Prospects Dallas Has Shown Interest In - 2014

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/dallas_cowboys_have_private_workout_scheduled_with_big_physical_db_walt_aikens/16079057?linksrc=story_social_yardbar_twitter_16079057

Dallas Cowboys have private workout scheduled with big physical DB Walt Aikens

Liberty defensive back Walt Aikens with have private workouts with the Dallas Cowboys, Atlanta Falcons and New England Patriots, per source. Aikens is a big, strong, physical corner standing at 6'0 and 205 pounds. At his Pro Day he recorded a 4.42 forty time. Since the season has ended, Aikens has built his draft stock up, performing well in at the Senior Bowl, where the South teams Head Coach Jacksonville Jaguars Gus Bradley said, "I like big Walt." Aikens will have visits with the Kansas City Chiefs, Arizona Cardinals, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Cincinnati Bengals and Buffalo Bills, according the source.
Small school DB, perfect.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/dallas_cowboys_have_private_workout_scheduled_with_big_physical_db_walt_aikens/16079057?linksrc=story_social_yardbar_twitter_16079057

Dallas Cowboys have private workout scheduled with big physical DB Walt Aikens

Liberty defensive back Walt Aikens with have private workouts with the Dallas Cowboys, Atlanta Falcons and New England Patriots, per source. Aikens is a big, strong, physical corner standing at 6'0 and 205 pounds. At his Pro Day he recorded a 4.42 forty time. Since the season has ended, Aikens has built his draft stock up, performing well in at the Senior Bowl, where the South teams Head Coach Jacksonville Jaguars Gus Bradley said, "I like big Walt." Aikens will have visits with the Kansas City Chiefs, Arizona Cardinals, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Cincinnati Bengals and Buffalo Bills, according the source.
another small school DB? Awesome.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Big Physical?

Should have just drafted Chancellor when we had the chance.

cmd34

Brand New Member
Big Physical?

Should have just drafted Chancellor when we had the chance.
His name doesn't mean Sunday born nor does he share a birthday with Jerry. Those are much more important factors when it comes to scouting and drafting players.

Duh?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

My God. It never stops, does it?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Jesus H.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Bengals QB coach attends North Dakota State pro day

Gil Brandt

By Gil Brandt |

Published: March 15th, 2014 |

Cincinnati Bengals quarterbacks coach Ken Zampese was among the representatives from nine NFL teams that attended North Dakota State’s pro day Wednesday. A total of 14 players worked out — 11 from North Dakota State and three from North Dakota — indoors on FieldTurf.

Billy Turner, OT, North Dakota State: Turner (6-foot 5 3/8, 314 pounds), who was at the combine, has 33 5/8-inch arms and 10-inch hands. He did position drills only Wednesday. He has a visit scheduled with the Dallas Cowboys, and I think he’s probably a second-day draft pick down near the end of the third round.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

My God. It never stops, does it?
Well he is the run blocking TE we need...

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Billy Turner, OT, North Dakota State: Turner (6-foot 5 3/8, 314 pounds), who was at the combine, has 33 5/8-inch arms and 10-inch hands. He did position drills only Wednesday. He has a visit scheduled with the Dallas Cowboys, and I think he’s probably a second-day draft pick down near the end of the third round.
:fistpump
I'd trade up in the first to make sure we get him.

Rev

Staff member
:lol

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported on Wednesday that 12 teams have expressed interest in Georgia QB Aaron Murray.

Murray is currently in Phoenix preparing for Georgia’s pro day on April 16. Pat Dye, Jr., Murray’s agent, said the signal caller has garnered interest from the following teams: Cincinnati, Jacksonville, Arizona, Minnesota, New Orleans, St. Louis, Cleveland, Houston, Dallas, Oakland, Tennessee and Kansas City. "There’s just a real positive buzz about Aaron with the teams," Dye said. "He’s well ahead of schedule [from ACL surgery in November] and he should be fine to start training camp or at some point during training camp. Whether if that’s the first day or two weeks into it. Aaron swears he’ll be ready by training camp, a full go."

Rev

Staff member
I want nothing to do with Murray. He already has the can't win big game monkey on his back. Come to Dallas and learn under Romo. No thanks.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I want nothing to do with Murray. He already has the can't win big game monkey on his back. Come to Dallas and learn under Romo. No thanks.
Didn't Manning carry the same label in college? I think sometimes that type of thing gets overblown at the college level.

Rev

Staff member
Didn't Manning carry the same label in college? I think sometimes that type of thing gets overblown at the college level.
Which Manning? Peyton? You could still make a little case that he chokes. Whether it gets overblown or not I don't have enough confidence in this coaching staff to work with him if he does

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Which Manning? Peyton? You could still make a little case that he chokes. Whether it gets overblown or not I don't have enough confidence in this coaching staff to work with him if he does
Yep, Peyton, although Eli didn't win any big games in college that I can remember either.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Anthony Barr set to meet with Cowboys, Falcons, Titans and Vikings

Ross Jones

FOX Sports

Just two weeks after not meeting his expectations at the NFL Scouting Combine, former UCLA linebacker Anthony Barr used his final opportunity to prove to scouts that he's one of the rare athletes in this year's draft class.

Barr, who stands 6-foot-4, 250 pounds, improved on his 40-yard dash by more than two-tenths of a second and repped 225 pounds on the bench press four more times (19) than he did in Indianapolis. For what it's worth, Barr is relieved he'll never have to line up in tights and run the 40 in front of NFL personnel again.

"Man, I'm never going to run another 40 in my life and I'm pretty happy about that,” Barr told FOXSports.com on Tuesday. "It's funny that people get caught up in all of that, but how often are you running 40 yards in a football game? It's something you have to do so you have to train for it, but it's something that I am happy to put behind me.”

Ever since Barr underwhelmed at the gathering in Indianapolis, he immediately went back to his roots and began training in Westwood with his strength coach Sal Alosi.

Alosi, who spent nine seasons in the NFL as the head strength coach for the Jets and Falcons, immediately noticed something in Barr's fundamentals which wasn't allowing him to maximize his potential.

"He's somebody who knows my body pretty well, having worked with him for a couple years,” Barr said. "The first day that I got back, he pointed out a couple of things that I needed to fix that were hindering me from performing at my best. I took his advice and made the adjustments.

"He pointed out the flexibility. My hamstring on my left side wasn't striding out as far as my right one was so it was holding me back. We shut it down for a couple days and we worked on that. It was just mechanics really. The first 10 yards in the 40 are the most important part, so he really had me dialing into my first 10 yards.”

While Barr continues the countdown of days until the NFL Draft on May 8, he'll spend the next month-and-a-half meeting and greeting teams, hoping to find a future landing spot.

Reports last week noted that Barr is scheduled to meet with the Falcons, which the outside linebacker confirmed to FOXSports.com.

"I know that meeting [with Atlanta] is on Saturday the 29th, but we're still looking to confirm the location,” Barr said. "It will either be at UCLA or somewhere nearby.

"There have been a couple teams that have reached out. I have a couple visits. I'm going to Pittsburgh. I was going to go to Detroit, but I met with their GM the day before the pro day, so I don't know if they think it's necessary. I'm also meeting with the Cowboys, Titans and Vikings. Those are the few that stand out the most right now.”

Never one to lack confidence, Barr told FOXSports.com in late February that he "absolutely” should be the No. 1 overall pick in the draft and since then he hasn't budged at all.

"I'm fully confident in my abilities and what I'm capable of doing so I fully stand by that,” Barr said. "I think I'm the best player available and with saying that comes a lot of responsibility.

"I think I'm willing to accept that and prove that I am that guy.”

Top Bottom