Jon Stewart Leaving 'The Daily Show'

Carp

DCC 4Life
A woman. Tina Fey would be great, but I think she's got too much going on to commit to such a time consuming gig.
Amy Poehler would be outstanding. I think Tina Fey has too many things going on...while Poehler has a show about to end.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Poehler would be good (though to me she gives out a dumb blond vibe), but Fey would be better, but we agree Fey is too busy.

townsend

Banned
Poehler is distilled awesome. I'd love for her to take over. She'd be able to do it a lot better than Fey, who tends to wilt with too much exposure.
I wish Jessica Williams was a decade older, but there's no way you should hand any hosting gig to a 25 year old.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
A woman. Tina Fey would be great, but I think she's got too much going on to commit to such a time consuming gig.
I would love to see Tina Fey in any position period, but especially this one.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Poehler is distilled awesome. I'd love for her to take over. She'd be able to do it a lot better than Fey, who tends to wilt with too much exposure.
I wish Jessica Williams was a decade older, but there's no way you should hand any hosting gig to a 25 year old.
I have this feeling Poehler would go full Olbermann and forget to be funny. I watched Jon Stewart religiously through both Bush elections and he freely mocked both sides of the aisle. I stopped watching during the Obama election because he marked out so hard he couldn't bring himself to even make fun of Biden. The way Poehler takes every opportunity to give Biden a blowjob on Parks and Rec, I think she'll be like that all the time.

Whether you are liberal or conservative you stop being funny the second you take a side. I see politically one-sided high-fiving humor all over my FB feed (from both sides) and it's all cringe inducing.

I think Poehler would be that.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Whether you are liberal or conservative you stop being funny the second you take a side. I see politically one-sided high-fiving humor all over my FB feed (from both sides) and it's all cringe inducing.

See, I think you are wrong here...Colbert pretended to be a raging conservative and he was hilarious.

townsend

Banned
I have this feeling Poehler would go full Olbermann and forget to be funny. I watched Jon Stewart religiously through both Bush elections and he freely mocked both sides of the aisle. I stopped watching during the Obama election because he marked out so hard he couldn't bring himself to even make fun of Biden. The way Poehler takes every opportunity to give Biden a blowjob on Parks and Rec, I think she'll be like that all the time.

Anybody has a left bend if they're gonna host that, or be on television really. Having any kind of republican leanings is 2 1/2 strikes in the media. That's why guy who is sort of racist Mel Gibson is out in the cold, while liberal child molester Woody Allen is still the toast of Hollywood.

That being said you have to understand that the fictional character Leslie Knope's obsession with Joe Biden is meant to be over the top. She's sold as an ultra stubborn tax and spend liberal who hero worships certain political figures to a degree that's unhealthy, because it's a comedy. Chris Pratt is a huge Seahawks fan, even though Andy Dwyer got married in a Reggie Wayne Jersey. It's not pro Colts propaganda if Dwyer fawns over Andrew Luck.

Look at Amy's work on Weekend Update. Is she liberal? Of course. But she's funny.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Don't get the thing people have for Fey and Poehler. Don't really care all that much for either one of them.

To me it is like they assigned Gilda Radner and Laraine Newman star status.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Don't get the thing people have for Fey and Poehler. Don't really care all that much for either one of them.

To me it is like they assigned Gilda Radner and Laraine Newman star status.
It's because women aren't funny...

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Anybody has a left bend if they're gonna host that, or be on television really. Having any kind of republican leanings is 2 1/2 strikes in the media. That's why guy who is sort of racist Mel Gibson is out in the cold, while liberal child molester Woody Allen is still the toast of Hollywood.

That being said you have to understand that the fictional character Leslie Knope's obsession with Joe Biden is meant to be over the top. She's sold as an ultra stubborn tax and spend liberal who hero worships certain political figures to a degree that's unhealthy, because it's a comedy. Chris Pratt is a huge Seahawks fan, even though Andy Dwyer got married in a Reggie Wayne Jersey. It's not pro Colts propaganda if Dwyer fawns over Andrew Luck.

Look at Amy's work on Weekend Update. Is she liberal? Of course. But she's funny.
Jon Stewart is really liberal but he usually can mock both sides. Colbert is liberal and he satirizes the entire political scene with his side of it. Problem with it is when you take it all too seriously and start trying to make points instead of jokes.

I'm not confusing Poehler's character with her, but she does write the show and I get the idea that she gets politicians she likes on the show because she is a big fan

Top Bottom