Draft Chatter Thread...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I must be missing something because I am not enamored with this draft class at all.
Mayock and Steelers GM Kevin Colbert are hailing it as the best in the last ten years.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

D

Deuce

I think I understand the process now. We want DL, but we claim to be so damn picky about which ones are worth it that none of them are graded higher than DBs.

Those tricky Jones boys.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I think I understand the process now. We want DL, but we claim to be so damn picky about which ones are worth it that none of them are graded higher than DBs.

Those tricky Jones boys.
That could definitely be part of it.

I've theorized a few times that I think there is some built in bias, either with the scouts or the idiots at the top, where they feel more comfortable and/or confident scouting certain positions (TE, CB, WR, LB) so we end up with those positions usually rated higher than positions like DE, DT, OG, etc.

I also think these guys use the idea that those positions can contribute on ST's more so than OL/DL as an argument to take them.

Cotton

Staff member
Just for you, Booze.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Just for you, Booze.

I swear to God, we better not draft this colossal douchebag.

At least Tebow was humble.

Cotton

Staff member
He really is an ass.

Iamtdg I mean, not McCarron
That's not nice, Boberts. Did you learn nothing at last month's sensitivity training?

Cotton

Staff member
Beckham...

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
From Mayock's transcript: Jernigan is more of that three technique. I think Jernigan can step in and be special, early.

This probably means he won't be on our board in the first round and will end up being an All-Pro.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
From Mayock's transcript: Jernigan is more of that three technique. I think Jernigan can step in and be special, early.

This probably means he won't be on our board in the first round and will end up being an All-Pro.
For each person like Mayock that claims he's a three, I see those like Broaddus who see him as a one.

I don't want the player.

midswat

... soon
Yeah but Mayock > Broaddus

And it aint even close.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah but Mayock > Broaddus

And it aint even close.
Kirwan sees Jernigan as a three as well. All I can say about Broaddus is that he is saying Dallas probably views him as a one. He's a little more wired into our thinking than Mayock.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I don't doubt Broaddus is right about the Cowboys views on Jernigan. And at this point I'd say we're looking at HaHa Dix or Ealy or trade down.
Only 2 DT's worth a top 20 pick and Nix is a 3-4 NT while we don't seem to want Jernigan.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I don't doubt Broaddus is right about the Cowboys views on Jernigan. And at this point I'd say we're looking at HaHa Dix or Ealy or trade down.
Only 2 DT's worth a top 20 pick and Nix is a 3-4 NT while we don't seem to want Jernigan.
Don't like Ealy for what we need.

And if it came down to who is "worth" a top 20 pick, I take Donald over Ealy all day every day. He has produced in every way possible and all that people have to dog him is his size. Nix is a one technique only.

Top Bottom