Video Game Chatter

Smitty

DCC 4Life
There are two damn games I want. Another Elder Scrolls and a sequel to Red Dead Redemption. Star Wars, Batman and Fall Out basically do nothing for me.
Fallout and Elder Scrolls are mechanically and stylistically very similar. Obvious the settings couldn't be any more different but did you ever try Fallout 3? You might really like it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Fallout and Elder Scrolls are mechanically and stylistically very similar. Obvious the settings couldn't be any more different but did you ever try Fallout 3? You might really like it.
No I never tried it because it looks too much like a first person shooter to me. I don't know, maybe I just need to buy it and see if I like it.

Last edited:

Smitty

DCC 4Life
No I never tried it because it looks too much like a first person shooter to me. I don't know, maybe I just need to buy it and see if I like it.
Fallout is not at all a first person shooter. In fact there is not even any looking down the sights in Fallout 3.

The primary combat is guns, but it's a role playing game through and through. And most of the combat uses this system called VATS where you pause time and use it to target enemies. The ONLY thing it shares with a real first person shooter like Call of Duty or Battlefield is the fact that it uses guns, but other than that, it has skill trees, perks, inventory management, loot, exploration, etc, all the hallmarks of an open world RPG exploration game that Bethesda is known for.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The primary combat is guns, but it's a role playing game through and through. And most of the combat uses this system called VATS where you pause time and use it to target enemies. The ONLY thing it shares with a real first person shooter like Call of Duty or Battlefield is the fact that it uses guns, but other than that, it has skill trees, perks, inventory management, loot, exploration, etc, all the hallmarks of an open world RPG exploration game that Bethesda is known for.
Well hell I might love it then. I suck at first person shooters but I have no problem with guns. That's why I loved Red Dead Redemption so much. Sure it was a game with guns but it wasn't challenging to shoot shit like FPS's are. I assume I'll have to break out the PS3 to see if I like it?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Well hell I might love it then. I suck at first person shooters but I have no problem with guns. That's why I loved Red Dead Redemption so much. Sure it was a game with guns but it wasn't challenging to shoot shit like FPS's are. I assume I'll have to break out the PS3 to see if I like it?
Yeah, unless you have a PC that can run it, which shouldn't be much of a problem if you have a computer newer than 2008.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Good news, or terribly disheartening news?

Todd Howard announces that after Fallout 4, his team at Bethesda is likely to "develop a new IP" instead of continuing to alternate between the Elder Scrolls and Fallout.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I want another Elder Scrolls before I'm too old to play video games anymore!
Terrible terrible news.

Although I suppose they could just license them out like they did with new Vegas.

That could potentially get the franchises to market much quicker.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, unless you have a PC that can run it, which shouldn't be much of a problem if you have a computer newer than 2008.
I've got multiple PC's that could run it but I really prefer video games on my TV with a console.

Last edited:

dallen

Senior Tech
I've got multiple PC's that could run it but I really prefer video games on my TV with a console.
Check out the Steam Link. I just have a PC hooked up to my TV and run Steam in Big Picture mode. PCs get almost all the cross-platform games and most of the XBOX exclusives, and Steam is almost always cheaper than buying the console version

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
There are a ton of other things to move on to instead, IMO.
I know you're not big on Elder Scrolls Online. However their isn't a monthly subscription to it anymore so I figured I'd try it and see if I liked it since all it requires now is the initial game purchase. It's actually pretty fun. I basically play it like Skyrim and don't interact with other people.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I know you're not big on Elder Scrolls Online. However their isn't a monthly subscription to it anymore so I figured I'd try it and see if I liked it since all it requires now is the initial game purchase. It's actually pretty fun. I basically play it like Skyrim and don't interact with other people.
Eh, too into Witcher 3 at the moment. Which is amazing by the way. If you are a fan of the Elder Scrolls you should try it.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Yea, I'm not a big fan of these types of ganes, but I'm enjoying this.

I too just treat it as a single player experience except when it comes time to do dungeons. That's when 4 of us get together to take it down, and it's pretty fun.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
two things:

1) anyone buy the new batman? if so how is it?

2) Is anybody going in on Star Wars when it comes out? I think we should start a group to play the co-op missions when it comes out in November. This game is too sick not to play with other DCC members

Newt

DCC 4Life

Newt

DCC 4Life
two things:

1) anyone buy the new batman? if so how is it?

2) Is anybody going in on Star Wars when it comes out? I think we should start a group to play the co-op missions when it comes out in November. This game is too sick not to play with other DCC members
I really want to get into a game like these, my problem is I may go two or three weeks without being able to get on and play. then I can binge for a weekend, and then I'm out again.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Is there a fairly decent update available?
Yes.

The guys at Operation Sports always put out these extensive, accurate rosters and they've continued to work on NCAA14.

There's a new one out due out soon for the 2015 season.

Top Bottom