Week 15 Gameday Chatter | Buccaneers vs Cowboys | 12/18/2016

To be honest, I think the coaching staff is making a conscious effort to limit Elliott's touches after we jumped out so far ahead of the rest of the NFC, especially early in the game. He only had 10 carries in the first half tonight for example.

Once the playoffs start I think they ride him like a horse, giving him 25-30 carries a game.
Then why make Morris inactive? I have no problem with limiting Zeke a little for the playoffs especially since he is a rookie and is not used to playing this many games. But, Deactivate Dumbar and keep Zeke, Morris, and McFadden and ride McFaden and Morris to keep Zeke fresh. NOT Dumbar! He offers NOTHING!

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
You do realize this is the same defense that shut down Wilson, Brees, Rivers and Smith, right?

So I'd say he didn't pretty damn good.
Good point, though it's hard to believe with the ground game so strong and luring those LBs in that there weren't big opportunities out there that we just missed.

Dak needs quick shots to Beasely to get his game going. Let's see more of that at the start of drives and at least take one deep shot per quarter to the guys that can run. I know we'll hit a couple.

Yeah but we had our first win against The Ravens, and broke a 5 game losing streak to the Packers. It's a year of change.
I hope so, but I knew the Vikings game would be hard as well as they have struggled against them for the few times they have played in the last 10 years or so and they did.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Now let's just get Claiborne and Wilcox back.
And how about Lawrence. Pretty crazy to think he missed this game and we were still able to generate such great pressure from the DE spot. I think our defense has real potential to get better going into the playoffs.

And god damn, Sean Lee is playing some of the best football I have ever seen him play. Just insane really.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
But even if we were limiting Zeke, it isn't like we tried to establish a running game even with McFadden, and that's my point.
I agree with this, except for the passing game was nearly perfect. It wasn't the run pass ratio that bothered me in this game at all. What worried me were the dumb play calls, aka trick plays that ended in total failure. The attempt at a reverse and the over use of the jet sweep. Replace those dumb plays with just some standard run stuff and I'd be thrilled.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I agree with this, except for the passing game was nearly perfect. It wasn't the run pass ratio that bothered me in this game at all. What worried me were the dumb play calls, aka trick plays that ended in total failure. The attempt at a reverse and the over use of the jet sweep. Replace those dumb plays with just some standard run stuff and I'd be thrilled.
The telegraphed jet sweeps have to stop, everybody knows they're coming and they don't work anymore.

The reverse I didn't totally hate, if they didn't fuck up the pitch Whitehead probably gets at least 10 yards there.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
I really hope Zeke gets the record. If it wasn't for our idiot coaching staff he'd be much closer to the record now.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The telegraphed jet sweeps have to stop, everybody knows they're coming and they don't work anymore.

The reverse I didn't totally hate, if they didn't fuck up the pitch Whitehead probably gets at least 10 yards there.
When 88% of your throws are going for completions, I just don't get the need to run a reverse on 3rd and 2. That's a down and distance that Dak converts in his sleep tonight.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Tampa's defense has been one of the best in the league over the last month or so, I wouldn't say everyone else except Philly will be as good or better going forward.
Defense and offense feed each other and are rarely strong in isolation. Detroit will be as good overall as Tampa. Our defense could barely contain Tampa when they got out of their own way. We need our offense to sustain drives, but that approach is becoming too much to ask. Against better teams we'll lose if we run that many plays with such average results.

If I told you we were at home, we'd force two real turnovers and two other garbage ones, we ourselves had one turnover that wouldn't really hurt us, Zeke rushes for 159 yards, Dak misses only four passes for nearly 300, and we only punt twice would you believe we only won by six points?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

When 88% of your throws are going for completions, I just don't get the need to run a reverse on 3rd and 2. That's a down and distance that Dak converts in his sleep tonight. And the Jet sweeps are ok when you once in a great while hand it to the sweep guy but mostly use the RB. The problem is we are doing it so much that it is becoming predictable and the DE's are sitting on the sweep guy.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Defense and offense feed each other and are rarely strong in isolation. Detroit will be as good overall as Tampa. Our defense could barely contain Tampa when they got out of their own way. We need our offense to sustain drives, but that approach is becoming too much to ask. Against better teams we'll lose if we run that many plays with such average results.

If I told you we were at home, we'd force two real turnovers and two other garbage ones, we ourselves had one turnover that wouldn't really hurt us, Zeke rushes for 159 yards, Dak misses only four passes for nearly 300, and we only punt twice would you believe we only won by six points?
It was clear that the offense did not take enough advantage of their scoring opportunities and alot of that had to do with the relatively conservative passes by Dak, but it was also the penalties too. I just took exception to you saying we would see teams with better defenses, although you seem to be talking about overall teams.

As far as Tampa's offense, I wouldn't say we couldn't stop them once they got out of their own way. It was more like they had two good touchdown drives, one of which was capped off by a fluke TD that was more likely to be an INT than anything else, and were shut down the rest of the game.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
That's not what he's saying, but you're so blind in your loyalty to Dak that you won't acknowledge any flaw or issue with this game even if it's just a minor one.
His Dak worship is kind of amusing, though.

Kind of like Kidd and Romo, but with more anger.

Jiggyfly

Banned

I think that sweep would have been a huge gain they had everybody in pursuit and there was a blocker in front.

Would love to see that on the all 22.

That's the kind of plays that won us games early in the year did not hate the call.

Jiggyfly

Banned

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Hopefully, we see what the tandem of Irving and Lawrence can do at DE.

Carr sucks a big dong...he gave up some big completions tonight, and the non-INT in the endzone really got TB back into the game.

Dak looked good, but no big pass plays down the field. As pointed out here, its going to bite us in the ass in the playoffs. WTF is Bryant doing running 4 yard routes? Why is Butler and Williams not going deep?

I'm like a few others...I see some big issues with this team advancing in the playoffs, hell they may even lose the fucking division to NY. And if that happens, fuck Garrett...he needs to go.

UncleMilti

Staff member
Oh...and FUCK YOU Lucky Dickwhitehead

UncleMilti

Staff member
And why does Witten look like someone tied a gawddamn 300 pound bucket of shit around each ankle when he catches a pass? That SOB can't get more than a yard after a catch. WTF!

UncleMilti

Staff member
Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we beat TB...but theres no warm and fuzzies tonight.

I tried to make myself feel better by clapping and yelling out "good job" every 3-4 minutes but my wife asked me what I was doing then told me to go the fuck to bed.

Jiggyfly

Banned

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Wow.

If that guy could give us anything off the edge, coupled with how Irving is coming along, we could end up having a decent pass rush at the most important time of the year.

Top Bottom