NBA Chatter Thread

Carp

DCC 4Life
Bucks To Sign Greg Monroe To Max
July 2nd at 10:20am CST by Chuck Myron
9:20am: It’ll be a three-year contract with a player option on the final season, Wojnarowski tweets. Monroe will be eligible for a higher max bracket in two years, just as the salary cap is projected to reach its peak.

9:02am: Greg Monroe will sign a maximum-salary contract with the Bucks, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports (Twitter link). The David Falk client was to meet with the Knicks, who long appeared the front-runners for him, as well as the Lakers and Blazers. The Knicks didn’t offer the max to Monroe, as USA Today’s Jeff Zillgitt hears, perhaps explaining why he didn’t end up in New York (Twitter link). He’ll make about $16MM this coming season on a max deal, though it’s not immediately clear how long the contract, which can’t become official until the July Moratorium ends next week, will run.

Milwaukee has reportedly been keen on signing a marquee center, having eyed Tyson Chandler and Brook Lopez, among others, and Monroe, No. 7 on our Free Agent Power Rankings from last month, fits the bill. The Bucks will have to sign him using cap room, meaning his deal will almost certainly become official before Khris Middleton’s reported five-year, $70MM pact does, since Middleton’s cap hold will balloon from $2.725MM to eight figures once he signs.

It’s no surprise that Monroe is leaving the Pistons, as even though Falk and Monroe insisted that Detroit had a shot to keep him, with Monroe going so far as to say the Pistons had the “upper hand” at one point, it seemed a strong bet that he’d leave ever since he signed his qualifying offer from the Pistons last year. The Pistons reportedly offered less than the max when Monroe was a restricted free agent in 2014, so it appears his gamble paid off. I thought he’d at least come close to the max when I examined his free agent stock this past spring

D

Deuce

Bucks To Sign Greg Monroe To Max
July 2nd at 10:20am CST by Chuck Myron
9:20am: It’ll be a three-year contract with a player option on the final season, Wojnarowski tweets. Monroe will be eligible for a higher max bracket in two years, just as the salary cap is projected to reach its peak.

9:02am: Greg Monroe will sign a maximum-salary contract with the Bucks, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports (Twitter link). The David Falk client was to meet with the Knicks, who long appeared the front-runners for him, as well as the Lakers and Blazers. The Knicks didn’t offer the max to Monroe, as USA Today’s Jeff Zillgitt hears, perhaps explaining why he didn’t end up in New York (Twitter link). He’ll make about $16MM this coming season on a max deal, though it’s not immediately clear how long the contract, which can’t become official until the July Moratorium ends next week, will run.

Milwaukee has reportedly been keen on signing a marquee center, having eyed Tyson Chandler and Brook Lopez, among others, and Monroe, No. 7 on our Free Agent Power Rankings from last month, fits the bill. The Bucks will have to sign him using cap room, meaning his deal will almost certainly become official before Khris Middleton’s reported five-year, $70MM pact does, since Middleton’s cap hold will balloon from $2.725MM to eight figures once he signs.

It’s no surprise that Monroe is leaving the Pistons, as even though Falk and Monroe insisted that Detroit had a shot to keep him, with Monroe going so far as to say the Pistons had the “upper hand” at one point, it seemed a strong bet that he’d leave ever since he signed his qualifying offer from the Pistons last year. The Pistons reportedly offered less than the max when Monroe was a restricted free agent in 2014, so it appears his gamble paid off. I thought he’d at least come close to the max when I examined his free agent stock this past spring
:lol @ the Knicks.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Pacers To Sign Monta Ellis
July 2nd at 12:10pm CST by Chuck Myron

The Pacers and Monta Ellis have reached agreement on a four-year deal, reports Chris Broussard of ESPN.com (Twitter link). The contract will be worth $44MM with a player option after year three, Broussard adds (on Twitter). Ken Berger of CBSSports.com has the value of the deal at an estimated $45MM (Twitter link). The Pacers had reportedly offered a deal with similar terms over three years on Wednesday, when the sides met, so it appears the player option season has sprung up since then.
The client of Happy Walters and Jeff Fried turned down a four-year, $48MM offer from the Kings, sources tell Chris Broussard of ESPN.com (Twitter link)

Carp

DCC 4Life
Mavs Tentatively Consider Roy Hibbert Trade
July 2nd at 11:56am CST by Chuck Myron

The Mavericks remain hopeful about luring DeAndre Jordan from the Clippers, but if they don’t, they would consider trading with the Pacers for Roy Hibbert, reports Tim MacMahon of ESPNDallas.com (Twitter link). It would be a “salary-dump deal,” MacMahon says, presumably meaning that Dallas would absorb Hibbert into cap space instead of taking back players from Indiana. The Clippers’ chances at keeping Jordan are reportedly 50-50, though the Lakers and long shot Knicks also loom as threats.
Indiana seems eager to part with Hibbert, having reportedly been aggressive in their apparent attempts to trade him before the draft. Pacers president of basketball operations Larry Bird and coach Frank Vogel signaled this spring that they wanted to move on from Hibbert, who nonetheless picked up his player option worth more than $15.514MM.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Alex Kennedy ✔@AlexKennedyNBA
The New York Knicks are ramping up their pursuit of restricted free agent Patrick Beverley, per sources. The two sides are talking a lot.

Carp

DCC 4Life
First Afflalo...now Beverley...Knicks are killing it.

