Randy Gregory suspended 4 games

townsend

Banned
Sean Lee when healthy isn't far off from those guys. We do need a second LBer to stand up as elite. Rolando has the physical skills but I just don't think he has the motivation to be anything better then what he is now. It's why I am perfectly fine moving on from him.
I have to wonder if shits like McClain haven't been a negative influence on Gregory. Two of our team leaders were serving a suspension last year, Scandrick was serving one the year before.

It seems like we're real damn tolerant of idiocy on this team.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have to wonder if shits like McClain haven't been a negative influence on Gregory. Two of our team leaders were serving a suspension last year, Scandrick was serving one the year before.

Maybe but it seems like a lot of NFL teams have these suspensions they are dealing with.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

Gregory brought the pot baggage with him from college.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Kind of apples and oranges there. Hernandez is a psychopath, Gregory is just a dumbass.
Bottom line is people are who they are regardless of their environment.

Patriots do well because they normally don't take short cuts on confused people like Gregory. I doubt their environment better helps keep people out of trouble than any other pro football team's.

It didn't keep Rodney Harrison off the HGH.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
They took on a murderer...

Yeah, they don't take on problem children at all.
I did say "Normally" :) Hernandez was clearly an exception.

Bottom line they do well because they screen out the idiots before signing them (normally) and not because Bill Belichick is some kind of behavior-whisperer.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I did say "Normally" :) Hernandez was clearly an exception.

Bottom line they do well because they screen out the idiots before signing them (normally) and not because Bill Belichick is some kind of behavior-whisperer.
They take on guys like Blount all the time who are bona fide crazies.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
They take on guys like Blount all the time who are bona fide crazies.
They could take him or leave him. He helped them in a pinch, and the second his craziness becomes a negative factor they'll cut him. They aren't building a team around him.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
This is true. Moss, Talib, Dillon. There's more than a few.
At worst this lot was outspoken or at times unmotivated... hardly crazy.

None of them were potheads or perpetually suspended, and most importantly none were guys they drafted to build a team around like Gregory.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
They do it all the time because they believe their culture can control them.
I think they do their homework and find talented guys who want to win a championship and couldn't with the teams they played on before.

We we used to be like that.

But outside of Hernandez, the Pats always draft rkg's.

Jiggyfly

Banned
At worst this lot was outspoken or at times unmotivated... hardly crazy.

None of them were potheads or perpetually suspended, and most importantly none were guys they drafted to build a team around like Gregory.
Moss was a weed smoker who quite on his team.

Talib had a gun case where he pistol whipped a guy.

Dillon had drug issues and had discipline issues since college.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Moss was a weed smoker who quite on his team.

Talib had a gun case where he pistol whipped a guy.

Dillon had drug issues and had discipline issues since college.
Ok, AGAIN, none were drafted by NE or were key building blocks-- like Gregory was here.

The key words in your reply are "was" and "had", as in those issues were long gone by the time they were Patriots and each lasted 2, 3, and 3.25 years in New England.

They were hired guns, ala Greg Hardy.

Except for Hernandez, the Pats have steered clear of drafting problem children to be core Patriots. And even Hernandez was a 4th round pick.

Top Bottom