Jaguars stuff...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Cowboys aim to keep routine in London
November, 3, 2014

By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas -- Dallas Cowboys coach Jason Garrett will try to keep his team on a normal schedule during the week in London as they get ready to play the Jacksonville Jaguars at Wembley Stadium on Sunday (1 p.m. ET, FOX).

The Cowboys are scheduled to leave Dallas Monday night and arrive in London Tuesday morning. Garrett will put players through a quick run after landing and they have to attend a Play 60 event run by the NFL.

"They've got to get themselves acclimated and when we wake up on Wednesday we're going to make it feel like a Wednesday," Garrett said. "One difference we'll be traveling to practice on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, no different than us traveling to our stadium in bad weather here. So you just have to kind of deal with that stuff and understand that's what this trip is all about and not allow that to be an excuse. The other team is going through the same kind of thing so we have to deal with what the situation is and be our best regardless."

The Cowboys will practice at Allianz Park, home of Saracens Rugby Club for the week. They will stay at a hotel next to Wembley and use the stadium's locker room as a home base of sorts before changing hotels later in the week.

Garrett said the Cowboys consulted a number of teams that have made the trip to London in the past.

"When do you want to go over, that's the first question we had to answer and we wanted to go over as early in the week as possible so we can get guys acclimated, not let the time or the jet lag be an issue for us so that's what tomorrow will be about once we get there," Garrett said. "Get some blood flowing through their body, and hopefully just get them acclimate and get their feet underneath them a little bit and then get into the normal week. We talked to other team about where they stayed, where they practiced all those kind of things. And everyone kind of gave us similar advice and we're following it."

Tony Romo won't be the only player to receive an upgrade into first class or business class seats for the Cowboys' plane ride to London tonight.

"When we've taken some of the big planes on some of the longer road trips this year already, we've put some of the more-veteran guys and some of the bigger guys up into that business class," Garrett said. "Hopefully we'll accommodate some of those guys."

After Sunday's loss to the Arizona Cardinals, owner and general manager Jerry Jones joked his wife, Gene, would sit in the bulkhead.

"You don't think it'd be me, do you?" Jones laughed.

What about Garrett? Where will he sit?

"Well, I will have a seat," Garrett said. "I don't know what I was initially scheduled for. We'll make sure the players are all in good shape."

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If Weeden plays, it's a one score game one way or the other, if Romo plays and is anywhere near normal, we win by 2-3+ TD's.

/thread

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If Weeden plays, it's a one score game one way or the other, if Romo plays and is anywhere near normal, we win by 2-3+ TD's.

/thread
I have more faith in Vaughan at this point then Weeden. Which is pretty much exactly how we all felt during the preseason.

GShock

DCC 4Life

/thread
I'm worried it's in Romo's head at this point. Broken clavicle, broken ribs, punctured lung, two back surgeries, and now fractured transverse processes.

Romo can't Romo when he hears footsteps. He's been Hutchinson'd.

Cotton

Staff member
Officials breakdown: John Parry
November, 4, 2014

By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

LONDON – John Parry’s crew will work Sunday’s game between the Dallas Cowboys and Jacksonville Jaguars at Wembley Stadium.

It will be the fifth Cowboys’ game since 2010 with Parry as the referee. They are 1-3 in the four contests with the only win coming last year against the Philadelphia Eagles. In the four games, the Cowboys have been penalized 31 times for 200 yards and the opponents have been flagged 23 times for 169 yards.

Parry’s crew worked the Philadelphia Eagles-Houston Texans’ contest last week. It called 17 penalties with 16 accepted. The Eagles were penalized seven times for 55 yards. The Texans had nine flags for 54 yards.

The breakdown:

False start – 6
Illegal contact – 1
Unsportsmanlike conduct – 1
Illegal block above the waist – 2
Defensive holding – 2
Offensive holding – 1
Illegal shift – 1
Face mask – 1
Offside – 1
Illegal use of hands – 1

Quarter-by-quarter:

First – 3
Second – 3
Third – 6
Fourth - 5

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Good.

Hopefully they both play.

Cotton

Staff member

Just what we need... something else to increase fumble potential.

Cotton

Staff member

I think he meant worldwide. :shrug

Cotton

Staff member
Tony Romo optimistic for Sunday

By Todd Archer | ESPN.com

LONDON -- The Dallas Cowboys' nine-hour flight to London did not bother quarterback Tony Romo.

