MLB Chatter Thread

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
They aren't doing that. He has already said they want to work on developing their own. Your shot was this past season.

D

Deuce

They aren't doing that. He has already said they want to work on developing their own. Your shot was this past season.
Feh, that was no shot. He deserves a better haul than they gave up for Garza and they never came close to it.

Rev

Staff member
Feh, that was no shot. He deserves a better haul than they gave up for Garza and they never came close to it.
I wasn't talking about the players the cubs got. I was just talking about the chance to trade him to the Rangers period.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
For me the toughest trade to take was giving away Adrian Gonzalez but that Garza trade is giving it a run for the money.
The Adrian Gonzalez trade has to far and away hurt more than the trade they made for Garza. At least right now. I'm very excited by the prospect of Edwards becoming a good mid-rotation option (some think he'll end up in the 'pen because he's so slight of build...not sure I buy that yet) and Olt being a solid MLB third baseman (that position has been pretty sad for the Cubs since Aramis Ramirez moved on). However...they haven't done a damn thing at the MLB level yet. These guys may never pan out in the Bigs.That said, it still seems like an awful lot of potential talent to have given up for a rental SP of Garza's quality. I can't believe the Cubs got that much.

Kyle Hendricks from the Dempster trade of a couple years ago is looking pretty good in the minors as well. Could be a decent cheap back of the rotation innings eater for the Cubs soon. Arodys Vizcaino, big time pitching prospect they got from ATL in the Paul Maholm deal two years ago, is finally healthy and looks like he might be a strong contributor in the 'pen this year with the likelyhood of moving into the rotation in the future. They never would have gotten him if he hadn't just undergone TJ surgery before the deal. He's pretty filthy and has a chance to be really good starter or, at least, a good 'pen guy. Getting Jake Arrieta and Pedro Strop for Scott Feldman has a chance to pay off fairly well too.

I'm definitely liking what Theo/Hoyer have done at the trade deadline so far. Hopefully it will all come together soon.

Last edited:

Rev

Staff member
Yu might be headed to DL. He is already scratched from first start. This season could be in the crapper before it starts for us.

Rev

Staff member
Let's see. Rangers look to be dead in the water early. Who can I watch? I think I shall watch the Rays.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Yu might be headed to DL. He is already scratched from first start. This season could be in the crapper before it starts for us.
It's a long season Rev. Don't pack it in just yet. Long way to go.

Rev

Staff member
It's a long season Rev. Don't pack it in just yet. Long way to go.
Yeah. Its just frustration talking. If we can just tread water until the all star break then I think we can make a run at it.

Rev

Staff member
Feliz optioned to AAA. I guess he could have messed his arm up in relief just as well but have to wonder if the extra workload did it.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
What a horrible start to a season. I don't think I have ever seen this many injuries before the season starts. (and yes, I know there have already been a couple of games.)

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
What a horrible start to a season. I don't think I have ever seen this many injuries before the season starts. (and yes, I know there have already been a couple of games.)
Wut?

Carp

DCC 4Life
That is not correct...regular season starts this weekend. Dodgers/Padres in Australia.

Cotton

Staff member
That is not correct...regular season starts this weekend. Dodgers/Padres in Australia.
Officially, yes, but there have already been two regular season games played. The Dodgers are 2-0.

Cotton

Staff member
Why the hell would they do that, then go back to playing spring training games? Which teams?
Dodgers and Diamondbacks.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
That's weird. Why did they do that? Was there some scheduling conflict or something?

Rev

Staff member
They were played in Australia I believe.

Top Bottom