Brian Williams Suspended From NBC News

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
They don't care about his credibility. The Veterans in this story tried to get them to listen, for years. They knowingly let this puke LIE, for years.

All they want is for the shitstorm to wane, then it will be back to business as usual.
I tend to agree. The suspension is probably an assessment tool to see if the short memory syndrome of the country is in play with Williams.

Jiggyfly

Banned
No?

You don't think PC would work in Lester's favor, if his ratings were as good or maybe even a little under, Brian's? They have their built in excuse now, for social promotion. Affirmative Action baby! They can make history, First Black Network News Anchor ever!
If the ratings are higher how is that Affirmative Action baby!:lol

And he would not be the first black either.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Robinson

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I guess one question would be is the loss of pay (or fine) a sufficient punishment for his siin? It probably amounts to upwards of a million dollars. That's pretty hefty.

DCUDoomsday

Brand New Member
If the ratings are higher how is that Affirmative Action baby!:lol

And he would not be the first black either.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Robinson

Oh, stop it. You really think ole Max existed in the same PC dominated world we have today?

Like i said, the ratings don't have to be higher. I said as good or slightly under.

You disagree the job is Lester's to lose? I'm saying that today, he will have a really hard time losing it. I mean, how would it look?

DCUDoomsday

Brand New Member
I guess one question would be is the loss of pay (or fine) a sufficient punishment for his siin? It probably amounts to upwards of a million dollars. That's pretty hefty.
It probably amounts to nothing, unless he agrees to it. Contract, and all.

You don't really believe anything NBC says, do you?

Jiggyfly

Banned
Oh, stop it. You really think ole Max existed in the same PC dominated world we have today?

Like i said, the ratings don't have to be higher. I said as good or slightly under.

You disagree the job is Lester's to lose? I'm saying that today, he will have a really hard time losing it. I mean, how would it look?
First you said he would be welcomed back with open arms now he will not because of affirmative action make up your mind dude.:lol

My only point was that I don't think they will be in a rush to welcome him back and then you took it in a whole other direction, if Lesters numbers are high yes its his job to lose but please explain how that is affirmitive action in your mind.

DCUDoomsday

Brand New Member
First you said he would be welcomed back with open arms now he will not because of affirmative action make up your mind dude.:lol

My only point was that I don't think they will be in a rush to welcome him back and then you took it in a whole other direction, if Lesters numbers are high yes its his job to lose but please explain how that is affirmitive action in your mind.
Hold on now, leave some room for people to agree with you and stop fibbing about what they say. I never said anything about "open arms.".

Pointing out NBC is and will be slaves to PC isn't taking anything in another direction, it's just true. Lester's numbers won't have to be better than Brian's for Lester to keep that desk. That's the PC, affirmative action part. I never said or even hinted that higher ratings were affirmative action. That's your canard.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Hold on now, leave some room for people to agree with you and stop fibbing about what they say. I never said anything about "open arms.".

Pointing out NBC is and will be slaves to PC isn't taking anything in another direction, it's just true. Lester's numbers won't have to be better than Brian's for Lester to keep that desk. That's the PC, affirmative action part. I never said or even hinted that higher ratings were affirmative action. That's your canard.
But if his ratings are good how is that being PC or have anything to do with affirmative action?

Would he have not proven he is the right man for the job, your "canard" was that Williams would have no real issues coming back and now your "canard" is that the Lester hire is PC.

You seem to just want to rail against something.

DCUDoomsday

Brand New Member
But if his ratings are good how is that being PC or have anything to do with affirmative action?
No one ever said that, except you.

Would he have not proven he is the right man for the job, your "canard" was that Williams would have no real issues coming back and now your "canard" is that the Lester hire is PC.

You seem to just want to rail against something.
You are attacking your own straw man. Intentionally or not, can't tell yet. Go back and read exactly what I typed, for elucidation.

Their intention is to bring back Williams, they've said that. But you made a good point about ratings. Then I remembered the replacement is Lester Holt. And if his ratings are only as good as or even a little less than Williams' were, they would have a really hard time bringing back Lyin' Brian due to PC reasons. It would be bad optics. And that is your social promotion, affirmative action situation.

Now, if Lester's ratings were stellar, they're saved from the PC conundrum.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It probably amounts to nothing, unless he agrees to it. Contract, and all.

You don't really believe anything NBC says, do you?
I don't know what his contract is but most at that level have protection clauses for the employer so William's agreement would not be necessary.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Lester will have a tough time losing this gig, for one you cannot consider Williams ratings would stay the same after the scandal.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Lester will have a tough time losing this gig, for one you cannot consider Williams ratings would stay the same after the scandal.
I think you would actually see a bump in his ratings when he came back. People love a train wreck...now I am not sure he could hold onto that, but for the first couple weeks back I bet he gets crazy ratings.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
How many at Fox?

100%:lol
Ridiculous comparison dude. Name one person at Fox who is half the idiot that Sharpton or Ed what's his name is. The fact they have that race baiter on with his own show is almost criminal.

Top Bottom