:dunce

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Mavs Tentatively Consider Roy Hibbert Trade
July 2nd at 11:56am CST by Chuck Myron

The Mavericks remain hopeful about luring DeAndre Jordan from the Clippers, but if they don’t, they would consider trading with the Pacers for Roy Hibbert, reports Tim MacMahon of ESPNDallas.com (Twitter link). It would be a “salary-dump deal,” MacMahon says, presumably meaning that Dallas would absorb Hibbert into cap space instead of taking back players from Indiana. The Clippers’ chances at keeping Jordan are reportedly 50-50, though the Lakers and long shot Knicks also loom as threats.
Indiana seems eager to part with Hibbert, having reportedly been aggressive in their apparent attempts to trade him before the draft. Pacers president of basketball operations Larry Bird and coach Frank Vogel signaled this spring that they wanted to move on from Hibbert, who nonetheless picked up his player option worth more than $15.514MM.
I'm so desperate for someone that can help that I would actually do this deal.

We're gonna suck for a long time. =(

Jiggyfly

Banned
I'm so desperate for someone that can help that I would actually do this deal.

We're gonna suck for a long time. =(
does he really help?

Hibbert would really slow that team down and for him to be effective he needs some perimeter defensive help.

Carp

DCC 4Life

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
The Lakers are getting another meeting with Aldridge. Basically a re-do.

I actually hope they land him. I do not want him going to San Antonio extending the Spurs dominance. I'm ready for those SOBs to fall off.

1bigfan13

Staff member
The Knicks really are a bunch of pathetic sad sack fucks.
Did you hear that Aldridge immediately cancelled his meeting with them after learning they wanted him to play center? :lol

The Knicks can't do anything right.

1bigfan13

Staff member
D-Wade re-signing with Miami on a 1 year deal for $20M.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
The Lakers are getting another meeting with Aldridge. Basically a re-do.

I actually hope they land him. I do not want him going to San Antonio extending the Spurs dominance. I'm ready for those SOBs to fall off.
Crap and a half.

1bigfan13

Staff member
DeAndre Jordan should be a fantastic defensive anchor for the Mavs. Obviously the concern is having him on the floor late in games due to his FT shooting. Also, I do wonder how effective he'll be on the offensive end since he no longer has Chris Paul setting him up for easy baskets.

Last edited:

dallen

Senior Tech
DeAndre Jordan, Mavericks reach agreement on max contract

DeAndre Jordan is leaving the Los Angeles Clippers to join the Dallas Mavericks.

Sources told ESPN.com that Jordan and the Mavericks have agreed to a four-year maximum contract worth more than $80 million that includes a player option after the third season to allow the highly coveted center to return to free agency in July 2018.

The chance to be featured as the Mavericks' new franchise player and return to Texas after playing at Texas A&M in college, sources say, is leading Jordan to leave the Clippers, with whom he consistently has been cast as a third wheel behind L.A. stars Chris Paul and Blake Griffin.

"We think he is going to be our best player for years to come," Mavs owner Mark Cuban told ESPN.com via CyberDust. "A franchise player for the rest of his career."

In their pitch to Jordan earlier this week, the Mavericks included recorded messages from Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones and star wide receiver Dez Bryant, playing to Jordan's well-known fandom of the Cowboys and Bryant in particular.

Jordan also met with the New York Knicks and Los Angeles Lakers, but his decision had been expected to come down to the Mavs and Clippers.

Dallas received a verbal commitment from free-agent shooting guard Wesley Matthews on Thursday night for a four-year deal expected to average in the $13 million range, sources said.

Dallas, led by the efforts of small forward Chandler Parsons, relentlessly recruited Jordan and Matthews. Parsons traveled to Los Angeles the night of the draft to spend time with the Mavs' top two free-agent targets. He was later joined by star Dirk Nowitzki, Cuban, coach Rick Carlisle, president of basketball operations Donnie Nelson and athletic trainer Casey Smith.

The Mavs' contingent split into two parties as free agency opened, hosting dinner meetings with both Jordan and Matthews. Jordan met again with Dallas officials the next day, when sources said he was particularly impressed by a basketball strategy discussion with Carlisle, who dined with Matthews and not Jordan the previous night.

Jordan finished first in the league in field goal percentage (.710) and rebounds per game (15.0) in 2014-15. He was the first player to do so in back-to-back seasons since Wilt Chamberlain in 1971-72 and 1972-73. Jordan's field goal percentage was the second-highest in NBA history behind Chamberlain's .727 in 1972-73.

Clippers coach Doc Rivers made the case for Jordan to be named the defensive player of the year for much of the season, but he finished third in voting for the second consecutive season. The 26-year-old center, however, was named to the All-NBA third team for the first time in his career.

Jordan became the only player in NBA history to average at least 13 rebounds per game while shooting at least 70 percent from the field in a postseason as the Clippers fell one victory short of their first conference finals berth, losing to the eventual champion Golden State Warriors.

While Jordan averaged a career-high 11.5 points per game last season, he shot 39.7 percent from the free throw line and is a 41.7 percent shooter there for his career. "Hack-a-Jordan" has become a common practice for opponents, but the Clippers are 12-0 during the regular season when Jordan attempts 14 or more free throws.

With Jordan choosing the Mavericks, the Knicks agreed to a deal with free-agent center Robin Lopez, sources said.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13193952/deandre-jordan-nearing-deal-dallas-mavericks

:towel Cuban finally got a major free agent. Hopefully it wasn't too little, too late. You wonder who is going to play PG for this team

Top Bottom