
They had a legit chance to win down two scores with 10 minutes left.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Besides Dungy I don't think many had us winning...although Jerry thought we were underrated.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Yeah, think with this defense no lead will be totally safe, all year. This one was 28 at the end of the third and got a little too close for comfort.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I legit can't believe what I just saw, we pretty much just did to them what they did to us last year, not quite as dominating but pretty close aside from that 5-7 or so minute stretch in the 4th quarter.

I'm not even going to talk about the offense because we all know the deal on that side of the ball, but defensively I was surprised by how the guys were flying around tonight. Really tells you that hustle and aggressiveness on defense can make up for some deficiencies, we didn't do that last week and looked like shit against a 3rd string QB, tonight they were hyped up and flying around and held down one of the best QB's in the league for the most part.

I thought the DL got some decent push tonight, nothing dominating of course but we got Brees off the spot and made him uncomfortable. I thought Crawford, Scandrick, Church, Moore and Carter were pretty exceptional, McClain made a few plays, Durant and Hayden flashed a bit and Spencer actually looked decent considering the circumstances. Hopefully Carter's injury is nothing too serious and hopefully Claiborne's fool ass sits out a few games so we can just play Moore.

It'll be nice if Lawrence can come back and give us some explosiveness off the edge because we seem to be getting some decent pressure but we lack that explosive element.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
They gave up 17 points to the best offense in football. 2 of those TDs were while our defense was playing some prevent crap.

Yeah I'd say they were good.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Lawrence really is the key...Mincey got nice push, but does not have the agility to finish.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm not even going to talk about the offense because we all know the deal on that side of the ball, but defensively I was surprised by how the guys were flying around tonight.

Our tackling was really good most of the night. There were a few bad plays but for the most part receivers weren't going anywhere once they caught the ball.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
:lol

Garrett still has to "watch the tape".

Well. Well.

Error. Error. Danger Will Robinson.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
They gave up 17 points to the best offense in football. 2 of those TDs were while our defense was playing some prevent crap.

Yeah I'd say they were good.
No doubt, my objection was to putting no stock in the Saints' scores. They made big plays and it turned that fake punt into a pivotal play.

Top Bottom