"The flight was fine," Romo said during a Play 60 event outside Power League soccer pitches adjacent to Wembley Stadium. "I slept. It went by quick and that part of it was no problem."

Whether Romo plays Sunday against the Jacksonville Jaguars is up in the air, but the Cowboys and Romo feel optimistic he will able to start. He took part in a mild walk-through on Tuesday upon arrival and then threw some light tosses to school kids from Wembley Primary during the event.

Romo did not play last week against the Arizona Cardinals because of two transverse process fractures in his back. Like a number of veterans, Romo was given a first-class seat on the plane to be as comfortable a possible.

"It's progressing," Romo said of his back. "Each day it gets a little bit of improvement, and I think that you just keep trying to figure out what you're able to do each day and then you go on to the next day. We'll figure out if we're able to improve enough to be ready to go."

Romo has not practiced on a Wednesday since Week 2, as the Cowboys want him to rest and strengthen his surgically repaired back. He was not sure if he would follow a similar schedule this week when the Cowboys start practice at Saracens Rugby Club's Allianz Park.

"If you couldn't go in the walk-through, you'd probably struggle getting ready for practice," Romo said. "But it was good."

The decision to play or not will again come down mostly to pain tolerance. The Cowboys believe Romo is on a normal timetable for players who have had similar injuries.

The Cowboys faced an aggressive defense last week in the Cardinals and will face a solid pass rush this week in the Jaguars. Jacksonville's 27 sacks are tied for third most in the NFL.

"If I can functionally do what I need to do to help our football team, that's what will make the decision," Romo said. "It won't be based off how they play defense in that manner."

jootep

Brand New Member
Romo needs the rest.

If we can't beat the Jags without him then it's time to pack it in.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Romo needs the rest.

If we can't beat the Jags without him then it's time to pack it in.
Weeden couldn't hit a receiver 12 yards down field accurately. I don't know if you can ever take a game for granted when your QB isn't capable of completing that type of a pass.

jootep

Brand New Member
Weeden couldn't hit a receiver 12 yards down field accurately. I don't know if you can ever take a game for granted when your QB isn't capable of completing that type of a pass.
Well I would just start the rook and lean on Murray. Well, lean on Murray regardless.

Like I said, if this team wants to contend for anything, they beat a 1-8 team without Romo.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well I would just start the rook and lean on Murray. Well, lean on Murray regardless.

Like I said, if this team wants to contend for anything, they beat a 1-8 team without Romo.
I'm a little torn on the Romo thing. If the guy can play well with no added potential for further injury then I see no reason not to play him.

On the other side of that however is weather he can really sustain further injury. The team is claiming that his back is at no added risk for further injury by playing him. However you have to wonder if you risk messing with him mentally. The guy is in pain and if he goes out there and takes some hits it's going to really hurt. You potentially make him even more gun shy for the remainder of the season. Essentially I'd rather be 6-4 coming out of the bye week with a fully healthy Romo then to have a punch drunk Romo coming out of the bye week at 7-3. Not to mention if Romo isn't 100% what type of performance will we really see against the Jags? At the end of the Redskins game he was missing wide open guys all over the place.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I'm a little torn on the Romo thing. If the guy can play well with no added potential for further injury then I see no reason not to play him.

On the other side of that however is weather he can really sustain further injury. The team is claiming that his back is at no added risk for further injury by playing him. However you have to wonder if you risk messing with him mentally. The guy is in pain and if he goes out there and takes some hits it's going to really hurt. You potentially make him even more gun shy for the remainder of the season. Essentially I'd rather be 6-4 coming out of the bye week with a fully healthy Romo then to have a punch drunk Romo coming out of the bye week at 7-3. Not to mention if Romo isn't 100% what type of performance will we really see against the Jags? At the end of the Redskins game he was missing wide open guys all over the place.
Romo' s injury is hairline fracture of a protruding bone on the spine. It gets sore and hurts if contacted but it's not likely it would be further injured to shut him down..

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
How are you able to say this with any relative degree of certainty?
He takes another knee to the back and I don't see how it doesn't get worse. Penny wise pound foolish. Hairline fractures do heal... if you let them.

Top Bottom