Free Agency/Cuts/Signings Chatter Thread...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Carolina in particular surprises because it would seem like now is the time to surround Cam with weapons.
He's due for either an option or extension. Then this surgery thing.

Word is around town a lot of players are upset with how Steve Smith was handled. I would not be shocked to see them bottom out in a bad bad way.

D

Deuce

Carolina in particular surprises because it would seem like now is the time to surround Cam with weapons.
They still can. They have shown a knack for throwing numbers as positions in the draft and they could do that again. If they go into camp with an O'Dell Beckham and Jarvis Landry pairing they could be ok.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
They still can. They have shown a knack for throwing numbers as positions in the draft and they could do that again. If they go into camp with an O'Dell Beckham and Jarvis Landry pairing they could be ok.
The only problem is that they have a left tackle issue as well. I think that eliminates a double dip at WR right off the bat.

Luckily, this is a deep WR draft.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I just can't see rookies being the answer...they should have signed Nicks and drafted a WR.

D

Deuce

I just can't see rookies being the answer...they should have signed Nicks and drafted a WR.
Nicks kindof sucked last year and he's always hurt. I guess they should have signed him because of their desperation but he wasn't going to make or break their passing attack.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Nicks kindof sucked last year and he's always hurt. I guess they should have signed him because of their desperation but he wasn't going to make or break their passing attack.
He sucked, but he was hurt too. The Giants were also just bad. He would have been a good starting point.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

5th Rounder in 2015.

D

Deuce

Nice player for peanuts. Good thing we aren't looking to shore up the middle of our line. Having a good center makes that less important...and stuff.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Nice player for peanuts. Good thing we aren't looking to shore up the middle of our line. Having a good center makes that less important...and stuff.
Going to feel real stupid about it when they turn that pick into the next Joseph Randle.

Irving Cowboy

DCC 4Life
Eagles reportedly willing to release DeSean Jackson
By Marc Sessler
Around the League Writer

Published: March 22, 2014 at 01:45 p.m. Updated: March 23, 2014 at 06:28 a.m.

If the Philadelphia Eagles can't find a trade partner for DeSean Jackson, they're reportedly willing to mimic Carolina's route with Steve Smith and flat out release the deep threat.

Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News was told by a source Saturday that "Philly is trading him or cutting him. That's a fact. They don't want him."

Geoff Mosher of CSN Philly cited sources to report that Jackson has "ruffled too many feathers for new coach Chip Kelly," while another source told Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer that the seventh-year wideout is "as good as gone."

Jackson has every reason to desire his release over being shopped.

Mehta reported earlier that DJax remains unwilling to restructure his deal in order to ease his $10.5 million salary cap hit for potential suitors. Why should he? With a pile of franchises known to have some level of interest -- including the Jets, Panthers, Raiders, 49ers and Patriots -- Jackson will benefit from an all-out bidding war on the open market.

The Eagles reportedly have "informally" reached out to teams about a deal, and we'd imagine those in contact made it clear they had no interest in swapping draft picks while also paying Jackson's unwieldy salary. NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport noted Saturday that the Raiders and Jets loom as the "most likely" candidates to still view a trade as a possibility.

It's increasingly likely that the Eagles will be required to cut Jackson if Kelly and Co. remain intent on moving forward without the playmaker. Resident soothsayer Chris Wesseling calls it a 97 percent lock that D-Jax isn't with the Eagles come September.

If and when that figure climbs to 100, the league-wide battle to acquire his services will be fierce.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Eagles reportedly willing to release DeSean Jackson
By Marc Sessler
Around the League Writer

Published: March 22, 2014 at 01:45 p.m. Updated: March 23, 2014 at 06:28 a.m.

If the Philadelphia Eagles can't find a trade partner for DeSean Jackson, they're reportedly willing to mimic Carolina's route with Steve Smith and flat out release the deep threat.

Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News was told by a source Saturday that "Philly is trading him or cutting him. That's a fact. They don't want him."

Geoff Mosher of CSN Philly cited sources to report that Jackson has "ruffled too many feathers for new coach Chip Kelly," while another source told Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer that the seventh-year wideout is "as good as gone."

Jackson has every reason to desire his release over being shopped.

Mehta reported earlier that DJax remains unwilling to restructure his deal in order to ease his $10.5 million salary cap hit for potential suitors. Why should he? With a pile of franchises known to have some level of interest -- including the Jets, Panthers, Raiders, 49ers and Patriots -- Jackson will benefit from an all-out bidding war on the open market.

The Eagles reportedly have "informally" reached out to teams about a deal, and we'd imagine those in contact made it clear they had no interest in swapping draft picks while also paying Jackson's unwieldy salary. NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport noted Saturday that the Raiders and Jets loom as the "most likely" candidates to still view a trade as a possibility.

It's increasingly likely that the Eagles will be required to cut Jackson if Kelly and Co. remain intent on moving forward without the playmaker. Resident soothsayer Chris Wesseling calls it a 97 percent lock that D-Jax isn't with the Eagles come September.

If and when that figure climbs to 100, the league-wide battle to acquire his services will be fierce.
27 years old and coming off a career year. Not a bad year to hit free agency for Jackson. I can't believe the Eagles are this dead set on getting rid of him.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Jackson being a doucher and making it hard to trade him is nice to see. Philly having to cut him and getting nothing in return would be sweet.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Just as soon as I posted that ESPN tweeted that he is expected to sign with them.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The Eagles could have got Weeden. Morons!

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
27 years old and coming off a career year. Not a bad year to hit free agency for Jackson. I can't believe the Eagles are this dead set on getting rid of him.
Yup.

He's gonna land on a team quick and he's going to get paid.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Yup.

If he wasn't douche, I'd support us signing him. Even though he's really just a one trick pony, he'd be the perfect kind of compliment to Dez and Williams.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yup.

I would figure a team like Tampa Bay might get into it, along with the Jets.

Mike Williams is going to get cut real soon and that will kill the Bucs WR corps.

Top Bottom